Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Troybuiltmodels Problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Troybuiltmodels Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troybuiltmodels Problem

As a former mail order/ retail hobby shop manager of 14 years I fully understand that many of you as business owners/ mangers have your own requirements for new and overseas customers; but these are your requirements to protect yourselfs and not your customers; the CC compaines protect customers from fraud not suppliers. A phone or internet order to any business should not require anything more than the three diget security code along with declairing if the mailing address is differant than the shipping address and the exact name on the CC. We are not allowed to use our own personal cards for company business supplies; so any person using our companies supplied CC like I use to buy supplies for work will always have a differnat shipping than billing address. I'm sorry but were I work we are just not going to jump through a lot of hoops to spend 60 dollars since we can get supplies elsewhere without having to do so.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:29 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hooker53

Thanks guys. Good to know on this forum there's folks smart enough to dig and see I was not being political here.
Jeez, hooker!

I really enjoy your posts almost all of the time but...

This time you were not only being political, but you were incorrect as well.

The reason vendors are starting to require us to provide more information is to help prevent credit card fraud...which makes things more difficult for all of us.

The present, past, and future administrations have NOTHING to do with it.

edit...
BTW, I apologize for being rude in a previous post...no call for that, either.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

rjbob, Many apologoes ahead of time if you took the word "Administration" as Ref to a puplic office. If you did as little as 75/100 CC Transactions either way a day with the NEW underlaying Gov reform laws recently set forth, one would see that it's not a "Good thing Bad thing" but more Gov intervention (because of the CC themselves) that makes it differenlty difficult in order to protect both sides of the transaction and all involved. No need to apolgize on your behalf and hope you are having a great 4th up your way!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent Gary an e-mail over 10 days ago ....still no reply.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Was this on a Jet?? You wanted shipping cost???? I have to wait for packing to pack it than goes to shipping to get weighed. Than they call the shipping company to get a quote. I have to say that SOMETIMES This (TO ME) Takes WAY to Long!! But there is nothing I can do. I have sent you a quote via email. If you have not received it let me know. Send me a email at TBM. [email protected] If it goes ANYWHERE ELSE, I will NOT get it!! I answer ALL emails, But there are some that I can NOT answer, SO I send them to the person who can. The past two weeks TBM has laid off 4 people. So things have been CRAZY!! PLEASE SEND ME A EMAIL!! NOW, I WILL TELL YOU THAT I WILL BE IN TUESDAY AND OUT THE REST OF THE WEEK, FOR KENTUCKY JETS. If ANY of you will be there look me up. Gerry
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 AM
kochj

I have sent emails to the main line before about an issue, and never heard back.
Sent emails to mike D. zdz engines, and Mike Dooley sent email out right away!...

FOr general TBM stuff, don't bother with there general email line....Call them.....

Mike D. on the other hand has always GOne out of his way to do great things...
ALways answers his emails and gets things done to support the ZDZ moki line of engines.

same approach, 2-different results.

emails are great, but the phone is still the best way to get things done with most companies...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 AM
gjhinshaw

Everyone, I'm not Yelling at anyone. Just trying to get the point across. Hope you understand?? Please accept my Apology....
Old 07-05-2010, 09:21 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well one thing about this hobby is that you don't have to buy from someone who doesn't meet your needs. If you have already purchased something and haven't got some of the parts then you deffinitely have a legitimate complaint and TBM needs to, and from my experience, will address it - but you need to call them if they are not anwereing your emial. Whose fault, yours?, thiers? - who knows-but untll you call them you will never know.

For the rest of us we don't have to buy from them if they don't send us a quote in what we consider a timely manner. Heck we can probably find someone else that will sell stuff to us for a lot more money and doesn't support the hobby the way that TBM does. It's our choice. As for me, I think they do a pretty good job and I will continue to go to them when they have products that I need.

Your TBM guys enjoy Kentucky Jets.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:22 AM
hooker53

Me-I'm just waiting for a good deal in a DV8R or one that someone has Bunged up that I can rebuild. Had to get that in there!!! Ha. Sri. If some of you would take a look, Gerry is hanging right in here trying to get things straightened out. Don't see how you could be MORE ready and willing then that. I myself at times depending on what the problem's i'm having of late, considered EMail the primary mode of communications (because i'm very hearing impaired) but you can't rely on emails on some things. Hope you all had a Great 4th.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I dont think it helps anyone when you air your dirt here in the posts.call them send a registerd letter or whatever it takes but this type of open criticism is never good.

you get stupid comments like its nobodys fault but the administrations credit reform.I sincerely he was just making levity but you have knuckleheads that believe that garabe and this web isnt suppose to make any of those comments anyway.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
gjhinshaw

OK... All.... I have been thinking on this, A LOT!!! I think most if not ALL of you are sending emails to [email protected] ... RIGHT???? OK... Here is a Idea... send the email to me! [email protected] I will answer them and cc you where I send it to. I can't help in Customer Problems, BUT I can make SURE you get a email back letting you know that it was looked at and redirected. I am trying to help!! PLEASE Bare with me on getting things resolved and sent out. REMEMBER, I will be in Tuesday July 6 Only than will be at Kentucky Jets. I will Return next Tuesday July 13. This is what I have came up with to try to Help.... I may get Fired by doing this, BUT Customers need answers!! Gerry
Old 07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

I dont think it helps anyone when you air your dirt here in the posts.call them send a registerd letter or whatever it takes but this type of open criticism is never good.

you get stupid comments like its nobodys fault but the administrations credit reform.I sincerely he was just making levity but you have knuckleheads that believe that garabe and this web isnt suppose to make any of those comments anyway.
I disagree. Not saying this applies to TBM, but I have seen, on many occasions here, that when a customer was wronged and felt he had no other recourse, he will sometimes air out the issue here on R/C U. Then, the manufacturer/dealer/whomever, is embarrassed into action and the customer receives the service/goods he was after. So you certainly cannot truthfully make a blanket statement like "I dont think it helps anyone when you air your dirt here in the posts". Sometimes it does not help, but then sometimes it helps a LOT!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
weddowickh

Hi .

I have been contacted by Gerry and problems will be fixed

Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

oi
that got too long

if you can aford a jet

you can aford a call

here ya go

Phone Hours: 9am-6pm Eastern

Phone: (941)342-8685

I disagree Woketman!

it helps only when : you have use all your options!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99846.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1463413  
Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, but some of the options for us may not be options for everyone (due to distance, cost, etc.).
Old 07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I agree, but some of the options for us may not be options for everyone (due to distance, cost, etc.).

case solved man ..lets go flying
Old 07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Nitro-Tom

for what it's worth, I totally understand both sides here....having been a former merchant, there is nothing worse than being robbed of good money you work way too hard to earn....and you take all the risk on each retail transaction for a modent gain in profit.....it can really hurt when you get even one beat you....may take 5 or 10 sales to make up for just that one loss......

and from the customer side, I have ordered from TBM a couple of times.......delt with someone I can't remember and Gene.....all occations were outstanding......great value, products as advertised.....support help resolve one issue, and I had both items I needed in terms of support after the sale taken care of right away......I think one was even via email [X(]

Of course I would call for these tyopes of issues, especially if I were out of the country....

And I find many times the vendor is unresponsive there is a good reason.....such as when I was emailing PA for my new Extra......the entire company was at SEFF for the show.....

I am sure TBM will take care of you......Hope everyone had a good Forth!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM
hooker53

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

ORIGINAL: Woketman

case solved man ..lets go flying
Best thing I'v heard all day!!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
albsurfer

ORIGINAL: rjbob

It's really not TBM's or any of the other company's fault. It's the present administrations New Credit card Reform.
Now that's an intelligent statement...or not.

Robert J. Edison
Anchorage
If it weren't for the greatly overly-lax financial policies of the previous administration, including housing, we wouldn't have as big of a problem as this. BUT.. the last 20 years have seen EVERYONE in power loosening things up to try to keep the USA on top. It didn't work. So... now due to unemployment and lack of jobs, ALL BUSINESSES have to be tighter on credit. There are people out there misrepresenting income and not caring about it, even in this hobby.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
esacco
My Feedback: (30)

TBM treated me well. I needed to return an item and they did it with no issues at all.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
gjhinshaw

I AGREE!!! Kentucky Jets is OPEN!!!! Lets all go FLY!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM
hooker53

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I'll be traveling there tomorrow, be on the ground Wednesday to cover the event for RCU!!!

See you all there

Ken
Old 07-06-2010, 08:05 AM
gjhinshaw

Ken, Look me up!!! I will be the one with the Stuka... Hitec stuff also.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:06 PM
weddowickh

Hi again.

Nothing has happent yet !

<span class="short_text" id="result_box"><span closure_uid_o9csru="65" wc="Hvor lang til synes dere det skulle ha tatt for å fikse dette problemet" xc="How long to you think it would have taken to fix this problem" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6ecf9; COLOR: #000"><font size="2">How long to you think it would have taken to fix this problem ?</font></span></span>
There was also damage to the plane when I get it..

And what are normaly done when there is damage ??

I wil try to post some pictures..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.