Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F-100

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F-100

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 235 Likes on 122 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F-100

instead of CA.. why not use something that was meant to hold bearings in place... like green loctite?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anton. Since you posted the pic of the intake going in from the rear of the front section. Which is a no ****ter BUT now show us how you put the wing bolts in with ALL of it put together to include fuel tanks and inlet since the acces to this is behind the fuel tanks.

PUT ALL OF IT TOGETHER AND SHOW US A VIDIEO OF YOU DOING THIS. Don't just put half of it together. ALL OF IT!!!

I'm a very seasoned builder so your not going to make me look like it's my first day out of the house.

respectfully submitted,
Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
DEVILDOG

Future items will include pictures to show "THE PROOF" (IF YOU WILL) and a very detailed disciption of the problem since some are taken things out of perspective. These problem areas to include

The tail pipe original mounting issue
speed brake problem
cockpit wont work as from manufacturer (you could jam it in but my way is how it is to be.)
nose gear mont will more than likely break within the first few flights since the back of the mounting plate is only about 3/16 wide.
wing mounting issue.
and I haven't even gotten to the wings yet.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
DEVILDOG

invertmast. Read the entire post. I stated that I'm not really going to do that I have turned some collars to secure everything together.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM
DEVILDOG

And for the record.

I have flew with BV standing directly next to me and have had good a friendship with him and his compnay.
Every thing that I have ever mentioned about Bob and BVM Jets has been 110% positive and I know that he knows that.

This will probably cause some greef, but this product has some very serious and possibly dangerous problems.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
DEVILDOG

Invertmast made me think of another good point about "why dont you use green loc-tite instead of ca?". Myself as mentioned above am making something to fix the problem at hand.

BUT "WHAT IF" some averag joe decided that he got too much money for x-mas and decided to get one of these. Yea he probably shouldn't but he wants one and can.

One side of the bearing housing took the bearings pretty good and stayed in. the other side was too big and the bearing would just fall out. So I proceeded with the above to fix the problem including making the hole smaller.

BUT "what if" o'l average Joe's kit had the bearing housing that both sides just snapped in and stayed. and he did nothing further to keep them in. There would be a problem in the near future!!!

This is why a manual needs to be written to give exact details of how a full flying stab needs to be put together. These are extremely fast and potentially dangerous planes we're flying. A full flying stab has tremendous amounts of force put on it and needs to be engineered and written in the manual for assymbly

You cant sell these things to anyone with out the knowledge of the amount of force is put on a model jet. but you can!!!

I may seem like an ass hole but I'm also 110% correct on this matter Davids Reeds and guys like him have the capability to build great and structurally sound aircraft, but there are more guys in the jet comunity that don't make the right building decisions than there are who make the correct ones.

I've built numerous BVM jets and have learned what I'll call the correct way to build jets. Close tolerances and attention to detail is as important as putting in your wing bolts.

Unfortunately everyone can purchase a jet that does not have detailed instructions to keep things together.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76557.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1475137  
Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Scott, did you ever tried to just return it or was that a no-no?
I understand your frustration, but I believe in the end you will have a great model.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

looking at the bearing blocks. if the bearing blocks faced each other where the bearing can not fall out, would that not be the proper way to mount them. they probably would require shimming to get them perfect, but they would never fall out, nor would they require a collar. as for wing bolts, i am not sure how skymaster holds them secure, but aviation design has them accesable through the inner gear doors. i would think that would be doable since the fuel tanks would not be in the way. just thinking, barry
Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 PM
DEVILDOG

Falcon wings. I had the kit for quit a while before I started it. But no I didn't try to return it.

U2fast I think you have a point there. I believe now that they were put in from the factory incorrectly. Shimming will not be a problem just a little time. This I will do, GREAT CALL!!!!!!

The stabs need to be held on with more than the control horn in my opinion. How are yours held in place? See these could still slip on the control horn.
I think I might look at adding a set screw drilled in a 1/16th or so. That would be better. ANY IDEAS??

Thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 235 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: DEVILDOG

Falcon wings. I had the kit for quit a while before I started it. But no I didn't try to return it.

U2fast I think you have a point there. I believe now that they were put in from the factory incorrectly. Shimming will not be a problem just a little time. This I will do, GREAT CALL!!!!!!

The stabs need to be held on with more than the control horn in my opinion. How are yours held in place? See these could still slip on the control horn.
I think I might look at adding a set screw drilled in a 1/16th or so. That would be better. ANY IDEAS??

Thanks
Every full-flying stab i have seen was held on my a set screw in the control arm and then had a mating indentation in the pivot arm for the set screw to seat into for a positive location.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:33 PM
DEVILDOG

After looking at Antons picture that he attached on the first page. My bearing blocks are in wrong from the factory. They should be pointing at each other like u2fast mentioned.

Stone after stone this just keeps getting better.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
DEVILDOG

I have turned my blocks around. That was fun!!!! they were put on the bulk head at the factory then the bulk head glued in.

here is a picture with both horns forward to the bulk head (look Hard) now look at the stabs. This is how far they are off.

Anton showed me pictures so I'm going to be as detailed to prove my point and to rebutal.

Name:	Ec87515.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1475330  
Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bummer, i thought it looked like the flat spots were not symetrical in an earlier pic. i am sure anton will take care of this. my experience with skymaster in the past has been a positive one. i am drooling over that t33 too. also, the inlet clearly goes in when the fuse is broke down. sounds like the issue with the inlet and tanks is really the wing bolts. you may try the wheel well or the tab sticking outside the fuse and the bolts come in from the underside of the wing. i hate to see all the mods to get her where she needs to be, but it looks like it will be a hit when you get her there. barry
Old 07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Hey SCOTT:
i still have this great shot

Name:	Tr49614.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1475403  
Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 AM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Anton. Since you posted the pic of the intake going in from the rear of the front section. Which is a no ****ter BUT now show us how you put the wing bolts in with ALL of it put together to include fuel tanks and inlet since the acces to this is behind the fuel tanks.

PUT ALL OF IT TOGETHER AND SHOW US A VIDIEO OF YOU DOING THIS. Don't just put half of it together. ALL OF IT!!!

I'm a very seasoned builder so your not going to make me look like it's my first day out of the house.

respectfully submitted,
Dear SIr,

About bearing mount. We find out one side is wrongly installed by a worker.We’ll reinforce quality control specially on bearing mount for all future deliveries. We also apologize for inconvenience caused by shortness of manual contents.

If you are not satisfied with the quality, we are willing to replace the kit with new one. If you can fix it, we will send the parts for replacement as your need, and we’ll send you a EV5U to make up your time in fixing issues. We’ll sort out where points are at the shortest time and make your F-100 take off soonest.

I apologise for these problems,

Best regards

Anton
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if I ever buy another Skymaster Jet I will deal with Anton direct. I had a lot of design problems with a 1/6.5 F-86 and Jeff was no help, He would not answer e-mails on the though questions. So it left a bad taste in my mouth towards Skymaster Jets. George
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

f you are not satisfied with the quality, we are willing to replace the kit with new one. If you can fix it, we will send the parts for replacement as your need, and we’ll send you a EV5U to make up your time in fixing issues. We’ll sort out where points are at the shortest time and make your F-100 take off soonest.
Wow, you can't argue with that! Its a shame you've had so many problems with your F100, I've built lots of SM kits now all have required a little modification but no more than the other ARF's out there , less in fact. Not that it helps you at the moment I know but perhaps the new kit will be much better if you decide to go for that.

Cheers, Alex
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: pilot tw

respectfully submitted,
Dear SIr,

About bearing mount. We find out one side is wrongly installed by a worker.We’ll reinforce quality control specially on bearing mount for all future deliveries. We also apologize for inconvenience caused by shortness of manual contents.

If you are not satisfied with the quality, we are willing to replace the kit with new one. If you can fix it, we will send the parts for replacement as your need, and we’ll send you a EV5U to make up your time in fixing issues. We’ll sort out where points are at the shortest time and make your F-100 take off soonest.

I apologise for these problems,

Best regards

Anton

Nice gesture Anton!!

Spence
Old 07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
DEVILDOG

Anton. Yes, what a nice gesture. I have evry problem pretty much figured out how I'm going to fix them.

I will however take you up on the UP5. Could you send the teflon bushings for the stab assymbly also?
I would like another canopy( the clear part ) if possible. Mine was installed in the canopy frame and there is red marker on them that I can't get off. The frame will be painted but the clear part was installed at the factory which I don't think was supposed to happen on the white version.

WHO DA MAN (Dave) Thanks for posting that AWFUL picture of me !!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:28 PM
DEVILDOG

Aquaskiman.

I agree. When I purchased the aircraft Jeff was happy to take my calls, but now I have called him and E-mailed him. He has not answered me back.

I'll just move onto a company that I have less problems with.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
RC International

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: "Arial","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Scott.

I sent you an email yesterday when you asked about getting a clear canopy and Teflon bushings.

I contacted Skymaster to have them send the parts to you ASAP

Did you not receive my email?

</p></span></p>
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM
WhoDaMan

Anton. Yes, what a nice gesture. I have evry problem pretty much figured out how I'm going to fix them.

I will however take you up on the UP5. Could you send the teflon bushings for the stab assymbly also?
I would like another canopy( the clear part ) if possible. Mine was installed in the canopy frame and there is red marker on them that I can't get off. The frame will be painted but the clear part was installed at the factory which I don't think was supposed to happen on the white version.

WHO DA MAN (Dave) Thanks for posting that AWFUL picture of me !!!!!!
Whatcha talkin about that's my stud picture on my wall

Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
DEVILDOG

Jeff. No I did not get an e-mail from you which is suprising since you have always took care of things in the past.

Who Da Man (Dave) Yea you got that hangin on your wall!!!!! Probably in the DART BOARD room!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
WhoDaMan

Jeff. No I did not get an e-mail from you which is suprising since you have always took care of things in the past.

Who Da Man (Dave) Yea you got that hangin on your wall!!!!! Probably in the DART BOARD room!!!!
LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 08:22 AM
DEVILDOG

Anton ( and smaze17) The geture is nice but what will giveing me another F-100 kit do for me? The wing bolts would still be accessed behind the fuel tanks etc etc.
The only thing that I might need if I can't get them to throw the same because of the geometry would be a new set of stabs that have the horn spots in the same locations.

That's why I'll just keep mine. I don't see where I''ll have anything different.

Respectfully submitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.