Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powermax Problems..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powermax Problems..

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Pete737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Powermax Problems..

ORIGINAL: bcovish

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: Vincent

you guys have no idea how good this starting system is now from jetcat. Propane...[:@]
V..
.... Untill you need another $200.00 Kero plug to replace.

I've been doing it KC's way for 2 years now, and I'm still on my first $1.00 bottle of propane and the original $10.00 Rossi plugs. Flawless starts on my P-70 & P-80 SE.
Just replaced my old P120 with a P120SX and it only comes with kero start.
Bob do you just turn on the RX, Close the jet back up and do the rest from the TX? That would be nice!

Pete
Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion, you don't want to close up the jet before you start. If you have a hot start or something else happens that you need to turn off fuel or whatever, with the hatch on, your screwed.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pete737

Wish I could go to the green bottle but my Jet Central wont light on it. Tried it a handful of times, It wont pop []..

Pete
Work with Eric to get the right parameters.All my Jet Central light easily with Propane.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Just replaced my old P120 with a P120SX and it only comes with kero start.
it can be converted to use the external Kero start plug (in case you burn out the internal and wanna get a few more flights before sending her in) but I'm not sure if you can also gas start it the same way, not sure where the gas is injected at relevant to the glow plug hole that's blanked out on the turbine, via the 3mm input it goes directly to the internal Kero igniter and likely won't work but I've never tried it............wanna be the first to give it a try Bob???
Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Pete737

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

Wish I could go to the green bottle but my Jet Central wont light on it. Tried it a handful of times, It wont pop []..

Pete
Work with Eric to get the right parameters.All my Jet Central light easily with Propane.
Edgar, I have a older version Falcon. I don't have the option to regulate gas flow, Only glow power, speaking of which I have tried every reasonable setting with no success. I have had a number of guys look at it as well, Puzzling..

Pete
Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Pete
Edgar, I have a older version Falcon. I don't have the option to regulate gas flow, Only glow power, speaking of which I have tried every reasonable setting with no success. I have had a number of guys look at it as well, Puzzling..

Pete
Pete, I also got the old ECU. I get Propane starts all the time using [link=http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=774]this valve[/link]. Just used the lowest setting (one click only). This gives like 12-15 PSI. No restrictor needed.
If the plane has long line for the gas (e.g. big plane like the Eurosport), then may need to make sure not too much wind get into plane, so align 90% to the wind.Good luck
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Pete737

Pete

Pete
Pete, I also got the old ECU. I get Propane starts all the time using [link=http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=774]this valve[/link]. Just used the lowest setting (one click only). This gives like 12-15 PSI. No restrictor needed.
If the plane has long line for the gas (e.g. big plane like the Eurosport), then may need to make sure not too much wind get into plane, so align 90% to the wind.Good luck
Hey thanks Edgar, I think that's what my friend Mike is using and we tried that a few times on my falcon....No good. It does always start on the powermax though, Just takes a few tries sometimes with the onboard tank.

I must say, Using the PM can offboard with the squeeze trigger it has started the first try since Ive been doing it that way, Maybe 5 or 6 starts now, Which is great for the Falcon but apparently the P-60 doesn't like it that much. Id like to find a happy medium.

Pete