Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 02:33 PM
bigbadbowtie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel

I talked to a service rep for Sig.... the ONLY difference between their Champion car fuel and the Plane fuel is the bottle they put it in.

Sig fuel is by far is the best fuel I have ever ran!!
Old 05-01-2003, 04:40 PM
perculator

Default fuel

Get this...

I call my LHS that deals with planes to ask them about Sigs fuel... He says its by special order only. Then I ask him what type of plane fuel he has and what blend it is... He said something like Bennet's fuel or something....

Anyways I ask him about running it in my RC car and he said "no way, they put all kinds of extra stuff in that fuel for planes, you cant use it in your car."

"Why not?" I asked... "What do they put in it?"

The dude replies "They put heat dissipators in there and anti foaming agents and stuff.... its not for cars, you can run plane fuel in a car"

Is this guy right? Why would those things hurt my RC car? methinks he likes selling car fuel for double the money.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:05 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default fuel

Originally posted by perculator
Get this...

I call my LHS that deals with planes to ask them about Sigs fuel... He says its by special order only. Then I ask him what type of plane fuel he has and what blend it is... He said something like Bennet's fuel or something....

Anyways I ask him about running it in my RC car and he said "no way, they put all kinds of extra stuff in that fuel for planes, you cant use it in your car."

"Why not?" I asked... "What do they put in it?"

The dude replies "They put heat dissipators in there and anti foaming agents and stuff.... its not for cars, you can run plane fuel in a car"

Is this guy right? Why would those things hurt my RC car? methinks he likes selling car fuel for double the money.

So what fuel was he talking about???? It sounds like hes just trying to make money. Bigbadbowtie already mentioned that sigs fuels are the same except the bottle that they put them in, straight from a sig rep. Im running sig and its never gave me any problems and my engines last soooo long with it. anti foaming agents have nothing to do with it, since they are used in car blend aswell.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:10 PM
perculator

Default fuel

Well I am about to go get some Airplane fuel for my new Sirio engine. All I need is a reason not to.

Would it still be a good idea to use break in fuel while I am breaking in my new Sirio? it has not been run yet.