Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

best nitro truck for under $300

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best nitro truck for under $300

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

And another example Losi Muggy.felt cheap and barely adequate for jumping 5 feet in the backyard, another example of a MT. They just feel cheap unless you mod them to be a decent truggy.
The muggy is meant to be a cross between a MT and truggy... Its not very good at being either, and isnt a good example...
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 PM
quicksilverchevy

I am a first time nitro guy and I bought a tower terror. It has been a good little truck. I havent had any problems with it other the clipping a trash can with the left wheel and breaking the steering knuckle, but hey, things happen. I had no problems breakin the motor in and I have ran a gallon thru so far and it is blazin fast for a single speed. The wheelies are cool too. The transmitter looks a little cheap but has worked flawlessly. I have been happy with the terror, but like I said I am new at this and is all I have ever run. Once I got the motor tuned, it has stayed in tune. No issue there. It handles pretty good and IMO is a good basher for the price. The only thing I noticed and had to take care of is the set screws need to be taken out when you first get it and blue lock tight them in. I lost one out of the front diff and lost front wheel drive. Other than that, has been an awesome little truck.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A quick answer to the original poster as to the best truck for under $300 is a used savage. End of discussion![8D]
Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yakfish

A quick answer to the original poster as to the best truck for under $300 is a used savage. End of discussion![8D]
+ 1
That is exactly what i did when i bought my first nitro truck. But i think its best if you actually get to see the used truck, so go on eBay have a look around and try to find someone who doesnt live too far away from you. You can get a bargain like i did, i bought a used savage x that was pretty much brand new (looks new enough that you would think that you just took it out of the box first time) with heaps of extras for just $370aud ($293 usd).
Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 AM
dacaur

You can also get royally screwed when buying a used truck. Any truck can be brought back from any condition, but you need some experience to do so. I would say any newb needs to sick with new unless they know and trust the person selling them the used truck.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 AM
savagecommander

ORIGINAL: dacaur

You can also get royally screwed when buying a used truck. Any truck can be brought back from any condition, but you need some experience to do so. I would say any newb needs to sick with new unless they know and trust the person selling them the used truck.
another good point.