Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Are you concerned about dangling aileron leads?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Are you concerned about dangling aileron leads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:54 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you concerned about dangling aileron leads?

If you want to use an "EZ" type connector look around for the ones that have a threaded post that goes through the servo arm. I think I got mine from Hobby Lobby at one of the trade shows. That way you can back the mounting post with a nut to make sure it doesn't come off. To eliminate having the pushrod pull out of the connector itself, tap the sleeve of the connector with a 2-56 (or whatever size rod you are using) tap. Now, THREAD the EZ connector on to the pushrod to the appropriate point, use the set screw to lock it in position and then install it to the servo arm. If the set screw vibrates loose, the pushrod is threaded to the connector and will stay were you put it.
I agree that the other connectors on the market are much stronger but if you want to use a EZ connector this is a much safer way to do it.