Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Show me your Ramps!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM
N-4-Speeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show me your Ramps!

Y'all have some big ramps. Do you use different wood for the sides? I went to Home Depot and couldn't figure out how to build one... Anybody got tips for a non mechanically inclined person?
Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 PM
calvino

for the sides 1/2" ply would do nicely, get some thin (1/8") masonite, pressboard stuff, and use that for the jump, cut the angle of the jump out of the ply, make 2 of these, then use the thin wood to make the "ramp part" of the jump, nail it in with tin nails so you don't crack the heck out of the wood (or better yet, use screws), make a simple brace at the bottom out of a piece of ply ripped down to size, you may opt to put on some crapppy latex paint and really coarse builders sand (making a bright line down the center for ease of view), and pull out the car, and have fun
Old 05-24-2008, 10:56 PM
TheTruckingGuru

I have a couple of hand built jumps as well. I find them fun to make (I used to make them for skateboarding) and I can choose the size and angle. Of course the one piece plastic jumps are great to. They are very light, durable, weatherproof, and easy to transport to your favorite bash spot. I have that cheap one linked up; I have used my RC18B on it but it's more suited to Micros. It works descent for an Losi Micro or Mini Z. I can barely hit the jump using a 1/18th car and if I hit it wrong well[] I would consider buying plastic jumps if you store them outside and take them with you to bash sites.