Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

still having body roll problems sank it 4 times PLEASE MORE HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

still having body roll problems sank it 4 times PLEASE MORE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
wayneuk01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: still having body roll problems sank it 4 times PLEASE MORE HELP

Get a straight length or rule place it on the underside of your hull if it sits flat and flush with your hull no hook if u can see gaps that could be your problem..if any one can expalin better please feel free to do so... some boats are designed with a bit off hook apparently

The pic below is a crap hull i got from nimriff/pip

Heres a video of my friend terrys OLD one

[sm=47_47.gif][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9aAAu9K0k]48v forabuck [/link][sm=47_47.gif]
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wayneuk01

got more hook than Abu Hamza
LMAO.....nyuk-nyuk....,to check if you hull is "hooked", lay a straight edge steel ruler along the bottom of the hull...dont lay it flat but with the edge,if you see light coming from any area under this edge,it is an imperfection in the hull,and it can usually be found from the transom up to 24" forward,check different area's,along the keel,in-between the strakes,and along the chines....verns 45-48" hulls were rather notorious for this defect as the molds he used were more than likely "wore out",but he did make some new molds,of which your 51" is a product thereof,but no-one has mentioned any issues with them (so far)...yours is the first,if it is indeed "hooked",one way it was resolved with the other hulls was to eliminate the tabs alltogether,and/or raise them to like 1/16"+ above the bottom of the hull and tweaked very sparingly.....let us know how it turns out after you check it....[:-] and what i mean by resolved is that it was "runable" but still a bit "squirrely"....lol....[:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
wayneuk01

he he he was it your old 48 thats a flower pot or was it no good for that in the end either?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM
mopartybob

.....uhhhh......flower pot....??? LOL.....yea,it still is, I was going to send it to mart,but decided to keep him as a friend,rather an enemy....lol.....
Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
wayneuk01

Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 AM
mopartybob

i'm sure now that i mentioned his name ...martno,martno,martno,.....he'll pop in like beetlejuice.....lol......
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

.....uhhhh......flower pot....??? LOL.....yea,it still is, I was going to send it to mart,but decided to keep him as a friend,rather an enemy....lol.....
Bob allways room for a new flower pot haha,i know Gary Pope managed to get his sorted by removing the tabs i believe,not sure what else he did but he said they ran ok in the end.Maybe he can share his secret with you guys so you can get yours running .
Mart
Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
martno1fan

i'm sure now that i mentioned his name ...martno,martno,martno,.....he'll pop in like beetlejuice.....lol......
YOU SAW ME ONLINE DIDNT YOU .
mart
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
jwblocal701

i should just sell it on ebay and buy a shockwave SS be easier
Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM
wayneuk01

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Bob allways room for a new flower pot haha,i know Gary Pope managed to get his sorted by removing the tabs i believe,not sure what else he did but he said they ran ok in the end.Maybe he can share his secret with you guys so you can get yours running .
Mart

Gary got his sorted alright..... He got rid of it and run the sigma from dave neeless to say he was the champion !! Get a feeling he would not of got the same results with his cobra or any cobra i seen one run well & thats garys old one that kurts got
Old 03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
jwblocal701

What pisses me off is i spent the last 2 years building this little parts here and there now over 1500 dollars later its crap
Maybe the right side is to sticky on the bottom what if i put sum butter on the bottom make it slide a little beter in the water??

IM JOKING
Old 03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
jwblocal701

i might get the Manta Ray hull from WHH if i can swing it pass the wife
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
martno1fan

That sucks mate sorry you got duped into buying it,just goes to show looks are decieving .Wayne i agree Gary wouldnt have had the same results but he did tell me the cobras were running well although nothing like the sigma but then again what does .
Mart
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
jwblocal701

so even hook would make it want to turn over on its side??? Like i haev been saying its not pulling or anything but literally likeyour just holding the prop and its flipping over??
so if it has hook how do u fix it if no hook or very little then what.. There really has to be some way to make it stay right side up
Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
mopartybob

did you check the hull yet??? if it is hooked,still no need to....over-react...lol....pull the tabs off,plug those holes,lower that strut,and give it another try....if it don't work out,mart needs a flower pot...,as for the wifey,wweeeelllll,just say you would like something faster and classier,that reminds you of her...or something to that effect......, DON'T even think proboat,as you WILL find yourself doin ALOT more than you've done in the last two years.....lol.....[:@] been there,done that,with my 55ss.......great sport boat after all the work,I've gps'd mine at 51.7 mph,[:-]but NO race boat.......
Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
mopartybob

try putting a small plastic bottled water,on the right side,and se if that helps,if your COG is way off,it will do also as you describe,hell,if it takes two bottles do it,just find what it takes from the listed possible solutions and report back......don't give up the ship...just yet....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:30 PM
jwblocal701

ill do all that when i get home laer check everything
i aslo put it online to sell if i do im buying one from WHH
Old 03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: jwblocal701

so even hook would make it want to turn over on its side??? Like i haev been saying its not pulling or anything but literally likeyour just holding the prop and its flipping over??
so if it has hook how do u fix it if no hook or very little then what.. There really has to be some way to make it stay right side up
if it has a bad hook on the left side,near the transom,that side will be "sucked down"basically.....are you sure it's going down on the LEFT SIDE (exhaust side)????
Old 03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
jwblocal701

i meant the right side carb side goes down left exhaust side goes up
Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Slow Motion

JW, are you for real? Post #1 you said exh. side was going down. 43 replies of help later, you say the carb side is going down. Most of us know what's causing that, but I for one won't bother. Do some research.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:05 PM
glennb2006

Try the things I sent you on the message I sent. And the things others have mentioned, there will be some work needed but it is most likely do-able.

Glenn
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: jwblocal701

i meant the right side carb side goes down left exhaust side goes up
[:@] DOHHH [:@], THAT changes a few things.......,we're now talkin prop torque/steer........,first,be sure your prop is SHARPENED !!! and BAA-LANCED,(sorry,don't mean to yell),but this IS very impotent,what size prop are you currently runnin? IF your SURE your prop is at it's best, then you might want to go with one that has a lesser pitch....next,as mentioned before,if your trim tabs are mounted below the hull,(where they make contact with the hull)you then need to raise them to at least 1/16" above the bottom,and raise the ends that are away from the boat,up,about 1/8",next,shim your strut apprx.2* to the left,you can do this by clipping a small 1/16 thick washer in half,loosen your strut,and insert them top/bottom on the RIGHT side,and retighten,and see how she goes,if you still have this problem,bend the starboard tab down 1/8",leaving the left tab NEUTRAL,retest,if it still does it,get a smaller prop,if it still does it,strip it all down completely,send mart the hull, and get a new hull.....jk..lol...also you must be sure your rudders are straight/aligned FORWARD.....whew....[:-]
Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: Slow Motion

JW, are you for real? Post #1 you said exh. side was going down. 43 replies of help later, you say the carb side is going down. Most of us know what's causing that, but I for one won't bother. Do some research.
lol,normally I would'nt have (bothered) either,[:-] but for now,i'm outta here.....[8D]
Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
jwblocal701

sorry bout the confusion ill do that when i get home the trim tabe are mounted about 1/8 inch above the bottom of the boat
I had octura Y567 and now a Prather 270 no diffrence in either as far as shimming it i know what a strut is but mine is seprate pieces so shim the prop or the rudders?? Im using the WHH SPD setup so its not a 1 peice strut with rudders and prop mount all together . So shim the prop so its angled to the exhaust side

SORR for all the confusion im just getting so pisseed especially since i keep fishing for it every time it sinks

Ill do all this when i get home for sure
Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
patriktegelberg

Put som floatation in it, that will fix the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.