Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo Fun Aerobatics?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo Fun Aerobatics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 11:47 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Piccolo Fun Aerobatics?

Brother #2 (there are 3 of us who fly Piccolos) started out with a piccoboard. No HH module. It worked quite well. He can hover, but not much more than that. Recently he let the magic smoke out. Rather than replacing the entire board, I talked him into seperates. I went seperates from the start. Brother #1 started later than the 2 of us, and he saw how much better my heli behaved with the GY240 setup, so he started seperates also. (using MY gy240!!)
This is what we got for brother #2:
CSM HLG200 HH gyro $90
2 pixie7P ESC $35 each
So for $160, he got a well behaved HH setup. And if anything goes wrong with any piece, it can be replaced cheaply.
He does not have enough stick time on the new setup to tell you how much better it behaves. I tried his CSM on my heli first (I HAD to test it out, didn't I? :-) I liked the way it behaved, but I did not have much time to get a good feel for it. He came over and we had to put it into HIS heli!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Ukmaxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so $160 would be........around £90 well at least its not £700 pounds ($1,234.18 calculated it myself) i got my piccolo today but my mother said not until xmas day oh well not long really anyway thx vince for you service.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Banished Outside

UKmaxi,

Good luck with your first flights, I'm probably the same level as Vince (hovering indoors and out) and I'm self taught from July, just one warning rotor blades make nasty marks on wood work ;-)

Steve
Old 12-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Ukmaxi

thx for the advice but i do not think i will catch anything as i am not flying it near anywood workbut just one question In the collective pitich version you need a extra servo what does the collective pitch allow you to control that a fixed pitch does not?
Old 12-22-2003, 04:06 PM
smokingcrater

just one warning rotor blades make nasty marks on wood work
and if you run cut blades they make nasty marks on skin also! I have a scar about 3 inches long on my forearm that I'm still waiting to heal. nothing serious, about the same as a cat scratch, but it could be worse... with a stock setup running into yourself won't be nearly as painful.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:40 PM
novetec

piccolos for sale a fun and a pro both have never been flown for 525$ even with transmitter email questions to [email protected]
Old 12-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Ukmaxi

I know sit and watch my piccolo stranded on the round because the lack of instructions
Old 12-27-2003, 06:26 AM
Ukmaxi

Hurey! finally my piccolo is up and running again
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90566.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	85417