Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Liquid Cooled TRX 2.5R

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Mattosan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liquid Cooled TRX 2.5R

Im not sure I see the point of this. You're taking an air cooled RC engine, a design that works well, and adding a load of stuff like, tubing, a radiator, a pump, water etc even though
We know how important weight and weight distribution are to an RC car's performance.
As you mentioned the set up as you have it doesnt work because the radiator isnt efffective enough to cool the water sufficiently so you add a fan to add further air cooling to cool all the aforementioned parts that you put on there in the first place!
If this is just a way of passing the time then fair enough, but I have a request. When youve cracked this one could you turn your attention to the age old RC mystery of how to make a working hamster powered truck? All you have to do is figure out a way to hook up an excercise wheel to the drive train and youre away! You could even stuff two hamsters in there to effectively double your HP (hamster power)! Now what nitro engine can boast such a capability? Then if youre still feeling lucky you might see if you can possibly get a bigger wheel in there and use a guinea pig. I reckon those little fellas could really move given the right diet.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:50 PM
t-maxx11689

ya i go to a tech school and i deal with thermostats...and a furnace has something called a fan limit switch...when the heat exanchger...witch would be your radiator heats up to a preset temp the fan comes on.....if you have a switch like anywhere on the truck....and you have the power wires goin to the fan....and a heat sensing bulb the would complete the power circuit..then i gusse that would work...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Rob6

Do me a favor........
Get a bag of sand and pour all of it in to the engine and turn it over. Thats all your doing is KILLING that poor poor TRX 2.5...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Timmahh
Banned

been milling this over for a few myself.... aluminum CP water cooling radiator, with an ADJUSTABLE RPM fan. copper tube to further help disipate heat.. electric Perry Pumps to move water to and from.. last a seperate battery pack for pumps and Adjustable fan, if its to cool turn fan rpms down, turn up as it gets warmer.... could work, would add weight.
praticallity dont matter, its a modders world anyways.. and forget the neysayers. if Bill Gates said " your all right, this windows thing will NEVER WORK.. I'm Done" then we d all be doing this with a pen and a piece of paper and waisting fuel money on stamps....
Go for it, i am..
Timmahh
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Mattosan

You're forgetting Bill Gates had Apples operating System as a precursor. He was only copying what already existed, worked and made sense....
....This doesnt really make sense.