Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UMA Insurance Group

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UMA Insurance Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 03:16 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UMA Insurance Group

Well fellow jet pilots, we all best become best of friends from here out because no one is going to look after us except we our self.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-14-2003, 03:29 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: maverick

ORIGINAL: patf

under the new regs you could train a friend on a buddy box, get him a waiver, then you two can sign each other off whenever necessary.
Just to clarify, under the new rules as I read it, any waivered turbine pilot can use the buddy box to train an unwaivered pilot, but that unwaivered pilot must still do his check flight in front of a Turbine CD to get his waiver. After the 2nd pilot is waivered you then could vouch for each other's proficiency and number of flights per year to stay current.
Actually I read it differently. It says:

The pilot will successfully perform a qualification flight consisting of all flight maneuvers from AMA document 538 under the supervision of two experienced turbine pilots, one of whom is a contest director.

That reads to me as a normal waiver holder who is ALSO an AMA contest director, NOT an "AMA designated turbine signoff contest director" (which required even more paperwork than just getting the waiver and becoming a CD) as the old rules read. This opens up a larger number of people to sign off initial turbine waivers.

Bob
Old 11-14-2003, 03:53 PM
rcuser006
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

That reads to me as a normal waiver holder who is ALSO an AMA contest director, NOT an "AMA designated turbine signoff contest director" (which required even more paperwork than just getting the waiver and becoming a CD) as the old rules read. This opens up a larger number of people to sign off initial turbine waivers.
After re-reading the text of the document again, I agree it does not specifically state that the CD has to be a Turbine CD.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:26 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

BirdofpraY,

why is it every time I see your avitar out of the corner of my eye, I think bikini bottoms [sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-14-2003, 05:33 PM
rcuser006
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: sfaust

BirdofpraY,

why is it every time I see your avitar out of the corner of my eye, I think bikini bottoms [sm=confused.gif]
Must be withdrawal symptoms from the start of that long cold winter. I was in Boston last week on business and it was cold, windy and rainy the whole week! I guess if I had to live there bikini bottoms would be constantly on my mind too!
Old 11-14-2003, 05:57 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

I hate the fact I have to shelve the transmitters and take out the dremel every year around this time. Fortunately, when we get some of those 20 degree days in the winter, I put on some shorts and T-shirts and get in a couple flights. The air density really boosts the performance! I envy those that live in warmer climates, but I know if I lived there, I wouldn't have any planes to fly due to the lack of a building season. So I guess it all evens out. I'll be putting together two turbines (King Cat and L39), a senior telemaster with lights for night flying, and a electric sailplane this winter. Can't do that with sunshine and 70's.

For the time being, I'll be content to stare at BirdofpraY's avitar and dream of, er, ah, well, whatever comes to mind
Old 11-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with David, the recert issue is just not a big deal, at least for most of us. If I lived out in the middle of no-where, I might feel different. Bird O' Prey has it right, we'd best be best friends and stick together like glue cause there be them that wanna pry us apart for sure!
Old 11-14-2003, 07:44 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

sfaust, my avitar is becoming a Mirage and must draw you in to withdraw systems now that it is becoming winter now that I look at it I am getting them too lol.... It does have that shape doesn't it.... lol