Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

DD Tail Mount.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

DD Tail Mount.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:05 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DD Tail Mount.

no I fly mostley in doors......would the lightend heading hold gyro work for me at heelihobby? My problem isnt really bad now....I can get it to hover in the air but then little by little the tail creaps right....I am not good enough to correct this while it is in the air yet htough.. I tend to lose alltitude when I do or I lose controll...whichever comes first.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:32 AM
RickyT63

I can get it to hover in the air but then little by little the tail creaps right...
With tail facing you and it's turning to the right (head turns left) ? On my jabo with stock board & DD tail, it's the opposite!
I used to have same issue of controlling too. Either I lost altitude & crashed or lost control & crashed!
Dont give up, Justin. Keep on practicing. it will eventually get to you real soon. If you can hook up Tx to FMS, it would help getting hand-eye cordination.

Regards
Old 04-16-2004, 11:37 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

i have a flight sim but no cord to connect my tx to pc. I am excpecting my dd to arrive today. cant wait to get the bad boy in the air again. I have stopped braking landing gear every time I fly now though. Now its every 3 times I fly I break them lol. I am alot better then my buddy is whith his aerohawk though. He put the duct fan on and it wont leave the ground now dues to unballanced and when he ballences it he has to add weight to it and its too heavy lol. he is going to a plain dd style like mine soon though.l
Old 04-16-2004, 03:01 PM
BENZITO

Ricktran which one did you buy from aeromicro? There are so many choices ??
Old 04-16-2004, 07:00 PM
BENZITO

Thanks for the info Antrock I got the motor and the props coming to do a reverse cooling system that you have. What is it that you used to hold the motor in place? Thanks
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 PM
mdttb
My Feedback: (4)

check out this [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217927]thread[/link]
Old 04-16-2004, 09:05 PM
BENZITO

LOl i didnt realize it was you making them I need 2 as you can see in my post,Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 01:09 AM
RickyT63

Benzito,
Are you asking about HH gyro? If so, I havent bought it yet. Just gather all info and save up $$$.
BTW, I'm gunning for Futaba GY240 or CSM G200.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:56 AM
BENZITO

No but thanks I was inquiring about the dd setup . You have all been very helpful
Old 04-17-2004, 09:13 AM
RickyT63

Benzito,
Oh,ok.[8D]
You can buy DD tail motor/blades from most shops for ~$11.00. Part# GWS EDP 50XC.
For DD tail mount you can get from Mdttb's link above. (I really like his design).
Old 04-19-2004, 11:49 AM
antrock

Benzito,
go to this link and towards the bottom you will se a post with the part # and drill bit sizes http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t...light=mcmaster.

i also drilled small holes on each side and used set screws instead of CA. and a hole all the way through so i can place a graphite rod so the tail blades do not hit the ground on a rough landing. also be careful not to use too much ca on the blade or it will creap into the motor and i am sure you know what happens from there.
good luck.