Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Can I go from micro 3d to giant scale 3d directly?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Can I go from micro 3d to giant scale 3d directly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I go from micro 3d to giant scale 3d directly?

if you have enough money to affort it, go for it, there is no better thing to fly giants.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you can afford to why not... there is just too much experience to gain from starting out small in the 40 size glow 3d then slowly graduating to a 60, or 1.20 size 3d birds ....there is big difference when comparing a couple hundred dollar foamy to a several thousand dollar giant gasser ... Setting up a couple of 3D glow planes will give you the experience you need to set up a giant.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:04 AM
q8cub

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

if you can afford to why not... there is just too much experience to gain from starting out small in the 40 size glow 3d then slowly graduating to a 60, or 1.20 size 3d birds ....there is big difference when comparing a couple hundred dollar foamy to a several thousand dollar giant gasser ... Setting up a couple of 3D glow planes will give you the experience you need to set up a giant.
I have 20+ experience in building and flying nitro models. The latest was a decathlon with os 70 four stroke. I do aerobatics but never been into 3d. I trained myself on a simulator lately, for many months, doing all 3d stuff. It was a challenge for me to do the torque roll, and now I can do it "automatically" on a simulator, with almost endless rolls. The last 3d move I mastered, on a simulator, was an inverted harrier.

The ultimate 3d flying skill in my opinion, is "doing it naturally without thinking about it" as one should be able to apply natural reflexes to move the model in any direction with good sensitive throttle management.

So, are you referring specifically to 3d .40-1.2 size models, or nitro .40-1.2 size models in general?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
q8cub

The more I fly this little baby, the more I love it. I am gaining more confidence everytime I fly this little 3d machine.

Flew it outdoors today with windpeed of up to 12 km/hr (around 8 Mile/hr), and still flew beautifully, although I could not hover it vertically in the wind. I did hover it against the wind with a 60 degree angle facing the wind and it can stand there for as long as you keep it. It could even do rollier harries with tail wind!

I still did not torque roll it as it seems it might need a little more power. It falls quickly from a vertical position.