Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Gonna bring it back to life, the xxx-s

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
gokemidoro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gonna bring it back to life, the xxx-s

LOL!

Looks like you did it right!! What was the deal with the TC5 spinning out after the back straight? I laughed every time you let him catch up!

This project was a success! Still might need tiny adjustments, to go even FASTER, but all in all, great job, dude!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
r/c_freak

thanks, and much agreed.    as far as the spinning out, it took us a while to solve the issue, but in the end it was a simple fix.  he had done some adjustments to the rear and didnt adjust the rear camber to match.  but we couldnt run anymore that night as they started racing.  i wanna gear up to 47, also not sure if i said it already but after about 10-15 minutes of running i temped at 83 -84 so i know i can gear up a little with no issue.  other than that i am running a 30c 7.4 volt lipo, and i know i can go to 50c for a bit more speed.   but i am open to any other ideas to make it faster without timing or changing the motor up. 
Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
gokemidoro

Run racing LiPos. 45/50C. That will take care of the gearing problem, without actually addressing it. Your temps will rise, but not appreciably, but it's still a good idea to have a temp gauge around.

About the only thing I saw that might need addressing was the speed on the back straight, but as you say, and I concur, go 45/50C. If you can program a bit of drag brake in your ESC, do so, and that will allow you to stay on the power deeper into the corner, because you won't need to push forward on the trigger, just let off for a split second. Watch out, though, too much, and you'll spin out the car. Program just enough to scrub speed, and you'll notice how little trigger movement you'll need.

Like I said.....Tiny adjustments!