Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:36 PM
fourtogo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to everbody I work in the aircraft biz 35yrs . I have been a life long boater, fishing sailing sking a love all things that go fast. I just retired from Dragbike Racing after 15yrs . I got in to Dirt Oval Gokarting after a layoff of many years. I bought my first Rc 1 1/2yrs ago it was Quad Copter and bought two more . Thought a boat would fun to, now Have three of those with another on the way. It always looked fun, Wow really is FUN!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FRONT PAGE OF PRESS-TELEGRAM.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	2065062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victorville Kart.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	963.1 KB
ID:	2065068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc Boat.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	2065069   Click image for larger version

Name:	SEA FIRE RC BOAT.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	431.1 KB
ID:	2065070  

Last edited by fourtogo; 01-18-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: photo
Old 12-21-2015, 11:17 AM
EricG

Hello everyone!! I'm new to the site and returning to nitro/gas RC boats after being away for many years. My name is Eric, I'm 31 years old and have been married for 4 years. We also have a beautiful daughter! I work as a Deputy Sheriff here in Texas and have been blessed to do so for the past 8 years. I'm really excited about getting back into boats and am wanting to experiment with both gas and nitro. I had a few small cookie cutter nitros before but am wanting to get into bigger power. I look forward to talking with everyone here and hopefully meeting some of yall! The boat section of this site is truly awesome!!
Old 12-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Eric, good to have new blood on the site.
I was arrested in Texas once (long story, no charges) before your were born.
I usta race 7.5 K&B outboard tunnel hull F-1 boats when I lived in Ca., I would get into it again but there are no clubs here in N. Nevada.
Carlos Murphy
(Chuck)
Old 12-21-2015, 06:08 PM
EricG

Thank you, it's great to be here!! I'd love to find a near-by club in Austin or something. Oh and I think most of us have been there We usually fly to Vegas once a year but this past year we took a road trip from here to L.A. and then drove to Vegas. The views along the highway in Nevada were spectacular. This road trip was the first time I really saw mountains and been in that kind of elevation. It was really amazing to see the difference in landscape.

Eric
Old 12-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Carlos Murphy

Originally Posted by EricG
Thank you, it's great to be here!! I'd love to find a near-by club in Austin or something. Oh and I think most of us have been there We usually fly to Vegas once a year but this past year we took a road trip from here to L.A. and then drove to Vegas. The views along the highway in Nevada were spectacular. This road trip was the first time I really saw mountains and been in that kind of elevation. It was really amazing to see the difference in landscape.

Eric
Sent you a PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:53 PM
EricG

Originally Posted by Carlos Murphy
Sent you a PM.
I PM'd you back
Old 11-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Erroll

This is an interesting spot. I'm 85 as of a few months ago. Born and raised on the Maine coast I have a life long love for boats. Just completed from scratch my first model of Dad's 33 foot lobster fishing boat. I'm also a novice at running a computer so I don't know how to do much in the line of posting pictures or whatever. Now I'm starting the same boat in a bigger size to do R/C. Wondering if I'm beyond my capabilities so I may be crying for help from some of you with more expertise.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Erroll
This is an interesting spot. I'm 85 as of a few months ago. Born and raised on the Maine coast I have a life long love for boats. Just completed from scratch my first model of Dad's 33 foot lobster fishing boat. I'm also a novice at running a computer so I don't know how to do much in the line of posting pictures or whatever. Now I'm starting the same boat in a bigger size to do R/C. Wondering if I'm beyond my capabilities so I may be crying for help from some of you with more expertise.
Welcome aboard!! Look forward to seeing your build!

Matt
Old 12-26-2016, 12:58 PM
jd267
My Feedback: (2)

My name is John Defusco I'm 33 , I'm a marine mechanic and own my own business. I have been in large scale rc for over 20 years , baja , losi 5T I ran Trevor simpson motors , obr , Scott Finley, RCMAX, Alx , enforcer boats when tony owned it , I just got back into boats about a year about and I'm having a blast building engines and boats !! I run and race poker runs with my Baja outlaw real boat and always been a boat lover , real and rc !
Old 03-13-2017, 04:32 PM
rosemead

Hi my name is Simon from Sydney. Been playing with big boats all my life and my son just bought an RC - cant believe how much fun these things are. If you're interested there is a video at this link of our little boat (all the details are in the video description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgnfyeI1Zo
Old 03-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Erroll

I enjoyed your video. That thing looks like it is really moving. I don't have the skills so far to add pictures but I'm building from scratch. Finished my experimental dry model and now have the keel pretty well ready for the second. Actually this one is a larger edition of the first. It's a Downeast Maine lobster fishing boat. She'll be about 49 inches long with about 12 inch beam . I hope to have this one seaworthy. I welcome suggestions as to the electric power plant I might use. Just want her to move well but need not set any speed records.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:52 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum Simon and great job with the video. Be careful - RC can be addictive!!

Originally Posted by rosemead
Hi my name is Simon from Sydney. Been playing with big boats all my life and my son just bought an RC - cant believe how much fun these things are. If you're interested there is a video at this link of our little boat (all the details are in the video description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgnfyeI1Zo
Old 08-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Jaymanaa@lak

Originally Posted by blizard05
My name is Larry Bleakley, 76 yrs old, started boating when I was 12,real and model. Lived on the South shore of MA all my life,never more than 10 min from the water. I now have RC sail boats, FE boats scale boats and gas boats.
I've always lived on water of some sort. It started because I have Lab dogs and they need to swim every day, then I got into RC Nitro boats, yeehaw. I'm 56 and retired from Local 533 pipefitters in Kansas City about a year ago. I really like working on the boats and motors. I sure wish I knew more about the motors. Jeesh, I used to overhaul 1200 HP centrifugal AC compressors, but can't get these little motors figured out.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Jaymanaa@lak

Originally Posted by Ledet
My name is Lance Ledet lived in Houma La. all of my life I am 43 years old was a diesel machine for 10 years now I am a charter fishing guide for the last 15 years. I have been drooling over rc magazines sense I was a kid. Started flying at the age of 32 and was in it big time until 2005 when my dad past away life changed and did not have the time. Now I am getting back into it again and have an interest in boats witch is the only thing in rc I have not tried (flew plains, hellis, and fooled around cars). I missed the hobby!
Is that big old fish Nitro, or electric power?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Ledet

Nitro!!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:58 AM
lilejamson

Hi my name is Lile I am new here nice to meet you all
Old 10-18-2017, 09:27 PM
liamlogan

I am Eden Harel love to join here as I am working as a sales manager at Saysal where many electronic gadgets are discoverable in easy manner.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:54 AM
djnumberone

human
Old 08-29-2019, 08:09 PM
WhiteH2O

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I'm Shaun.
I work as an airline pilot, I have a 10 year old son, 7 year old daughter, a wife, and a pittbull/weimeraner mix dog that is 2.
I found myself here because I bought some lake property and my son decided we need some RC boats. We found two fiberglass hulls in my dad's garage, and we are going to attempt to build them into RC boats.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteH2O
Hi, I'm Shaun.
I work as an airline pilot, I have a 10 year old son, 7 year old daughter, a wife, and a pittbull/weimeraner mix dog that is 2.
I found myself here because I bought some lake property and my son decided we need some RC boats. We found two fiberglass hulls in my dad's garage, and we are going to attempt to build them into RC boats.
Just out of curiosity, which lake? My parents used to have property at Lake Cushman, sold it years ago though I never did know why
Old 08-30-2019, 11:18 AM
WhiteH2O

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Just out of curiosity, which lake? My parents used to have property at Lake Cushman, sold it years ago though I never did know why
I wish mine was on Cushman, but mine is on Bay Lake on the Key Peninsula. Out by Penrose State Park.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:16 PM
kevinsburns

Kevin Burns. Aged a quick 50.
Kenton Ohio
Started out racing BMX bikes in Illinois, as I am from Chicago, not the suburbs but Chicago. Started RC back in 1974 with control line. Started racing rc nitro boats in 93ish maybe 94.
I am unskaved (No kids, no ex wife or wife) I do however date a Bipolargeist but it prefers to be called Kim.
I enjoy science museums, Drag racing, photography.
I love K&B and Prather.
I love Sig Rossi (hard to find now) and hate Novarossi engines.
I don't mind joking around, I do however dislike condescending arrogant people who "Think" they are someone, more or less un humbleness.

I currently have a seaducer sd3 21 I bought used, and a prather Deep vee outboard also bought used. Both boats have been rebuilt by me. I am not a rich man so I have to do and get what I can.

The seaducer had race damage so I repaired it, the prather was built real well. So, I rebuilt the engine and added the red carb and silver bullet pipe. I was going to convert the prather to inboard using the parts from the seaducer, IDK maybe this winter I will.
PS I know the seaducer is a better hull, but I like the adrenaline rush from running a Deep V level on the keel and surface drive.

Last edited by kevinsburns; 10-03-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Carlos Murphy

I usta race K&B 7.5 class F-1 boat in the S.F. Bary Area in the mid 80's, great engines.
My favorite airplane "ringed" 2-stroke was the K&B Scream'n .48, fantastic glow engine.
The Scream'n .48 pushed (pulled) my World Models P-51 to over 100mph.
My friend Gere put 2 Scream'n .48's on the World P-82 Mustang, WHAT A SOUND!

Last edited by Carlos Murphy; 10-04-2020 at 04:44 PM.