Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Distributor Invoicing, PAU, B&E Graphics, and others

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Distributor Invoicing, PAU, B&E Graphics, and others

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Distributor Invoicing, PAU, B&E Graphics, and others

Some people in this hobby will never be happy.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
qldviking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tired Old Man is right regarding the paperwork that is supposed to come with shipped items. I also ran a business and while its nice and handy to hve it all electronically, it takes just one virus to wipe the lot, and having saved them on disc is no help if that virus goes with the files. I know, I've been there, took months to sort it out. There are a number of companies out there now that dont send invoices/shipping slips, and I wont deal with them period.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

there aren't too many viruses that erase files, they don't just run by themselves from a cd when you put that cd in the drive, and they can't erase data from a cd-r.

All the stories I hear about people losing things to viruses is because they took it to The Geek Squad or a low level IT company. Not meant to be a shot at you by any means... but no sense in someone reading that post and adding to all the virus myths that exist.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A much larger issue is worms............. Check into a hotel, connect to the net, unknowingly obtain a worm through the hotel server, plug in external storage devices and it's all crap from there. Not all that many people travel with a box full of cd-r's. Thumb and mini hard drives are more common now.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

I used cds because that was the example used.

Your example doesn't exactlty happen that much either. You are connecting to the hotel's router or access point. Not their server... in most cases on a completely different subnet.

Anyhow sorry for getting off topic.. I just hate when I read industry related bad info
Old 10-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Tired Old Man

No worries Jake.

In the past 12 months I've plugged into three different hotel chains that have blessed my laptops with a worm. That was in worldwide travel though. One was here in Ohio with the other two outside our shores.

Worst part is that Norton didn't catch it till after the fact and was a pain to remove. I've since changed from Norton to something a little more comprehensive.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:29 PM
qldviking

ORIGINAL: Jake Ruddy

there aren't too many viruses that erase files, they don't just run by themselves from a cd when you put that cd in the drive, and they can't erase data from a cd-r.

All the stories I hear about people losing things to viruses is because they took it to The Geek Squad or a low level IT company. Not meant to be a shot at you by any means... but no sense in someone reading that post and adding to all the virus myths that exist.

No, they just sit there till you load the cd again and wipe your puter all over again lots of fun NOT [:@]
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

This might be off-topic, but some states that have passed e-commerce tax laws are requiring a manifest/invoice with each order that originates from their state.

Personally, The only time I worry about an invoice is on large orders from Tower and Horizon. When I order, I usually order for about 5 people (who don't have debit cards/credit cards)... So the number of items can reach 100 or more.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Pat,
This is the first I have heard of this. Within the last few of months things have been so busy that my wife has started helping me with orders. I may have not made it enough of a priority to make sure she included the paper invoices. All you have to do is shoot me an email and I will drop one in the mail if it is important to you. It is certainly not something we left out on purpose. Normally we do send a paper copy of the order with our graphics. Just let me know if you want me to send you a copy.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Tired Old Man

No worry, I just wanted to give all the distributors a heads up on making sure they got everything done. A few other people pushed things into going into long winded business dissertations.

You still make the best darn graphics in the business.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Thanks a lot Pat, and I will be sure to include the invoice in the future!