Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Pics of my 1st nitro RC Savvy BIG pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:20 PM
ntloser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my 1st nitro RC Savvy BIG pictures

Hi,

No I haven't shaved off the top pieces yet. But I am going to go to the powdercoater and take them off. There are better tools there. It is going to take a week to get the parts done because he is just going to put them through with another batch of parts. That is how I got the low low price. I ended up getting this powder called City Lights. It looks black until you go into the sun and then it flip flops. Damn I can't wait to get it back. Also, they do plug up the holes.

I forget where I got the rollcage but they have them at alot of places. Just do a search for RC Solutions rollcage.. I think they have them at the savage-central store too.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I saw a silver one on ebay somewhere today. I believe it was when I did a search under RC for Savage. [8D] They just look heavy to me. Trying to keep my all ready heavy Savage as light as I can. This will be my first truck I have not added a alloy as I have had problems with alloy parts. But each to there own.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:47 PM

Sweet savv, like the colour scheme

How strong is that roll cage out of interest[8D]. im only curios cose the stock rollbar ive heard tends to bend reasnibly quickly after a couple of flips, does the cage stand up 2 the impact?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:09 PM
46u

I have seen pictures of people standing on this one.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:42 PM
ntloser

GG,
I went to the powdercoater before work thinking I would just shave the mounts off there. When i got there, I realized the "powdercoater" didn't have any idea when he is going to get around to powdercoating my parts.. So I took parts home and cut and sanded the top mounts off the cage. I am thinking about removing the front ones too. When my new TVP's come in tomorrow, I am going to see if I can fit the front body mounts with the rollcage on. And it looks like I am going to take the purple off with the oven cleaner and run the cage and skidplate silver until I get a time from the powdercoater.

Windows,
I am not sure how strong the rollcage is as I haven't landed on it. So far the rollcage only comes into play when I flip from too much throttle. The color scheme is going to be totally different tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:12 PM
46u

Here you go I found this on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...976249280&rd=1
Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
ntloser

Err not trying to keep bumping but just wanted to say thanks to Brad and savageman90 for the compliments. I will be putting some new pics here tomorrow.

46u

What other cool things do you have for your motorcycle shop that you use on the savage?

Old 05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
:Green:

did you try the oven cleaner yet ?
I was thinking of doing it to my head if it works. Im getting a new body along with aluminum clutch shoes, should be here today or tomorro. Ford Bronco...
Old 05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
ntloser

The oven cleaner took it off. But it didn't look very good. I guess I needed to polish it or perhaps some oven cleaner dried on it.
I took them (rollcage/skidplate) back to the powdercoater this morning when i found he could do gloss black today. I didn't want to wait for the city lights.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
:Green:

Aww, Ida waited for the big city lights dude. woulda been sweet from what I had pictured in my head. oh well, yer truck....Im sure it will still look cool...[8D]

now i got the scorpions stuck in my head...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
ntloser

I was thinking about waiting but I realized the skid plate is under the truck and the rollbar is going to get scarred up. Plus I couldn't wait any longer to bash.

Staying up all night finally caught up with me and I slept until 8pm so I didn't get to pick up the rollcage. Luckily the USPS packages were in the mail box and I started with project Back in Black

Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 PM
ntloser

Well the skidplate and rollcage came back from powder

Cool.. but then I realized the cage had been powdercoated assembled and it didn't really fit right. So I had to make an adjustment to the rear bumper brace.

Because my igniter is short, I had to remove a brace/tube on the cage to get it started. I also put on the replacement disk pads. And found that they are either on or off and I flipped the truck and bent the cage. I've had it with the RC Solutions piece of ****. I want that one from twisted toys one.