Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

dang my hesitation!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dang my hesitation!

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

searching on ebay, i found a newly listed traxxas stampede 4x4 roller. just needed electronics and a body. all of which i have already.
it was $150 BIN with shipping.

but i looked at a few utube vids, to read feedback and see what it will do on 3s lipo.

didnt take longer than 5 minutes to decide i wanted it, went to buy and and it was sold!

considering they are $400 new, i think $150 shipped for a roller in good shape is a good price. wish i hadnt hesitated. been alittle while since i had a traxxas for bashing[&o]

I saw the same thing and snagged one, it should be here tomorrow
Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

the 2.8L V6 was one of Gm's best engines ever, rock solid, had multi-port (one of the first cars ever having this) it generated 140HP which is ample given the ford 5.0 and GM 350 where making 150hp at this time.
ThunderbirdJunkie being a fan of both Fieros and GM 60* V6s, the 2.8 was a giant pile of steaming crap. Just sayin'.

In '85 when the Fiero got its MPFI 2.8, the 5.0 Ford was making 175hp, and the TPI 350 was making 250...both wtih about 300 lb ft of torque. The 2.8 was never rated at more than 150 lb ft.

The Fiero GT/2M6/Formula were awesome cars...but they are only awesome to us oddball car nerds. Just sayin'.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 AM
ZeroKelvin
Banned

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

the 2.8L V6 was one of Gm's best engines ever, rock solid, had multi-port (one of the first cars ever having this) it generated 140HP which is ample given the ford 5.0 and GM 350 where making 150hp at this time.
ThunderbirdJunkie being a fan of both Fieros and GM 60* V6s, the 2.8 was a giant pile of steaming crap. Just sayin'.

In '85 when the Fiero got its MPFI 2.8, the 5.0 Ford was making 175hp, and the TPI 350 was making 250...both wtih about 300 lb ft of torque. The 2.8 was never rated at more than 150 lb ft.

The Fiero GT/2M6/Formula were awesome cars...but they are only awesome to us oddball car nerds. Just sayin'.
Those 2.8's were fairly reliable, but only if you didn't push them hard. They had poor oiling and liked to spin rod bearings in the high rpm's. In a car the size of a fiero they put out enough power. Of course, more is always better. A lot of guys who own fieros swap out the 2.8's for 60° 3.4's from early 90's camaro/firebird. It's almost a direct drop in, just a couple simple changes needed, but it bolts right up. I put one in my 86 fiero, pulled the computer/sensors and installed a carb, very fun to drive now.

<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZeroKelvin

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Those 2.8's were fairly reliable, but only if you didn't push them hard. They had poor oiling and liked to spin rod bearings in the high rpm's. In a car the size of a fiero they put out enough power. Of course, more is always better. A lot of guys who own fieros swap out the 2.8's for 60° 3.4's from early 90's camaro/firebird. It's almost a direct drop in, just a couple simple changes needed, but it bolts right up. I put one in my 86 fiero, pulled the computer/sensors and installed a carb, very fun to drive now.

<br type=''_moz'' />
i got mine up to 125mph.... twice. the fiero only H-O had better injectors than the other ones.
i believe during these times, the best GM V-8 made 200HP and was a corvette cross fire.
im proud to be a oddball car nerd and not a ricer or a mustang jock

oh, i jumped on a yorkville bass amp yesterday, saw it and jumped right on, im picking it up tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
rc awesome

there are cars from the mid 70s that are worth buying, with decent power. I would love to have a 77 trans am or somthing. Now a sports car from the 80s is a diffrent story; no horsepower and ugly styling. </p>
Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
ZeroKelvin
Banned

i got mine up to 125mph.... twice. the fiero only H-O had better injectors than the other ones.
i believe during these times, the best GM V-8 made 200HP and was a corvette cross fire.
im proud to be a oddball car nerd and not a ricer or a mustang jock

oh, i jumped on a yorkville bass amp yesterday, saw it and jumped right on, im picking it up tomorrow.
When I did my swap I installed a 140mph speedometer, original one was 85mph. I wantedwind the motor out, but haven't been able to do that because there just aren't any roads around here where it's safe. I would do it on country roads because they're clear and straight, but very uneven, not good for speed.

I saw where a guy had done a motor swap in his fiero, can't remember which engine, but he went to do speed runs and at about 135mph or so his headlights popped up. Apparently it scared the living hell out of him....flying along and then suddenly, BANG, they flipped up from the wind resistance. I think I'd**** my pants too