Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:28 PM
CrunchyMetal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

I just bought a pile of Savage shocks. If I get a chance to try it I'll let you know.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:51 PM
brokeneck

well I didnt get any pics(forgot the cam at home) but had a blast driving it..i'll get some pics next time.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

brokeneck, imagine you start beating everyone there. lol.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:16 AM
cleffdawg

just in case any of you still care, that is if the pos is still running. Yes you can put savage shocks on it but it requires a bit of modification. I mounted mine with the origional top screws then used a few bolts to mount the bottom side to the axle. If you do this you'll have to cut off the suspension stops from the chassis. As far as the guy who lost his front wheel drive i had this happen with both axles. There is a small plastic peice on the axle that is supposed to turn with the axle. In other words it's supposed to be attached. I beleive they did this with a small pin through the axle but it is weak. I drilled another hole in the axle, through the plastic peice and JB welded the @%$ out of it. it holds great now. Another problem is the belts they use. I replaced mine with some O'rings and they work spectacular. I would of done more mods but shortly after fixing the axles i lost all controls and can not figure it out. I am considering to upgrade the electrics with thoughs of an electric RC-10 but don't really want to if i don't have to just yet. One thing you may be able to help me with is the setup to do this. I don't do much with electrics and have no idea how the hell i would do this. I mean there are three motors in the front axle and two in the rear. Any ideas how to do this? Please help, i miss crawling. i know, so get a real crawler. Someday.....
Old 10-18-2005, 07:47 PM
brokeneck

pics...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88446.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	340907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46725.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	340908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90892.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	340909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz76021.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	340910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf51890.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	340911  
Old 10-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Sergio M
My Feedback: (1)

Does any body have a video of this 1/6 monster in action. I am thinking about buying one, but i am a little conserned on the way it would handle meaning controller wise. I would like for it to respond to the controll just like our other models. Or better said, as if it had a futaba or JR radio.

THANX.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
brokeneck

ORIGINAL: Sergio M

Does any body have a video of this 1/6 monster in action. I am thinking about buying one, but i am a little conserned on the way it would handle meaning controller wise. I would like for it to respond to the controll just like our other models. Or better said, as if it had a futaba or JR radio.

THANX.

only downfall ive found so far about the electronics is the steering servo sucks big time.
It really needs some better steering for this beast
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Sergio M
My Feedback: (1)

Thanx ,

brokeneck , I really appreciate you're info on this truck. I would really like to see one running before I make the jump.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:04 PM
cleffdawg

I like the truck, well i did when it ran but if i had to do it over again i'd look for someone who is selling a hobby grade crawler and go from there.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:14 PM
MeanMarine

does anyone know wehre too buy the little ones? the big ones are a little too much for me but i like the small scale crawling. there easier to make obsticles for too.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:30 PM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: MeanMarine

does anyone know wehre too buy the little ones? the big ones are a little too much for me but i like the small scale crawling. there easier to make obsticles for too.
Wal-Mart has both scales. I'm thinking of getting one for my kids for Christmas...For me I'd like to have this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-GPM-Tami...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-30-2005, 06:01 AM
ezrider_42101

i got my 1/6th scale today. iv been long time into the real deal and got this to hopefully slow my obsesive expensive modding on my real truck...lol i swapped out the stock pics for these ones of it now painted

of course iv already rolled it and scrached the paint a bit but still looks tons better than that orange

i want some bigger tires for it but im pretty impressed for a wallmart item

some other things i would like to do for it is fab up some camera mounts on the inside and increase the flex some and beef it up as it breaks. damn starting to sound more like my truck...lol
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM
yellowpasta2000

which one is better for what its made for the 1:6 scale or the 1:18 scale? i want one!, And where can i buy the 1:18 scale one from?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Hi, nylint people.. I have been wanting for a while, but my WW didn't have any. I did go to another WW today, and found just 1. Both WW have rc cars and trucks stacked to the ceilings. Her's my question about the freq (radio) All other rc's were labeld

How do I know which frequency this orange jeep (1/6) is on? Most all the other rc's there say 49 or 27 mgz. I want to use my AM 27 mhz transmitter and want to know if it is on 27 and also if the channel can be changed to 1-6? I did read entire post, and see that is 4 different channels, but that doesn't tell me the freq or band? Thanks for input.

No 1/18's at either wally world [:@] I just found this correct scale thread.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
BigJ
My Feedback: (31)

Well I just found our local Walmart to have a set of replacement wheels and tires for the 1/6 for only 20 bucks. What does the back of the wheel look like. I heard it was a hex, if so does anyone know what size? Stampede size or Maxx size or bigger? I mean if they fit other trucks and only 20.00, how sweet is that. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
hpiguy

My Walmart has the tires in stock. Really nice stuff.

Someone take a pic of how they mount. You cannot see the mounting pattern in the tires at the store.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
NitroRunner

Hey guys, Im thinking about getting one of these, they are sweet. How hard are they to modify and what would be the best mods to make it as good as it could possibly be?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 AM
hpiguy

So all these guys are posting pics of the trucks they own.

But not ONE will take a pic of the end of the axle where the wheels mount, or the wheels themselves so the rest can see how they mount?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:57 PM
ReedyMan

Why is the Nylint not a very good vehicle... Walmart sells it, that's why! I would definitely rather spend my money on a name brand truck than get that. I've seen my Electric stampede do some pretty awesome crawling for being a high-speed truck. The suspension flexed the tires over 5 inches at max!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:47 AM
crazysurf

i bought my nylint 1/6th scale and the second hr after driving it i broke the left front axle to peices and it destroyed my whell also i was dissapointed so i called the customer service number talked with a human and within one week they sent me a whole new chassy with many upgrades ,the old chassy was fast , but this chassy is slower and has better functions with it i am happy with the company -----i was wondering if anyone put different tires and wheels on these i would like to no what kind and what size tires and brand let me no thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 02:12 AM
crazysurf

my nylint 1/6th scale rock crawler i broke left fron axle to all peices and it also destroyed the wheel assembly i called the customer servise number on the box and actually talked to a human and he understood what happened and in one week they sent me a whole new chassy minus wheels and body and battery the old chassy was alot faster but the new one has many upgrades and is stronger so i was glad to here the company wont let yah down , i was wondering if anyone has put different tires and wheels on these and if so what kind of wheels and tires thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 04:30 PM
MARGRETTE

I managed to kill the front end of mine about 2 weeks after hard wheelin'...Tire bind is definitely the culprit. I took it back to Wal-mart scrathes, cracked window, bent fenders and all, and they exchanged it, no questions asked. The second, had bum steering out of the box (turned left but not back to the right), so I returned that one, with no questions, but some strange looks. Now, the third one (3rd time is a charm) seems to work well, however if I try to turn while backing up a steep obstacle, my front right axle pops loose and the wheels lock to one side or the other, and wont turn. Its an easy fix (just have to muscle the wheel around till it pops back in) but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and/or has figured out how to prevent it from hapening.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:34 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

What would they do if they were out of stock? and had an exchange come back?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
MARGRETTE

not sure...they always had 5 or 6 on teh shelves...I was really suprised (good) at how easy they were on it, so they would probably notify you when they got more, or maybe order one from another store.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:09 PM
MARGRETTE

I just ripped my whole vehicle apart for my build-up...I will snap some pics of the wheels tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.