Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

himoto

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 AM
zeen420
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: himoto

Well then... Himoto is grate... Dont bash untill you try, Take all these misconceptions and stories about "cheap knock offs" and KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF, HPI,LOSI, Traxxas ALL had to start somewhere.. So get over it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 AM
twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

(Back on topic.)

ORIGINAL: jinja

what are the good things and bad things about himoto truggys in general
I don't think that you'll find a unbiased opinion here. You have the people who can't see any good in them, and those who think they're great. Personally I think the the saying "you get what you pay for" is correct.

So you say you get what you pay for huh. What about the TTr St1. Maybe the toughest undereated truggy you can get for under $300 and its not a so called cheap chinese knock off. So if TTR can put that kind of quality in thier truggy and still keep the price down then why cant Himoto do the same thing. I have owned a few redcats and they have been very durable. Why cant people just give these companies a chance to see whats going to happen within the next few years. traxxas started out the same way and now they are the largest rc manufacture in the world but they are NOT the most reliable trucks but people still seem to buy them even now when they are so overpriced. Back when the T maxx came out they cost just over $200.00. Now they cost over 400.00. You can get a Savage with much better quality for under 400.00 and we all know the savage is the basher of all bashers. Everything now days is pretty much made in China. Look at Walmart. They are now a Chinese based company but we all still seem to go there. So anyone that says that these are cheap chinese rip offs and that the are junk are hypocrites.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
ranger4x4

very well said twomany. plus i'm sure all of the electronics in traxxas and hpi, and losi all come from china and japan as well.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: zeen420

Well then... Himoto is grate... Dont bash untill you try, Take all these misconceptions and stories about "cheap knock offs" and KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF, HPI,LOSI, Traxxas ALL had to start somewhere.. So get over it.
That is such a hard thing to say to ranger4X4, who just said and agrees with your opinion 100%

As for misconceptions, I believe RCU is trying its best to discourage the posting of wrongful information, but bear in mind that RC fans are entitled their opinions and I believe RCU actually encourages fans to express their knowledge, experiences, sucesses, and problems with RCs. What can be construed as misconceptions from one poster just might be his personal experience. Just keep you radar up so you can read through the BS and see the truth. That also means dont be biased by your own brand loyalties. For example, I am primarily an HPI fan, and there are many HPI fans who "duke it out" with Traxxas fans. But I also admire many Traxxas products and have used many Traxxass parts on some of my HPI vehicles.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
ranger4x4

i never said anything bad about hpi traxxas or any other brand in anyway at all. i completely agree with you savagejim. but they are also bashing what they call chinese knockoffs, i was merely saying that bashing anything that comes from a different country isn't always the truth. other companies like samsung or motorola or whatever. whats next are they gonna start saying that anything from canada is garbage too? how about from europe? where does it end? i don't bash any product or manufacturerwhats the point to it? i was simply applying their line of thinking to every product made. whats the difference? i don't see the point to it at all.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:00 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: zeen420

That is such a hard thing to say to ranger4X4, who just said and agrees with your opinion 100%

As for misconceptions, I believe RCU is trying its best to discourage the posting of wrongful information, but bear in mind that RC fans are entitled their opinions and I believe RCU actually encourages fans to express their knowledge, experiences, sucesses, and problems with RCs. What can be construed as misconceptions from one poster just might be his personal experience. Just keep you radar up so you can read through the BS and see the truth. That also means dont be biased by your own brand loyalties. For example, I am primarily an HPI fan, and there are many HPI fans who "duke it out" with Traxxas fans. But I also admire many Traxxas products and have used many Traxxass parts on some of my HPI vehicles.
That was not directed at Ranger
Old 04-27-2008, 02:02 AM
ranger4x4

i know zeen i was just stating my opinion and completely agree
Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

ok i'm kind of confused here, maybe someone can clarify this for me."inferior" chinese products? where is samsung made? how about motorola? and what else.... how about kyosho? or are those made here in the u.s.? and maybe look under the hood of the gmc/chevy 1 ton trucks with the duramax diesel, and tell me where those are made? it's not here those are isuzu diesel engines made in both china and japan. if so called chinese knock offs are that big of a problem to some people try looking at the country of origin and don't buy it if you don't like it. it's that simple. not everything from over there is cheap and of low quality. also if you look around on the net it's not hadr to find that himoto is big in a lot of countries like australia, new zealand, europe etc. etc. they are just coming to the u.s. i'm sure that even companies like hpi, traxxas, and so on, got the same things said about them when they came around.
As for brand bias, though I used two name brand examples (HPI & Traxxas), I was just trying to express that brand fanaticism and bias ocurs even between the big name brand fans. This bias aslo exsist between Traxxas vs Redcat fans or HPI vs Himoto fans. Or Smartech Magic Wheel vs Traxxas T-Maxx, or any other combination.

Personally, as for RC's I prefer OS engines (Japan) or Rossis (Itallian) due to better quality and better customer serverice, even from the distributors. Dont get me wrong, I have used the chinese engines (my Savages came with the chinese Kingstar-Nitrostar, I also have used several STS engines, I also have a pair of Axial engines, also chinese made), and they have run okay at the moment, and the STS engines even perform better than the stock RTR engines. But from my personal experiences, the materials quality of these engines just do not meet up to the Japanese OS and Italian Rossis. For example, as powereful as the STS engines may be, the metallugy and production quality of these engines are terrible. The STS carbs leak air like nobody's business, even if you seal the engine (actually some STS carbs are absolute lemons, no matter how much RTV you throw at that engine, it will still run away from massive air leaks from very poor production quality controls). I have had to call STS to demand a propely machined carb be sent to me (this was a hasel in stself, I had to send several e-mails and make several phone calls and when the new carb was sent, it took several weeks to reach me). My Axials are okay, but they are finicky to tune due to lax quality controls as well, though not as bad as STS. I have had a friend who has had the very same Axial engines as mine and it did exhibit massive carb air leaks like the STS did. There is also a fellow RCU member who had problems with this very same engine, we didnt beleive him and we demanded he post several vids of this engine burning up. He did post vids, many of them in fact, and even his tuning settings. He shot vids of his engine running away under different settings (plugs, fuels, outsuide running conditions) to support that it is the engine, not his tuning or other conditions that are at fault. This is what I mean by inferior products.

As for foreign products, Isuzu, I have faith in, it is built to Japanese poduction standards, and these are very strict. For example, Japanese OS will have tighter tolerances and matrials standards. Though the OS ABL nickle sleves may leave some to be desired when compared to chrome, those engiens can be rebuilt several times more than their chinese countaparts before the block is useless. Motorola? The fab plant for those chips are in Texas. Motorola chips go into all sorts of products including many cell phones, Mac computers, etc. As for American RC engines, I just wish there were a reputable one that is actually made in the US. If there were, I would buy it.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

just a quick question, is internet rc a nock-off ??
Old 09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

It was not wise to bring up this thread again, too many people have bee angered in this thread and other like it. Besides, you already know where the Himoto and Redcat forums are, and they can help with with everythinng that are HSP and even Himoto's new MegaP RCs.

I therefore ask the mods and admin to lock and delete this thread.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

ok sorry[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
kuppler

It was not wise to bring up this thread again, too many people have bee angered in this thread and other like it. Besides, you already know where the Himoto and Redcat forums are, and they can help with with everythinng that are HSP and even Himoto's new MegaP RCs.

Savagejim i 2nd that. this kind of thread Brings out the worst in people.. LOL....

Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Anomie

Good point, and I also believe that is the best course of action.