Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what's wrong with these people

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what's wrong with these people

ORIGINAL: Access

ORIGINAL: theRCreverend.
These egotistical goofballs are everywhere, seen many right here on RCU. I believe it's some degree of narcissistic personality disorder in most cases
NPD only accounts for about 1% of the general population, though in certain areas it can be as high as 3%. What you are seeing in most cases is just human nature. I see it in practically every hobby I am involved in. Immaturity, self-centered-ness, laziness in thought, conformity, in-the-box thinking, etc. Their stuff is always the best, the choices they make are always right, or at least more right than the choices someone else makes, their way of thinking and the way they view the world is not even worth questioning.
I agree 100% me and my cousin both have stock e-savages and he thinks his is way better just because it's his and if I ever brake a part on mine he'll be like I bet you wish you had mine and he knows nothing about rc's besides they have four wheels and go.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
1320Fastback

All of the "TOP" lipo "assemblers" used to use Enerland cells. Now only Polyquest and Enerland itself can use their cells.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1035583&page=3 they are still all made in china, just not assembled there.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i know what you mean.
im very happy with my cheap chinese $25 3s lipos. why should i spend $80 for a lipo when a $25 one give nearly the same performance?
not all of us that love the hobby can spend hundreds of dollars each month on rc. im lucky if i can spend $600 in a year! some people can drop that much to upgrade a single rc. doesnt mean that they have more fun than i do
we spend a easy 1000 a month plus travel expenses .... does that make us wrong? or bad? ... whats the deal with all you guys supporting the communist chinese by buying directly from them ie: hobbycity or hobbyking what ever it is. it has nothing to do with being egotistical .... and i suppose we are all bad if we ''olld school been at forever racers'' buy top of the line equipment, but we race on a larger level than just the local track .... if ya guys actually would support your LHS instead of china then they could afford to give great deal ..... this is a prime example of the problem with the hobby .. guys that don't really know much and think they know everything about everything ..... chinese crap is sub grade,sweat shop junk made by child slaves ... and for you info i have been known to ''give'' a racer thunderpower lipos or tekin bl motors cuz his off brand gave out ...

you took what i said all wrong. there is nothing wrong with spending gobs of money on RC stuff. i would if i had it. my problem is with people who do have the money to spend, and then look down on us poor guys who have to stretch our dollars. i would love to have a fully modded brushless revo, but i have to settle for a rusty vxl with chinese lipos. im not complaining, i have lots of fun with my rusty. but i dont like it if people who have tons of money look at my rusty like is a waste of money and only their mega expensive 1/8 truggy is worth running on the track. again, i would buy a wicked expensive truggy if i could. just dont like people who act like my rc stuff is stupid becuase it didnt cost a months pay.
i deal with several guys who spend hundreds every month on rc stuff, and they treat me like a equal, not like a guy who drives worthless crap. its all about ones attitude toward the hobby.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

i know what you mean.
im very happy with my cheap chinese $25 3s lipos. why should i spend $80 for a lipo when a $25 one give nearly the same performance?
not all of us that love the hobby can spend hundreds of dollars each month on rc. im lucky if i can spend $600 in a year! some people can drop that much to upgrade a single rc. doesnt mean that they have more fun than i do
we spend a easy 1000 a month plus travel expenses .... does that make us wrong? or bad? ... whats the deal with all you guys supporting the communist chinese by buying directly from them ie: hobbycity or hobbyking what ever it is. it has nothing to do with being egotistical .... and i suppose we are all bad if we ''olld school been at forever racers'' buy top of the line equipment, but we race on a larger level than just the local track .... if ya guys actually would support your LHS instead of china then they could afford to give great deal ..... this is a prime example of the problem with the hobby .. guys that don't really know much and think they know everything about everything ..... chinese crap is sub grade,sweat shop junk made by child slaves ... and for you info i have been known to ''give'' a racer thunderpower lipos or tekin bl motors cuz his off brand gave out ...

you took what i said all wrong. there is nothing wrong with spending gobs of money on RC stuff. i would if i had it. my problem is with people who do have the money to spend, and then look down on us poor guys who have to stretch our dollars. i would love to have a fully modded brushless revo, but i have to settle for a rusty vxl with chinese lipos. im not complaining, i have lots of fun with my rusty. but i dont like it if people who have tons of money look at my rusty like is a waste of money and only their mega expensive 1/8 truggy is worth running on the track. again, i would buy a wicked expensive truggy if i could. just dont like people who act like my rc stuff is stupid becuase it didnt cost a months pay.
i deal with several guys who spend hundreds every month on rc stuff, and they treat me like a equal, not like a guy who drives worthless crap. its all about ones attitude toward the hobby.
my bad sorry .... my post came off harsh and was out of line.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats ok, i can see where you got the wrong idea from my 1st post. i didnt word it very well.
we sure did spark off some heated disputes tho!
it must be awsome to travel to different RC events. here in maine, the RC scene is almost non-existant. there is one indoor track and a hobby shop, but they are new and most people i meet with my rusty vxl have no idea that the RC hobby has come so far. when people around here think of RC, they think of crappy walmart stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
MCSRacing

i got like 6 kids that i sort of sponsor and take racing, their parents are to busy to give the kids stuff to keep them off the streets and off drugs. that all my cost is keeping them in parts, but its very well worth the time and money to see them stay out of trouble.

again sorry nitrosportsandrunner i was out of line. .... it was fuel in a fire wasn't it LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: t-max97
I agree 100% me and my cousin both have stock e-savages and he thinks his is way better just because it's his and if I ever brake a part on mine he'll be like I bet you wish you had mine and he knows nothing about rc's besides they have four wheels and go.
There is another side to this, the 'my stuff just sucks' crowd. You know like the guy who shows up at the paintball game, can't play worth (#$* and then blames it on his gun, his pods, his uniform, his mask, etc. Or the racer who always blames his truck when in reality it's primarily his driving that is causing him to lose. The hunter who misses a shot, and then blames his rifle. The gamer who blames his computer or his internet connection / ISP for losing in a game. Photography, computer gaming, etc. Pleanty more examples I can think of. Even this is human nature, b'cos of the implication that all else being equal, he would win or beat you. It's just his lack of 'the best stuff' of 'gear' that makes him lose.

In reality when it comes to gear one of the general rules is 'diminishing returns'. For every additional $100. (or other arbitrary unit) spent on gear, the effect is less and less. Ie. the difference between a $200. and a $300. vehicle is generally going to be larger than the difference between a $600 and $700. vehicle. This goes for computers, cameras, guns, etc. honestly just about anything you buy in a store or online.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Access

There is another side to this, the 'my stuff just sucks' crowd. You know like the guy who shows up at the paintball game, can't play worth (#$* and then blames it on his gun, his pods, his uniform, his mask, etc. Or the racer who always blames his truck when in reality it's primarily his driving that is causing him to lose. The hunter who misses a shot, and then blames his rifle. The gamer who blames his computer or his internet connection / ISP for losing in a game. Photography, computer gaming, etc. Pleanty more examples I can think of. Even this is human nature, b'cos of the implication that all else being equal, he would win or beat you. It's just his lack of 'the best stuff' of 'gear' that makes him lose.

In reality when it comes to gear one of the general rules is 'diminishing returns'. For every additional $100. (or other arbitrary unit) spent on gear, the effect is less and less. Ie. the difference between a $200. and a $300. vehicle is generally going to be larger than the difference between a $600 and $700. vehicle. This goes for computers, cameras, guns, etc. honestly just about anything you buy in a store or online.
Exactly. I used to work in a minilab, processing customer photos and generally getting good results. But every so often, maybe 1 in 100 customers would have huge issues with the way their photos turned out. And it never failed, it was always my fault. Nevermind the fact that I checked my chemicals and control every morning and everything zeroed out. It had to be me or my equipment, because they were a "professional" with a "really expensive camera". Most of the time I could tell the photos were taken with a point and shoot with little or no manual options. One lady even had her thumb across the lens and tried saying it was my thumb, not hers. [&:]

In the RC world, I've met more than a few people who are visibly amused or even laugh at me when they find out that I run mostly stock Tamiya vehicles with silvercans on AM with NiCd stick packs. And I'm still on the old school battery connector too? UNBELIEVABLE. Heck for a while I even used a charger with a mechanical timer.

I just want to bash, I don't care about anodized aluminum or winning races. The best thing to do when they start squawking is just smile and nod.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

In the RC world, I've met more than a few people who are visibly amused or even laugh at me when they find out that I run mostly stock Tamiya vehicles with silvercans on AM with NiCd stick packs. And I'm still on the old school battery connector too? UNBELIEVABLE. Heck for a while I even used a charger with a mechanical timer.

I just want to bash, I don't care about anodized aluminum or winning races. The best thing to do when they start squawking is just smile and nod.
OMGZ YOU STILL USE STOCK TAMIYA PRODUCTS

j/k
that silver can kicks ass got mine hooked to a blue XL-5(needed waterproof and my receiver has no BEC so the stock ESC was a nono my nephew uses the 101bk though fine) and it has no issues getting my buggy going
I treat my DF-02 like a submarine more than a buggy
Old 03-09-2010, 03:22 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: samguan

we should end this discussion. It's not going to go anywhere. I should not have even started this.

Anyways, I'm not saying buying top of the line is not good. When it comes to electronics like TV/Computer, I only buy high end brands.

But it's about those people who buy high end brands and think all other brands are crap and criticize people for buying them.
What if I told you my 500 dollar cheap component ocmputer cna outperform yours? It obviously doesn't and that statement usually spurs people who go on the defense.

And FYI to the person who said no one who uses brand name stuff has used hobby city, I HAVE. However in my race truck the current hobbycity stuff doesn't even come close to my thunderpower 5000 mah 50c battery in terms of performance and heat.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
FieroMan121

lol your all a bunch of tools if you ask me, who gives a flying crap if you saved a buck or you have a big name on your esc, buy what you want.

i do and have no regrets, i race an srt with t4's, i bought a sledgehammer and made it waterproof for way more than the price of a new slash. i did the 17mm/ buggywing conversion on my pede months before the whole "backslash" craze made 17mm adapters a common thing.

DO WHAT YOU WANT, DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK, DONT BE A MINDLESS ZOMBIE
Old 03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Tjettzky

ORIGINAL: breezerboat

we should end this discussion. It's not going to go anywhere. I should not have even started this.

Anyways, I'm not saying buying top of the line is not good. When it comes to electronics like TV/Computer, I only buy high end brands.

But it's about those people who buy high end brands and think all other brands are crap and criticize people for buying them.
I bet you don't enjoy watching TV on your high end Tv any more than a guy on his low end TV either.
I die a little on the inside when I have to watch someone else's Low-Def TV...
Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow good reading.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Tjettzky

ORIGINAL: breezerboat

I bet you don't enjoy watching TV on your high end Tv any more than a guy on his low end TV either.
I die a little on the inside when I have to watch someone else's Low-Def TV...
lol. I was thinking the same thing. If you can tell the difference, it makes a difference.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 PM
andybenton

personally speeking, i say if youve got the money to get novak, castle, tekin, ta05s, and team losi go for it. if not make due with what youve got.

i recently got a traxxas slash 2wd on a trade, i race it with some buddys all stock of course on my own track. i win id say close to 60% of the time agaisnt another slash and 3 sc10s.
we all use lipos and i run a cheap chinese winforce pack. 15/4000 mah. and i generaly get close to the same runtimes as every one else with 5000+ mah name brand packs.

ive got no qualms with exspensive rc stuff. and iv got no problem with cheap stuff. ive got an all balsa jet boat that i have 45 dollars invested in for electronics and 15 bucks for balsa... and i have more fun with it than i do with most of my other rcs including some aquacraft boats and losi buggys.

ive even got a cheap hobbyking 2.4 ghz radio. the orange and black one. and its great. works just as good as my spectrum dx

so use what you got and drive it like you stole it and have a monster good time with it.

just be happy i say
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
kochj

just happened apon this ..............

Funny thing is....The Post "Title" is argumentive..

Why not start a thread...." I want to get Fired up, and have a pissing contest!!"

LOLOLOL '
Funny smit....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
McWolf_101

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">In my opinion, and I see it's also the opinion of a few others, buy what you want and cann afford and just focus on enjoying yourself with it. Buy the necessary upgrades as you go along, and continue to enjoy yourself. Whether it's made in America or in China, if it does the job that it's supposed to do, then it works. Simple. Truth is, most products are manufactured in China, regardless of whether the company is American or Chinese. At the end of the day, as I've said before, buy what you want and can afford, and just enjoy yourself. </span></span>
Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
rcslsafut

i got like 6 kids that i sort of sponsor and take racing, their parents are to busy to give the kids stuff to keep them off the streets and off drugs. that all my cost is keeping them in parts, but its very well worth the time and money to see them stay out of trouble.

man, that is soooo cool!!!
i mean it !!!!!!!! we need more poeple like you in this world !!!!!
that is one of the most selfless things i have heard of in a while!!!!!!
keep up the good work !!!!!!! this world would be a lot better place if someone
would just take the time to spend with kids like you do.

as far as the my stuff is better than your's or the attitude there of (the original post) . i have several different brand's
of r/c's .i buy what i can afford !! i keep it practical for the most part.(little bling not much).
i dont care to keep up with the jones's!!!! i enjoy this hobby more than any other that i have tryed!!!
if you or any body else has to prove that your stuff is better than mine , IT PROBABLY IS ,GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
i have fun with my stuff THATS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

My favorite personal story is that I have a Losi 8ight and a Hotbodies D8 I race in 1/8th Nitro Buggy class. When I bring out the D8, since it's not Losi and "what everyone else runs", I get dirty looks until I start spanking them around the track with my $259 roller, $200 motor and a few hundred in servos. Compared to some others' Losi's, they have well over $1500 in theirs. Point? The gratifying look on my face when I'm spanking their asses using my $259 roller by HPI. I could do a Mastercard "priceless" thing here but I'll refrain.

IMO, if you like it and it fits your budget, run the hell out of it. Who cares what brand it is. The people that are caught up in name brands usually do that to compensate for some other void in their life. (small ***** complex perhaps?)

I buy inexpensive things, like $25 servos on occasion from dominique here on RCU and they work DAMN fine. I've seen people use the cheapest parts available and beat the hell out of the "big boys" at the track and I always give them that reassuring nod as if to say "I'm impressed with your inexpensive setup and driving skills, good job!"

Enough ranting...I'm going to go find something cheap to buy.

Regards,

Rob
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
dittch
Banned

I see alot of these people on the internet and in my local hobby shop too. They think they have the top of the line machines and think other people's are junks. This guy had a fully modded Savage and he was showing off to me..

...you know I have about $1700 into this truck, everything is top of line.. you see this... you see that...

and then there are people who 100% believe what you pay is what you get and criticize people for buying cheap Chinese stuff and be very proud of themselves. In some cases when the cheap stuff overperform their expensive stuff, they just can't accept the fact and still say they have the best stuff

I totally agreed with what you pay is what you get. But not everyone needs top of the line and have the money.

I just can’t take these people
Totally agreed.

I have run into people on RCU that think their **** doesn't stink. They think they're experts on every subject. They go to the most rediculous extents in a pathetic attempt to prove they are right, all in the name of their big ego, even going as far as to post pictures of their race trophies as if that proves they are an expert on the topic at hand. It's a damn shame. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Run what you have, enjoy it, it's a hobby [8D]
Old 03-10-2010, 04:19 AM
yesurprise888

A lot of things are made in China while sold in American.I love to buy via Chinese onlineshop, cheap and reasonable and they perform well.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 AM
johndavis

is there a rc truck totally built in america?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 AM
stonehinge
My Feedback: (4)

If we dont support the Chinee where is the US Government going to borrow its money?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
savagecommander

its my experience the people who throw money at things and then brag about how much "better" they are were not spanked as a child. they've developed some kind of complex about having to have or be the best, and to them whatever is the most expensive is the best. we could get into off brand walmart discussions all day, but when it comes down to it, a machine is only as good as its operator.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

Guess what ? you find them on flyingfields too, they lost there objectiv this being a HOBBY and think everything has to be professional.
And then all that Hi Dollar stuff and traveling for a cheap Bowling Trophy ?
I think there is nothing you can do and have to step away and go for having Fun with the affordable stuff like i do.
Have a great hobby Guys that's what it is all about
Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.