Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Cannister ready 50cc Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cannister ready 50cc Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:55 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cannister ready 50cc Aircraft

Are you expecting to pour an assembled, sorted, and tested plane out of the packaging? This is about as easy an installation as you will find.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3943599]HERE[/link] is a more difficult installation. The plane was NOT designed for a cannister, but was modified to accept it. This is quite simple with a bit of fabrication.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:08 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you had followed my cannister installtion threads you will see that I have already heavily modified a CML/Jamara 330L and a QQ Yak 85" to both take cannisters, I am not above doing some work, but if a plane is designed to take a cannister it ought to be addressed proply, have a look at the new QQ 86" Yak, you push the cannister in from the front job done, no cutting, no making up of supports they are already installed.

So what I am looking for is a difinitive list of those aircraft that have been purpose designed to accept what is an estential piece of equipment to enable us to keep our flying fields and stop polluting the atmosphere.

Mike
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Current information is:

Hanger 9 Extra 260
BME 330L ( not available in Europe)
QQ Yak 86"
Aeroworks Extra 260
Wilhare Sukhoi, Extra, Edge, manual says they are cannister ready, but difficult to verify due to generic photographs in the manual.
Composite ARF 2.1M Extra, 2x2 Extra, these look very interesting.
Aerotech Yak 54

I have down loaded all the manuals of the above and verified that a full cannister can be fitted except as stated above.

Mike
Are these the only one's ?

Mike
Old 12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
PepsiMike

The SD Models Extra 260 is suited for cannister installation... no extra cutting required (only the covering on bottom of fuse).

Page 19 of the manual shows the entrance under engine torque box. Page 15 has more pics but some are of the Yak, the 260

is similar. (I have one unassembled... I'll get to it.)
Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Both the EF Yak and EF Extra are cannister ready
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 AM
IShootSharpStix
My Feedback: (4)

From my experience I would disagree with the EF 88 inch YAK being 'canister' ready. Pipe ready? absolutely! Canister ready? Not really. Both the MTW and KS 50cc canisters make physical contact with the landing gear plate and the top of the tunnel. There is zero clearance. I would think this would lead to two things, neither of which are good. First, charring the wood in contact with the can, and second, physical damage to the can itself. Not really an ideal situation.