Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

New backyard (grass) truck / car suggestion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New backyard (grass) truck / car suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:07 PM
mini-dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New backyard (grass) truck / car suggestion

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

a 5000 mah lipo will run longer than a 5000 mah nimh.

Since NiMH packs can, and often are, run until the pack dies (using entire mAh capacity)AND LiPO packs can NOT (as it will ruin the pack) your statement seems not only grossly inaccurate, but entirely wrong.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Access

Actually, if properly rated, the capacity rating for either pack is to the point of the cutoff voltage, typically 0.9V for NIMH and 3.0V for LiPo. While the NIMH can be ran beyond that, by the time it hits 0.9V per cell, there isn't much energy left to get out of it.

In practice, the LiPo typically does have more useful capacity b'cos of lower internal resistance (better voltage hold-up, hence better overall power delivery) and things like that. Fourwheels0 was alluding probably to that. I've had cases where a 4800mAH LiPo gives me more than twice the runtime (to the cutoff) than a 3300mAH NIMH.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:51 AM
matello
My Feedback: (1)

The rustler is running stock. Not sure about speed, but it was quite fast.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM
gonzo74

Hi Matello,

Thanks for your test results. I certainly like the Rustler too and 10-15 run time on grass would be okay. Did you have a problem with wheelies?

For me personally, top speed won't be an issue. Does anybody have a tire/gear combination that would give me more torque but perhaps keep everything a little cooler?

Thanks ahead of time!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:42 AM
matello

No problem withe wheelies, but I think bigger tires may make a difference in overall handling (maybe?).