Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

40% Yak Test Flight

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 40% Yak Test Flight

Hard to believe that a guy with this plane wouldn't take not even one picture.
It might be the only finished plane flying right now in the world but still no pictures.
Hard to believe.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Apparently you didn't read his first post "I will have photos when I return back. Only 5 flights so far. Being an overseas contarctor is a pain!! "
Old 05-20-2005, 01:12 PM
T. Bob

I read that but I can only speak from my experiences. Before a plane of mine ever gets to the field I have a dozen pictures of it (emailing to friends or posting on RCU).
But to have one of the first plane of it's kind and not have one picture is odd. (with 20 posts I'm a little suspect)
I'm sorry Mike it's killing me to see this plane completed.
But it looks like I'm going to wait.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Harrier3D

Hello,

T. Bob what seems to be your beef. Because folks dont due what you do, its not normal? I personally never take a photo of any plane until I fly it. But does that make it wrong. Get over it. If the guy posts something he will if not so what.

Later
Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello,
I'm kind of with T.Bob on this one. Any time there is an Aerotech thread, there are about 8 guys who all start their post with "Hello, blah blah blah, Aerotech is the best, I have several of them, don't have pics, no one knows who I am, and I never respond to PM's. I am guessing it is one Aerotech employee using several ID's. Nothing against their planes or the company. In fact I kind of like the looks of their Yak. I just spent four days at Joe Nall and the only Aerotech plane I saw was in a tree. Hopefully will see some pics of real flying planes soon.
I for one like the idea of seeing a small company compete and survive. I do not like seeing guys spam the forums using multiple ID's to promote their product. Hopefully I am wrong, but don't think so. Flame suit on to protect me from all of the "Hello" boys(i.e Dave Miller, Harrier3D, Yak543D, VeloxPilot, etc, etc).
Later, cbk
Old 05-20-2005, 07:07 PM
jsm77777
My Feedback: (4)

I too am waiting to see pictures of the Yak. I have also been waiting for one for 3 months. I have 2 40% Aerotech kits, and they are nice. I am still waiting on a canopy for one kit, as it was supposedly lost in shipping. Everything else arrived fine. My only problem, is that it shouldn't take more than 3 months to get a canopy. John has told me many excuses, but I think I have been VERY patient with him. I just feel I'm getting the run around. I am still trying to work with John and really don't want to p%$# anyone off, but the canopy has been long overdue. I know he is a small company, and I do feel he is trying, but I am getting a little tired of excuses. I am curious about the Sukhoi's, but doubt anything will happen this year on them. Scott
Old 05-21-2005, 06:51 AM
jsm77777
My Feedback: (4)

I received an e-mail from John about my post. I always want to be fair, so I figured I would let the other people know about the reply. He says he is still working on getting canopies made from a better supplier. Like I said before, I know John is trying, and I really hope John gets these better, more reliable suppliers. In my opinion, his kit is better than a Carden, and much cheaper. The laser cutting is super, and I have no complaints with the wood quality, or foam cutting. Thank's John. Scott
Old 05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Aerotech's web sight has one of the biggest and best selection of giant acrobat kits on the net. Everytime I get the bug for a plane, I look over the planes they have offered and usually, they have what Im looking for. Everytime, I have enquired about one of there kits its unavailable till a later date, 3 maybe 4 times. I know without a doubt the quality of there product is top shelf. I also know from the support here that there planes are flyers. I would love to build an Aerotech kit but, I have always ended up elseware cause of availability. When Im ready to go with a plane waiting 6 months plus+ sux. I know, Ive been there with Carden on 2 occasions. If Aerotech goes with a Sukhoi and I decided to build one I guess I plan that plane next year. By then something else will pop up thats available and I pass on the Aerotech again...This just seems to be the way it is with Aerotech. But maybe one of these days I will get patient and wait out an order, It will probably be worth the wait, till then pictures would help
Old 06-10-2005, 10:27 PM
T. Bob

cbkO7 wrote

I do not like seeing guys spam the forums using multiple ID's to promote their product. Hopefully I am wrong, but don't think so. Flame suit on to protect me from all of the "Hello" boys(i.e Dave Miller, Harrier3D, Yak543D, VeloxPilot, etc, etc).

Amen to that

Hey cbk07 I would send you some pictures of my Aerotech plane but;

"No I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tyre. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!"

Old 06-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

I will chime in here since Im on the hot seat. Being a manufacturer is not easy. My competitors know this as well, thats why you wait the amount of time you will for product. Small companys pull canopys, fiberglass parts, landing gear etc. for us and is rarely done inhouse by any manufacturer. These small companys are our life line to what we need to get product to market. They run into struggles as well which trickles down to us which delays products. We always make every effort to keep our friends informed.

With the exception of some kits we have items in stock every month and can put kits together in a shorter time. We are stocking as fast as we can get product in and will continue to do so. I cannot speak for anyone else but us, but everyday we are trying to make strives to better the product, offer any assistance via email or phone and offer the largest selection kits. I hope this helps with some of the questions and I will answer any questions via email.

Thanks

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
40%plane
My Feedback: (1)

Amen to that John.

OH!!!! Guys here are pictures of two of my aerotech airplanes tht both fly very well, as well as a picture of my yak that is being built.

As to the fellas that are contantly bashing aerotech forums, if you don't like what is said then why do you bother looking at the post, stay out and avoid them at all cost, otherwise post helpful and positive information.

here are my aerotechs

See guys they do exist :P
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29240.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	283313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17002.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	283314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71031.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	283315  
Old 06-10-2005, 11:18 PM
newshoundaussie

The yak looks great 40%. Also like the straight landing gear better. Hope mine has it, having a hard time waiting for it to be finished but sure it will be worth it.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
xtreem3d

i have owned a few of john's planes and was happy w/ all of them so this isn't a knock against john but i would have thought that maybe he would get some pics of at least the prototype up on the net . i'm sure that would help start to boost sales of the new plane.
steve
Old 06-11-2005, 09:03 PM
3DEXTRA

Damn Pics.[:@]
Old 06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
T. Bob

40%plane
I knew you had pics.
They look great and good luck with your Yak.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
T. Bob

I will have photos when I return back.
That is one long trip.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
as722

Iceland is very far away.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:43 PM
T. Bob

The 150 flew it very well. My Plane weighed 40lbs 6oz. Its a big plane so I dont expect the weight to be much less.
Obviously Puckett can't build.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 AM
dgfick

It was down to 40 lbs once.......when he had the incident in the corn field and knocked the friggin motor off......
Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lucky guy only has to be away for a month? Shoot, my trips are 3 months minimum.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered the Smartfly EQ10. I fly the TOC 40% Yak which weighs 52LBs. I am using 10 Hitec 5955 s on (4) elevators and (6) ailerons and the Seiko P050 on the rudder. So far, the EQ10 has worked quite nicely.