Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Yea new fuel line and linkages seem ok but ill have another check before i run it.Havent run it since i changed to the bag setup.
Mart
Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I much prefer the bags, a whole lot less to go wrong, replace them once a year & no wrrying about water in the tank, breather valves, or cap leaks. all you need is a fuel pump.

Now Back to Nooh's nice hydro. Wish I could take a sicky to go run my boats, but I won't be running my boats for 3 weeks at least. & I'm all ready feeling the itch. I can't see how you northern hemisphere guys deal with frozen winters!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 AM
nooh

ORIGINAL: geodehunter

Nooh, Grats on the build!!! Don't forget to get some suntan lotion for your driver. [sm=biggrin.gif]
thanks geodehunter but when I can find a helmet and racesuit to fit Roger (the driver) he won't get any skin cancer, mmmm He might get killed in a crash but the Sun won't get him

dicko m8. too busy at work to take a sickie.. We have the Ladies Queensland open golf Championships on for the next few days.. Hubba Hubba.

Mart m8,, I got a little teething troubles to m8 even before I hit the water. still hoping tomorrow will get to launch her..

Henry.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 AM
martno1fan

Ive done my elbow in so unless my mate comes with me on Thursday i wont be able to start the dam thing lol.Trying to get him into boats so its a good excuse to get him to come down and check it out and find out what its all about.Might even let him have a drive [X(] once ive had a play of course.Will get some video and hopefully if all goes well and shes up to speed ill get a gps reading.
Mart
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 PM
martno1fan

Is it wet yet? is it is it ?.
Mart
Old 04-30-2009, 03:14 AM
nooh

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Is it wet yet? is it is it ?.
Mart
Been a busy week at work m8 but tomorrow its early day, got the boat ready, batterys charged, can't wait m8..
Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 AM
martno1fan

No worries mate good luck with it your going to love it .
Mart
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
nooh

Finally in the water, only been in the water a few minutes when the video was taken,, She went great,, not fast but ran well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnnXWtwBM9g

Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

WooHoo it's wet, well done mate. A bit of fine tuning and tweeking and it will fly.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
nooh

ORIGINAL: STEVE MARSHALL

WooHoo it's wet, well done mate. A bit of fine tuning and tweeking and it will fly.

Thanks Steve, had a busy week at work but finally got to run her, like you say m8 still needs fine tuning and tweeking but she ran great. Like your woody m8 its great to see them wet after all the time you put into the building of them hey.

Take care m8. Henry.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:52 AM
martno1fan

Nice one Henry she runs well,from what i can see shes running nose up which says to me drop the strut 1/16" this will raise the transome and the nose will be down which is the angle you want which will hold her on the water and also allow the prop to loosen up too.My prop has 1-2% down angle and seems to be about right even in chop.Do it 1/16" at a time till shes running faster,but for a first run that was very nice mate.Was that minus the ridepads? if so when you install those the strut will need dropping again as they cause lots of lift at the nose.
Mart
Old 05-02-2009, 03:27 AM
nooh

Oi Mart

I set the strut at 7/8 inch as what the book said and when I first launched it, it ploughed big time, think the 1 liter fuel bag in front was just a bit too much weight so I took out half the fuel and it ran great as in the video ??????????? Will put back the 500ml bag I had in it first up and see how she's goes, I did drop the strut 1/8 inch so maybe need a little more, will see.

All in the tweaking m8.. Thanks for the advice too m8.

ps.. still no ride pads on her but they are coming..

Take care m8... Henry.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:02 AM
martno1fan

I ran a 20oz tank up front in mine so i dont think the bag was the problem,they will plough at launch if not carefull.I usually just drop mine in with her nose up a tad and she takes off fine that way.As you say just keep tweaking it you will get there,cant remember what prop your running?.Also im asuming your running her a tad rich been a new motor so that will make a big difference once you get her tuned in etc.What distance do you have from exhaust flange measuring round header to widest part of pipe?.Shes def running well so dont change too much till you get the motor dialed in and the best tuned length on your pipe etc.Basicly just keep tweaking and have fun [sm=thumbs_up.gif].
Mart
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 AM
martno1fan

Just had another look at your bag placement if i were you id bring it back a bit so its almost touching the pull start.I just measured my depth and shes bang on 9/16 measuring from bottom of boat to bottom of flex tube not strut.
Mart
Old 05-02-2009, 05:04 PM
nooh

I am going to put back the 500ml bag I had in it the first time that will help, After she ploughed a few times in the beginning I was starting to get a bit worried but after reading the book and it said to lower the strut a bit which I did and she went great still need to add a bit more idle at take off that will help even more.. As for the prop its the one from my Rio,, its the grim 3 blade one what ever number it is ???? its ok for now still I need to build up my prop collection starting to get more boats than props

Henry..
Old 05-02-2009, 11:23 PM
foodstick

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

AH MAN !! it is so awesome to see it run.

I think the scale speed looks right, great job on that boat, I wish I wasn't buried in projects now.. Because I would have to order one, maybe next year, assuming I get this years work done!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 AM
nooh

Thanks m8, I had fun building her now im going to have fun running her. And m8 you won't be sorry getting one of these boats, so hurry up and finish your other projects and get one like i said you won't be sorry you did.

Take care.. Henry..
Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 AM
martno1fan

Henry theres you problem there your running a prop off a vee with very little lift see rounded tips!!,you need a hydro prop with lift,i run the 6717/3 from dasboata and my mate runs the same on his glass t boat i built with the rcmk i suggest you order one its the racers edge prop just ask him and tell him what its for you will be amazed what difference it makes.
Mart
my prop
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54115.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1191078  
Old 05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
nooh

Prop with lift.. Sorry m8 still learning about props, Did manage to find this one in my whole prop collection ( um 4 ) its the 7016/3 so will try that one.

Im running with Danny (Sonic Racing) and Tony (Viperhulls) and a few other R C Universe Members from here tomorrow at a lake here at Carbrook so will be asking them lots of questions thats for sure. Like I say m8 I need to build up my prop collection as I go along. Thanks for the advice m8 and will let you know how this prop goes,, Also will post pics of tomorrows run..

Take care m8 and thanks.

Henry.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nooh

After peeling my epoxies pages apart I have found pages 36 and 37.

LOL !!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
martno1fan

Hi Henry you will have to borrow a few props from them see what works best,the 7016/3 can be hard to spin from what ive read but it may be a good prop for your combo but you wont know untill you try .But if you get a chance try the 6717/3 from dasboata in its stock form just balanced etc it really is a great prop.Usually when run on monos they remove the tips a bit and remove any lift from them .
Mart
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Jamming

Henry, I noticed that your rudder is starboard side and mart has his on the port, I also mounted mine on the port side. Just curious about the differnce.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
martno1fan

It wont make much difference if any ,if you notice on the glass hydro i built i mounted it on the other side and it runs great and tracks straight etc.I know Joe at zippkits said the idea of it on the port side is to counter any drag from the fin etc but ive spoken to a few guys who have them on the starboard side and they say they noticed no difference.I know Don Ferrette, hope is pelt that right changed his rudder over on his and told me it made no noticable difference.
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29467.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1191187  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Jamming

Ahh ! Good news Indeed, I was afraid you where going to say starboard side is better, One more question, The radio box is a very nice set-up, But i am a bit concerned about mounting my servos on wood, Did you use the wood set-up shown in the book or did you get some aluminum mounts for inside the box. I am thinking about fabing my own mounts out of aluminum. I did install the wood blocks in the radio box with epoxy and its seems strong, But i am a bit worried about time and vibration and thinking about making some small aluminum supports for extra safety. What are you thoughts ?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
martno1fan

Spot on mate i used home made ali mounts for the servos,i also didnt like the flimsy lid so i added a stronger lip and used a plexiglass lid,in fact the lip and lid were plexiglass and it makes the tape stick better and i can see inside which i like .I used plywood blocks epoxied into the box to screw the mounts to.
Mart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.