Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Starting battery for Jetcat P-180

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Starting battery for Jetcat P-180

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting battery for Jetcat P-180

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

ORIGINAL: 3DHELINUT

I don't need more than visual range what i need is extended operating time.
OK I do not want to get into an arguement, but I am talking about range margin. In other words, ALL OTHER THINGS being equal, a higher TX pack votage (in my radio) will increase range, as well as burn through intentional or unitentional interference better as well.
Does anyone have any numbers on what 1.3 additional volts will do to the output strength of our radios? what is the amplification factor of the standard signal?
what is he operating voltage range of our radios.

Matt i am not trying to argue with you, i want to gather all the facts and go from there.

Alan..
Old 12-13-2005, 09:41 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Matt,

don't argue Alan, he will argue the oposite of what anyone says even if he is dead wrong ... it actually brings us hours of fun and entertainment arguing with him over at the LHS ...

Yes, more range. so in effect it will do nothing for 99% of us.

more power also = less susceptibility to external interference which may be infringing on the frequency used ...

now to really bust your balls Alan , you want to enlighten us on how flying a jet at speeds exceeding 200 mph may cause the radio system to act unpredictably because the plane is " moving away from the TX at too fast a speed sometimes"

Wojtek
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks for you input on this a while back Matt and your input about P-120 amp draw. We have a friend at the field that goes by Rarebear here on RCU, he independently verifyed, on the futaba9C at 12.5volts it increased output by 14%. I have been running a polyquest 3s1p on my 9C for a while now. Same great link. Anything that helps!~). Especially where we fly. Transmitter is lighter and that is great for me because I fly a lot!

Gary, thanks for the heads up on the duralite solution. I will be running a 4800 mah lithion from www.fromeco.org called peerless and 2 or their relion 2800s on receiver on my first jet. I'm very comfortable with lithium tech and look forward to trouble free flying.

Joe
Old 12-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Watch out! the Emotec has a very low discharge amp about 3. They are excellent for servos power box etc. Not turbine starters!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 AM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Might want to check with JR before you up the voltage in your transmitter. I have heard from a JR rep that they received a few 10X radios that quit working or had something wrong with them and it was found that they had Lithium batteries in them. I don't have any facts, just a thought before you go buying Lipo's for your TX. It would be interesting to hear what the manufacturer has to say about it!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Want extra long TX operating times ?-why not use a external 12 volt car battery -you could leave it on for a week and it would not go dead.........30 foot long coil cord - perfect mobility - we did it at Continental RPV. Works great !

Jackjet[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76759.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	371324  
Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Wojtek, I think Alan is going on information you gave him last year about sunspots and geothermal activity causing your large number of crashes. [sm=sunsmiley.gif]
ORIGINAL: wojtek

Matt,

don't argue Alan, he will argue the oposite of what anyone says even if he is dead wrong ... it actually brings us hours of fun and entertainment arguing with him over at the LHS ...

Yes, more range. so in effect it will do nothing for 99% of us.

more power also = less susceptibility to external interference which may be infringing on the frequency used ...

now to really bust your balls Alan , you want to enlighten us on how flying a jet at speeds exceeding 200 mph may cause the radio system to act unpredictably because the plane is " moving away from the TX at too fast a speed sometimes"

Wojtek
Old 12-17-2005, 11:30 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Though i never claimed a sunspot caused any of my crashes ... yea, solar storms definitely have potential to cause interference ... they can even knock out entire power grids ...

Wojtek