Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Good bashing spots and trespassing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good bashing spots and trespassing

ORIGINAL: collector1231

... 2 years, TBE. (<u>T</u>o <u>B</u>e <u>E</u>xact.) And another reason is that they won't yell at me...
If you have to write what an abbreviation is, why not just write it out in the first place? Just curious.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
traxxasadict3.3
My Feedback: (84)

I live in south carolina and its never a issue.Ive got a few acres to run my short course trucks on but i have a 4-tec that needs some pavement.Everytime ive been aproached by law enforcement it has been a non-issue.They ask alot of questions about my car,hang out for a few minutes and they are gone.Im sure this is different in other parts of the country but its never been a problem for us. P.S.   keep your pants pulled up and your hat on straight and that helps too!!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Run your RCs there, as long as you aren't bothering anyone or damaging anything. If and when you are asked to leave, pack up quickly and quietly and leave without a fuss.
What Foxy said.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Karontu

i think Foxy and traxxas.addict hit the nail on the head. If you can't find a way to get ahold of the owner be polite about using their land, don't modify it by making your own jumps or digging holes and don't look like you're up go no good.  If asked to leave don't fuss, just do it
Old 07-02-2011, 01:14 AM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Its always better to apologize then to ask permission, you learn that after your married.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:21 AM
traxxasadict3.3
My Feedback: (84)

Isnt that the truth!
ORIGINAL: keyman

Its always better to apologize then to ask permission, you learn that after your married.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: keyman

I've always heard, and used, it quoted as "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

And, yes, I think that is something every married man finds out sooner or later...
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie has no problem using new-construction sites or recent demolition sites to go bashing his Savages. It's a blast.

He's been accompanied by the cops a time or two, but it's usually "OH WOW THAT THING IS FXXXING AWESOME! HOW MUCH, HOW FAST, ETC ETC"

The "how fast" question is usually answered with "You're the one with the radar gun".

Once had the foreman of the construction company working on the site stop by. He thought it was cool, especially the backflips on the dozer blade[8D]
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
moe7404

"They have every right to call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing." that will look good in the morn paper. " hobbyist arrest for running toy car."
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: moe7404

''They have every right to call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing.'' that will look good in the morn paper. '' hobbyist arrest for running toy car.''
That is why you don't let it escalate that far. A simple sorry and Ill be on my way should suffice.

Im a skater I know these things.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
CuzinMike

My parents live in one of those neighborhoods that seems like it will never be finished, so whenever I visit them there's always plenty of construction sites, empty and half-finished lots to bash on. I've never had anyone complain, but I would leave if I was asked to. Besides, kids ride their ATVs on those lots all the time and no one seems to mind, so I doubt my electric SC truck will ruffle any feathers...