Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do any of you wrench inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do any of you wrench inside

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

I build airplanes all year long in what used to be a dining room. Dining room?!?!? What a waste. It should be renamed to ''Airplane building room''. My home is south of San Angelo, Texas where it can get really hot (but it's mostly a dry heat). I'm single so there's no one to b_tch at me about building airplanes in the dining room. I dine on the couch in the living room in front of the TEE-vee.
Heck, I'm married with kids, and our dining room is rarely used as a dining room. It's "extra stuff storage" when not needed, which is most of the time. Good for you making use of yours!

Like the TEE-vee pronunciation too.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a carpenter for 29 years and now a boss in the company , i bought this 70 year old duplex (both sides ) and fixed my basement up for my shop . I built two rooms at first one 12ft x 12ft for building with work benches around three walls and good overhead lighting the other room is 12x12 also for storing my already built planes and cars. I put in cable / heat and air plus a dehumidifyer because its a basement and the balsa planes. Last year my oldest son moved out of the room i hade built for him down there and i took it over also using it for kits and motorcycle parts for my bike plus hanging up more planes . I think its important to have a nice place to build and be left alone to think while you do it.Now iam going to build a bigger garage next year to hang planes out there. I rent the other side out to my nephew and his girlfriend and he is a carpenter also . The rent almost covers the morgage leaving me more money for my hobbys when i retire soon . joe
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Cruzer50

I happen to have a workbench set up in my room. Sense i am only a teenager i have no wife to worry about.:-)
Old 06-29-2012, 02:41 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: quiltsfly

JohnP2, I feel for you, I live in the valley of the sun, Phoenix area. I too have the garage for my hanger, the heat really plays heck with the covering. I did insulate my garage door last weekend and got a room air conditioner that covers about 13000 sq ft (LG at home depot). I have not used it yet as I need an electrical oulet for it, and as soon as that is installed I hope to cool the garage to about 82 degrees, beats the 110-125 it is now.

Good luck with the heat and keep them in the air.
Barry
This is my Garage, I build/rebuild cars during the winter months. This is my 1970 Chevy C-10 short wide box. It's been a long journey to where it is now. This will be Cody's when he hits 24 or 25. It sits on Bags, all chrome except grille has been removed, Engine is a built 350 CID (that's the air cleaner for the tunnel ram manifold sticking through the hood) All Custom Gauges , Tailgate is welded shut. I could go on and on. It's been a 20 year project just tinkering here and there on it. I take it out for a sunday drive every once in a while.

Here's the Heartbeat.

This is a 65 Mustang I'm rebuilding from the ground up. It is totally torn down now there is no suspension, wiring, steering, interior etc. Nothing but a bare tub.

My hobby room. Both my hobby room and garage are heated and the hobby room is Air conditioned for comfort.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM
flyme2moon
My Feedback: (1)

I am in the San fernando valley just noprth of los angeles.... it can get up to 112 degrees in the summer and unbearable in the garage and some times too cold in the winter....I am  in the process of clearing my work table 7"x 8" I have acess to 3 sides..., it is now june, and my plan was to put up insulation on the gargae rafters and on the garage door and try to maintain a more pleasant  work area   also I made up a new rule ..." If I haven't used it or touched it or even seen it for at least 4 years...GOOD BYE" ..... there are things that just start reproducing in a closed room, where does it come from????
Old 06-29-2012, 03:01 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just use my garage to work on rc stuff. I can work out there anytime and if I get cold I turn on heat. If I get hot I can turn on the ac.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 PM
JohnP2

Thanks for the replies. It seems like a lot of you have a great setup. I love to hear about those who enjoy the bachelor life and work on their cars wherever and whenever they want. Keep enjoying that privilege. ;-) There is no way my wife would allow it inside. I'm lucky to have my work area in the garage the way I do. Ha! At this stage my son and I are just modifying the hours we work on/run our cars (i.e. early in the morning). At least now while we look at houses I know one of the prerequisites I have.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM
oliveDrab

Is that a rust-free bondo-less 'Stang?!? I want to drive a Bullitt Mustang at high speed through the streets of San Francisco before I kick the bucket. (Remember the movie?!?)
Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
FreakyDude

I have a room in the basement made up for my RC stuff.<div>Its the opposite here, can work all day outside in the summer but in the winter and she rolls around -20 to -40 you best keep your mittens on lol</div>
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Bamafever

105 today out in my shed/workshop no ac,Itslike a good work out.</p>
Old 06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Cruzer50

I happen to have a workbench set up in my room. Sense i am only a teenager i have no wife to worry about.:-)
Same here but it it gets filled up pretty quick sometimes so Imove to another table so I don't lose parts

Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM
DESERT RATT

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

Is that a rust-free bondo-less 'Stang?!? I want to drive a Bullitt Mustang at high speed through the streets of San Francisco before I kick the bucket. (Remember the movie?!?)
It's from here in Nevada so it's pretty rust free, There's only one bad spot on the drivers floor pan that I had to replace. As far as no bondo? I really wish I could say no but there's not much and it's just a 1/8" skim. I have the ground effects package (Fiberglass hood, wheel flares, side air scoops, front Facia and below the rockers) that will be all blended in so that will mean a little more filler to do that, it will be done in Fiberglass filler and Kitty cat hair. I have all the high performance suspension with road race shocks,
with 18" tires all around lowered 1-1/2 inch in the front and 2-3" in the rear.

Here's the trunk deck ready for primer and paint., I did away with the key and going with a remote cable opener from the interior and Maybe? a remote radio control key change opener. everything has been Sand blasted ready for work. The trunk deck is indicative of the rest of the car. Gotta remember it's a 47 year old piece of metal. lol

Bullit is one of my all time favorites in Car chase movies, I really like "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum, along with Ronin and the French connection. this only names a few of the greats.

Long live fast Cars, Fast food and Fast Women! lol

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a rideâ€
Old 06-30-2012, 04:17 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can u do my car next.... In desprate need of some TLC
Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I build in a closed in carport. It is a part of the house with air and heat. My wife don't much care for it but too bad. We men have as much right in our marriage as women. The old saying " If she's not happy" is a load of crap. Cause if I ain't happy, well I can be as much of a bast@%# as she can be a bit%#. Don't get me wrong I would give my life for my wife. We have been together since our teen's and I love her dearly. But fair is fair. Beside's she has the rest of the house. So out of 3200sf, 800 is mine. Sound's pretty fair to me.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
DESERT RATT

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

can u do my car next.... In desprate need of some TLC]
Nice beginning! Hmm, Remove the door handles, remove the long side chrome body protector, get rid of the Vinyl top. Put a twotone paint job, Maybe a purple over Cream withtribal
flames running down the side seperating the two tones. Drop the suspension 1-1/2 to 2 inches all around. Get some 17 inch rims with low profile tires.

What make is that? It resembles a Mercury from the 60's. Cool Car.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:46 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: DESERT RATT

Nice beginning! Hmm, Remove the door handles, remove the long side chrome body protector, get rid of the Vinyl top. Put a two tone paint job, Maybe a purple over Cream with tribal
flames running down the side seperating the two tones. Drop the suspension 1-1/2 to 2 inches all around. Get some 17 inch rims with low profile tires.

yuck
Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
joebahl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the shark ,if ya dont want anyone to even to think about stealing it ,go with thos colors.lmao joe
Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: joebahl

I agree with the shark ,if ya dont want anyone to even to think about stealing it ,go with thos colors.lmao joe
I actually think it looks good as it is, maybe a fresh white paint job and chrome rims (15 or 16) little fatter rear tires, thats about it.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: DESERT RATT

Nice beginning! Hmm, Remove the door handles, remove the long side chrome body protector, get rid of the Vinyl top. Put a two tone paint job, Maybe a purple over Cream with tribal

hummm dont know about those colours, bit out there for me. I like my cars simple with lots of chrome.
Its a 1978 Australian Ford Fairlane, Cleveland V8, C4 auto.
That body protector is going, its completly missing it from the other side.

Its been dumped since by nearly 4 inches at the front, just need to do the rear.
And its been changed to twin exhaust ATM

this is what I want it to look like one day.... LOW, BLACK with CHROME
Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
themilobox

I think the pictures show where mine is.. lol Right on my kitchen counter and the wife works right along side me as well and I dont mean cooking hahahaha and it looks like this 75% of the time. Today more so than in the last couple weeks. I realy beat some stuff up today at the track...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74563.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1777375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm39019.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1777376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33620.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1777377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au57266.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1777378  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
DESERT RATT

The colors actually look good when done in the right Hue.

Nice vision you have for it. Ford Fairlane?

Didn't know there were different looks of the same car in different countries.

I understand purple is not a color everyone likes, this is a Photoshop I did for a friend (I'm not very good using Photoshop) the guy liked it and we painted it. We did it in silver instaed of cream.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
DESERT RATT

Ya just have to keep a Lady that loves what you do as your Wife apparently does. I've kept mine for 42 year this month. (High School sweethearts) Whn I was in my 20's I rebuilt a Motorcycle in our front room, I'd never get by with it today. lol
ORIGINAL: themilobox

I think the pictures show where mine is.. lol Right on my kitchen counter and the wife works right along side me as well and I dont mean cooking hahahaha and it looks like this 75% of the time. Today more so than in the last couple weeks. I realy beat some stuff up today at the track...
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
DESERT RATT

By the way, those old wheels are terrible! You better send them my way.. I have 18" tires and wheels in my shed for the Mustang but they are Modern wheels, I'm thinking of going back old school and those are what I'm looking at.

can u do my car next.... In desprate need of some TLC
Old 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
phmaximus

lol cant go wrong with genuine dragway splats...

have un sen these they are like a 20" splat

Old 07-02-2012, 05:15 PM
phmaximus

there is one very close to what ur saying... not for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.