Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ON-ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ON-ROAD

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: miniphsyco

what brushless cars do you recommend??
Any car can take a brushless motor.
ahh, yes, but not all can handle it

me honestly, love pan cars, even for "bashing" simple, reliable,fast and on the right surface with right driver, are untouched by touring cars.

but unless you have a good place to run them, and unless you are able to drive RWD, they are not a joy at all.

honestly, I would get a ofna JL10E drift kit, you will need all your running equipment and need to buy and paint your own body, but I think its a great way to go, ofna carries a great line, HPI.... I don't know, ive had some of their stuff and I was never really thrilled about them.

the kit is like $115 then a body $20-30, and a brushless setup (ez run) $60, servo $20, battery (generic) $20 radio (fly sky) $20 and charger (again generic) $30 so your looking at $280 to get going, but at least you start with a good charger and battery along with a brushless setup.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 PM
JohnP2

Have you looked at the Nitro 4-Tec?</p>
Old 06-16-2012, 08:53 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Have you looked at the Nitro 4-Tec?</p>
i'm not going there[&:]
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 AM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Have you looked at the Nitro 4-Tec?
i'm not going there[&amp;:]
I understand.....

Just throwing out options. If I really wanted to lob a grenade, I would have noted it was selected RC Car Actions "Reader's ChoiceAward" for best on-road car....but I'm not going to bring that up. Ha!

In all-seriousness, I'm not defending the car (as I have never owned a Traxxas) and at the same time won't dismiss it either. I considered getting one, but changed my mind as it is does not seem for me....but there does appear to be a market for it.

Another consideration is the XRay RX8.</p>
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 AM
jayjay283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ofna dm-1e spec $250 plus $25 off at amain and a cheap chinese 1/8th system should get you in around 200 quid
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Have you looked at the Nitro 4-Tec?
i'm not going there[&:]
I understand.....[img][/img]

Just throwing out options. If I really wanted to lob a grenade, I would have noted it was selected RC Car Actions ''Reader's Choice Award'' for best on-road car....but I'm not going to bring that up. Ha!

In all-seriousness, I'm not defending the car (as I have never owned a Traxxas) and at the same time won't dismiss it either. I considered getting one, but changed my mind as it is does not seem for me....but there does appear to be a market for it.

Another consideration is the XRay RX8.</p>
yeah, you cant give those things away.

nitro has a place in my heart, but I honestly like electric on-roads better, just seems like a better fit.