Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nitro tuning question

Probably an allen key in the center of the end cap just like mine.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
rc awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 378

If you see bubbles your plug isn't quite tight. Give it another 1/8 of a turn. Some dirt accumulation is normal there but bubbles mean it's leaking compression.

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Mostly its just the tuning for me. I don't touch computers. Peroid. For me it's just look at distributer make sure there's no arking, check distrb wires, check spark plugs. If that don't work take it to the auto mechanic</p>
Yeah I'm the same way. I want to get rid of the EEC-IV on my Ford and replace it with either an Accel 300, Duraspark II or MSD 6AL. Obviously I'd fit a hall effect distributor with vacuum and secondary advance, as the EEC-IV distributor is 100% electronic.
Which is why the EEC IV sucks IMO
<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 378

If you see bubbles your plug isn't quite tight. Give it another 1/8 of a turn. Some dirt accumulation is normal there but bubbles mean it's leaking compression.

Mostly its just the tuning for me. I don't touch computers. Peroid. For me it's just look at distributer make sure there's no arking, check distrb wires, check spark plugs. If that don't work take it to the auto mechanic</p>
Yeah I'm the same way. I want to get rid of the EEC-IV on my Ford and replace it with either an Accel 300, Duraspark II or MSD 6AL. Obviously I'd fit a hall effect distributor with vacuum and secondary advance, as the EEC-IV distributor is 100% electronic.
Which is why the EEC IV sucks IMO
<br type=''_moz'' />
Nah. If it worked it'd be fine, it's just igniting a bone stock high mileage straight six. It's not like there's much demand on such an engine's ignition system.

The thing is half the time it forgets it's sole role in life and decides base timing works when trying to pull 5500 pounds up a steep hill at 1400RPM . When the advance works it pulls it fine, when the computer goes stupid it 'bout stalls it loses so much power. Then when the computer remembers what it's supposed to be doing it 'bout brains me on the back window when the power kicks back in.