Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

What planes are currently flying with an OS 1.60 FX?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

What planes are currently flying with an OS 1.60 FX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What planes are currently flying with an OS 1.60 FX?

I have a hard time hand flipping my four strokes.

I would also never hold the prop with the glow driver attached, especially a four stroke. Those babys can give a REALLY nasy kick.

It is always a good idea to sand off the flashing on your props, but even then the tips on APC props are enough to slice you up pretty good.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Not to drift too far off the subject - Last year one of our club members was working on his 91 Surpass mounted on a 60 sized Space Walker. He had the airplane attacked to a house brick. He started the engine and was sitting on a stool next to the airplane. After making a few engine adjustments he throttled the engine and the plane pulled the brick. He instinctively grab for the airplane. The APC prop took his thumb off right at the knuckle. The cut was clean, but the thumb could not be reattached. The engine didn't stop and the prop had no nicks in it. It cut his thumb off as though someone had used a razor on it. Ouch!

The good news is that he is back flying now, but it's been a long road to recovery, and had to learn all over again. He now uses his index finger and the thumb stub to hold the stick vs. the thumb tip. Yes, these APC props ( any prop for that matter ) can bite you bad.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I guess I have had a healthy respect or mistrust of props all my life and will always and I mean always use a starter! I have seen too many fingers severely cut..even if it turns in one flip why take a chance..I did use hand flips when I was yopunger and dumb.man did the prop hurt! sooooooo a starter is an investment in your long term health.. and I love the os 160..great stuff.