Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the fastest stock rtr nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:26 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the fastest stock rtr nitro?

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Probably a nitro 4tec, but you really don't want, or can go that fast with out a huge area.
thats not the fastest.. its also one of the worst onroads you can buy.
I don't know mych about onroads, since i have no intrest in buying one. I just knew about the 4tec, and thought that 70 was pretty fast for a RTR.

traxxas speed numbers in general are blown out of proportion.

small print

"running down hill with a 20mph tail wind, running on 40% full lean settings being measured by earl the magic gopher guesstimating the top speed"
Old 04-11-2011, 02:08 AM
djyjrlz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the fastest stock rtr nitro?

i think they just guess at te speed incrementally, there are no numbers on the box like 37+ mph its always rounded to a 5 or 10 and i think they use the specs and looks of the car to judge speed, <div>onroad +</div><div>3.3+</div><div>= 70mph</div><div>
</div>
Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 AM
TheRoadWarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of aerodynamics and driveline friction you'd have to gear it 10mph faster that the speed you want unless you're at slower speeds and geared more conservatively. My Rustler running on 3s with a Castle Sidewinder+4600kv hits 55mph using my phone GPS app but it's geared from 60mph. It also has Acer ceramic bearings and Bandit body