Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Hare 88" EDGE 540. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:10 AM
ENZ5573
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi MudbugnTX...
He has a DLE-55 in it. after talking with him,He did some research and speaking to the guy he got the plane from..That plane seems to stall very easy,and i think thats what happen. i fly giant scale warbirds and never has that happened to me.It is crazy! i come in slower with a 30lb warbird and no problem!
And yeah, sucks the same happen to you! sorry to hear that.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:16 PM
FlipSideFlyer
My Feedback: (58)

Oh boy, it’s beginning to sound like the numbers are finally beginning to come up for lowly little Wild Hare Edge-540T. I wish I could help with spare parts, but I sold the one spare cowl I had years ago.

The good news; however, is that this plane is one of the easiest planes to repair than I’ve run during the past umpteen years. For example, my little Edge hit a drainage culvert during an engine-out approach and, like several others, it took out the gear and broke off the nose.

Being careful to pick up all the pieces (no matter how small), I pulled the covering from the wing tube forward and went to work splicing and dicing. A few doublers here and there; a new gear platform; a small repair to the bottom of the cowl and some new covering and it was back in the air.

Yes, it’s a little heavier but still flies great. In fact, it’s my go-to airplane whenever the wind here in Kansas is gusting over 20 and is blowing 90 degrees to the runway. I’ve since put another hundred or so flights on this plane.

Bottom line: treat your friend to a nice lunch or ballgame and encourage him to just set that damaged plane aside. Don’t pitch it yet, but instead queue it up for repair when the weather is too nasty to play. Heck, he may even let you join in the fun of putting it back together again! Just my two cents worth.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:25 PM
rcflysrc
My Feedback: (3)

Areo-beez had a knock off of the edge. I have one and have been keeping it flying. Older Wild hare parts do fit, I have wings and tail parts left over.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM
MudbugnTX

I have a cowling that will need repainting and to be cut for engine and muffler. It was new and never used. It just had a blemish from the factory. I also have a complete canopy hatch which needs hinges mounted to it. I have both wings with no damage if anyone is interested. I can take pictures and send to those interested.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
ENZ5573
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by MudbugnTX
I have a cowling that will need repainting and to be cut for engine and muffler. It was new and never used. It just had a blemish from the factory. I also have a complete canopy hatch which needs hinges mounted to it. I have both wings with no damage if anyone is interested. I can take pictures and send to those interested.
HI, I would be interested in the parts
Thanks,Vincent
Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM
MudbugnTX

Hey Vincent. How does $125 plus shipping sound for all the parts? PM me your email if interested.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:18 PM
bamaflier

what a new in the box one of these be worth? i bought two of these back in like 2004 give or take a year or two. one is still in the box. i think it may be missing the wheel pants but im not sure. other one is sitting there with a DA 50 in it.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:57 AM
FlipSideFlyer

Originally Posted by bamaflier
what a new in the box one of these be worth? i bought two of these back in like 2004 give or take a year or two. one is still in the box. i think it may be missing the wheel pants but im not sure. other one is sitting there with a DA 50 in it.
I've had two of these 28-30% Wild Hare Edge 540's and have enjoyed them both. Although they are a tad on the heavy side, that's to be expected...mainly because they are stoutly built and hold up well to abuse. Unfortunately I've "over abused" both of mine and currently have a handful of parts available (search RCU ads). My guess is that the kits would be worth between $275 - $350 to folks familiar with the plane. They really fly well with either a DA50 or G-62...just remember to reinforce the landing gear platform!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 AM
bamaflier

that what i figured. I would just be better off to keep the kit for when my other one wears out.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:43 PM
rcboone2000

Could anyone tell me where the 88 inch w/h edge balances much guess is at the front of the wing tube.
I picked the plane up crashed and rebuild it
Old 09-21-2016, 01:39 PM
FlipSideFlyer

Originally Posted by rcboone2000
Could anyone tell me where the 88 inch w/h edge balances much guess is at the front of the wing tube.
I picked the plane up crashed and rebuild it
The Wild Hare Edge 540T Assembly Manual shows 4.25" to 5" behind the leading edge (measured near the fuselage). I use to fly mine set at the 4.25" location and it flew great, but then again, I'm not into 3-D. Chances are it could be teased closer to 4". Hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:40 PM
rcboone2000

Thank you the guy that crashed the plane had it balanced at 6.50 in or on the front of the tube no wonder it snapped on landing
Old 09-22-2016, 02:03 PM
FlipSideFlyer

Originally Posted by rcboone2000
Thank you the guy that crashed the plane had it balanced at 6.50 in or on the front of the tube no wonder it snapped on landing
I've got a bunch of parts left from my previous two WH Edge 540T that I'll try to post for sale later today.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:59 PM
rcboone2000

Originally Posted by FlipSideFlyer
I've got a bunch of parts left from my previous two WH Edge 540T that I'll try to post for sale later today.
What all do u have