Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How fast does ur HPI go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How fast does ur HPI go?

No it's just a regular neon.I've been building it for a few years and the engine is completely built up and awaiting my T3/T4 turbo system but I keep spending money on R/C LOL.The engine has been built for a turbo and I lowered the compresion but since their is no turbo it is pretty slow but once I get my turbo I will blow an SRT4 off the road!!!It will actually spin to 8500 but the ECU i'm using at the moment has a rev limit of 7500.When I get my turbo I will change the ECU also.Spoon builds engines for anything related to Honda but they are expensive as he$#.You send them an engine and a few thousand dollars and they send it back to you completely bullet proof and capable of spinning 11,000 RPM depending on your application.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Aggdaddy

cool, I wish there was an aftermarket rebuilder for my O.S. .12Tr I could send to. Maybe get that to spin at 50k RPM !!

Good luck on getting that Neon fixed up with that turbo. SHould be plenty quick afterwards.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:44 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Damn it rex.. my friend sold his AFX computer from his neon... I think for like 350. His wasn't too bad at all.. larger throttle body... CA intake... he did more show than go... he still has Tenzo R's 17's if you are looking for rims. he had a 98 Highline series

he drives a nice spec now..
Old 09-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Rex2342

Thats the one I'm running now but it's for my SOHC engine.I'm going to put the AFX DOHC ECU on it when I get the turbo stuff.I'm going to try to find a stock ECU so I can turn that in for the core and sell the AFX one.If everything works out like I want I will only be out the cost of shipping.My engine is ready to go.I had the head ported/polished and installed Crane valve springs and Ti retainers,Crane turbo spec cam,REV stainless steel valves and a 3 angle valve job.The block had JE turbo pistons with 8.8-1 compression and I'm using Eagale "H" Beams on a balanced crank and a High flow oil pump.The setup is good to 450HP but I won't be pushing that out of it since it is my daily driver but it's nice to know I can if I need to.I have alomost all the stuff for the turbo setup picked out but I haven't figured out what to use for the fuel delivery system yet because with 20-25 psi of boost i'm going to need alot of fuel.So much for my 20 mile per gallon economy car LOL!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:55 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

25psi = good by engine woundnt it
Old 09-21-2003, 07:02 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

well the few mags i glance at (cos they have f1 in it ) say it knocked over 390kmph, above its official record. but also what about the cars cornering, and street drivability?

rememer the f1 was built many years ago not in the last few month/year. yet it still rivals and beats all car thats what makes it so good.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Rex2342

25psi = good by engine woundnt it

Thats why it is important to get the proper fuel pressure. 25psi is ALOT of air being pushed by a very large turbo and if it doesn't get enough fuel then engine go boom.I'm going to need at least 550cc injectors and a fuel pump that push's at least 255liters per hour add that with a Apexi AFC to map the fuel curve's I "should" be fine.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:56 PM
otterball21

rex.. interested in those rims? Tenzo R's Passion 5's...... 4 months old!

Jack
Old 09-21-2003, 08:28 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

mates mate took his car in to display at caryard for a week. hed beeen playing with boost and had it at about 15 psi so said strictly, dont let anyone drive the car.
when he went to pick it up it had been driven and the boost had been changed to 27psi! and i think its a pretty stock car, so he aint too happy and is taking legal action
Old 09-21-2003, 08:42 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

a saleen mustang could not beat a mclaren f1 supercar for top speed unless it was a one off extremely altered, not a production car.no standard production saleen
Old 09-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Aggdaddy

You're right, I just looked it up. S7 top speed 220mph. Enzo top speed 218. Mclaren topspeed 235mph. Don't know why I thought those two would best it.

Not that it matters much, but they would get it in the quarter mile.

At least, that's what Road and Track says.

WHichever one you drive, I'm sure we all would get a kick out it.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Rex2342

rex.. interested in those rims? Tenzo R's Passion 5's...... 4 months old!

What size are they and how good of shape are the tires in?
Old 09-22-2003, 02:41 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

a kick out of the car but also a kick in the wallet
Old 09-22-2003, 10:56 AM
otterball21

Tenzo R's Passion 5's Silver 17's wrapped in Kumho's Lo pro's Http://otterscafe.tripod.com They are under Nick's Neon. They are in Awesome shape. Scouts honor... I saw them myself. You know a neon has no good pickup. So he didn't burn them out or anything. He put the stock steelies in the winter. It's just that the neon had major engine problems.. and he got a new car.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Rex2342

Thanks for the offer but i'm looking for 15's.I tried 17's on my car but I need something other than a 40 series tire.The roads in PA aren't the greatest and I bent all 4 of them within a month lol.Shoot me a PM on the price and stuff and I'll ask some of the guys in my Neon club here if they would be interested.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:32 PM
otterball21

you and him might have been in the same car club.. he went to some of the meets up in upper PA. I'll tell him to send you a offer.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Blackjaxx360
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Rex2342
The roads in PA aren't the greatest
That is no B.S.!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Blackjaxx360

95-01 B18C Integra Type R Engine

* 1.8 Liter JDM Integra Type R DOHC VTEC Engine
* 200HP @ 8000 RPM, 134 ft.lbs. torque @ 7500 RPM
* 11.0:1 Compression Ratio
* Close ratio hydraulic LSD transmission
* OBD1 programming, OBD2 style plugs

Sorry, thinking of another car. 8000 RPMS for the Vtec
Actually, the fastest production car is the Bugatti Veyron 16/4. The car is electronically limited to 400km/h (248 mph), though if de-restricted the 8.0-litre coupe would be capable of at least 450km/h, perhaps more if the final-drive ratio and fuel-injection mapping was tweeked. So i think you are wrong nodolarsnosense. This is a 2004 car also so don't think it was made up or set a previouas record. This is current. And the fastest production motorcycle in the world would be my bike, Suzuki GSX-R1000. Arguably the second best thing to sex.[sm=cool.gif]
Old 09-22-2003, 08:46 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

yes i have seen the new bugatti but it hasnt even been released yet has it and has anyone actually driven it to those speeds or do they just say its capeable. so maybe in near future it will be faster but not yet. i reiterate it has the latest technology, the mac 1 is many years old and is still much before its time in terms of technological advances. it runs on pump fuel and has excellent emittions too. of cource cars will eventually beat it because technology advance but sofar no one has caught up.and top speed aint everything as i alwready said.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Blackjaxx360

ORIGINAL: nodolarsnosense

top speed aint everything as i alwready said.

Of course not! Acceleration, handling, etc. play a role also. But you mentioned top speed of the Mclaren F1 and I thought that was the debate. I think the Bugatti Veyron has been tested as it is said to have the record thus far. But as you might already know, a lot of these supercars are not road legal (not in the US anyway) and are made soley for race purposes and company bragging rights.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:05 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

okay yes speed is the main debate here.
yes most cars are made for bragging rights but the whole point of a production car is that it is road legal, i know the mclaren f1 is.it complys to the necisary road legal requirements which impose limits etc but still has this outstanding performance. its built as the ultimate road legal car not the ultimate race car.and not just made enough of so it can race ie like the lancia stratos, it does get beaten on the race track against modified race cars but won lemans as a very relatively stock car. there are also several slightly diff f1 models some better at racing. if you want street legal its still the best ever in my oppinion.
bugatti can try though.
i see the bugatti concept has gone 406kmph
this is not the same as a street legal version though which is yet to be released
but a 1000+hp engine helps compared to the F1s lesser 500kw
Old 09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Blackjaxx360

i see the bugatti concept has gone 406kmph
this is not the same as a street legal version though which is yet to be released
but a 1000+hp engine helps compared to the F1s lesser 500kw
Yes, but even with all that power, there is no way that it is going to stay like that after the governors are put on. If you are going for looks, then I would choose the Mclaren. The Bugatti is and always has been ugly.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:09 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

but i dont think theyd neccisarily put goveners in the bugatti it is a supercar you dont want to spend $$$$$$$ on a car with a speedo/engine that is capped.theyd only do it if it had to be done to make the car road legAL. the f1 Lm is sexx on wheels
Old 09-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Blackjaxx360

but i dont think theyd neccisarily put goveners in the bugatti it is a supercar you dont want to spend $$$$$$$ on a car with a speedo/engine that is capped.theyd only do it if it had to be done to make the car road legAL. the f1 Lm is sexx on wheels
I don't know how things are done "down under" but in the US, most imported cars are governed. BMW, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, Toyota, Audi, just to name a few popular "affordable" cars. All make a model or two that are governed to be road legal in the US. Along with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus, Bentley, Aston Martin, to name a few high end autos, are all required to be governed somewhat but not enough, so they require a special type of auto insurance to be able to drive legally. Now I'm not saying you can't take the governor off. All models mentioned have the ability to "bypass" the governor. An operation to be done by highly trained automotive technicians. The "chip" allows some extra power, but not enough to give you the full potential of the engine. I don't even recommend putting an alternate computer in. In some case, it resulted in a fried wiring harness( yummy). Leave the tooling around to us professionals. Point is, even with governors on, people still buy imported cars over here. Some don't even know their car is restricted. High end cars are bought because the people with the money for them, care less about gas mileage, governors, insurance, etc. It's a status thing with them, and bragging rights. You think people won't buy the Bugatti because it's restricted? Guess again.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:29 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

im guessing you mean electronic restrictions not inlet size restrictions etc.
and in that case only the top end speed would be limited not the engines power so the car would have the same power output as a unrestricted one its just when it hits a certain speed ie say 220kmph the power is cut. thus there would be no use in adding a new computer like u said because the car would still cut out at the same speed, u would just need to remove the speed limiter part.

eg in trucks over here they are computer limited too 100kmph.
if the restrictor limited the engines power then it would have to limit the engine so an empty truck could only just reach 100 but then when loaded it would only make about 30kmph top speed.

the limiter is an addition to the car for imports then it would be easily removed by a knowledgeable person because it would be similar to an aftermarket addition in its instalation. also theyed be so common lots of people would want them removed even if illegal so lots of people would know how to remove them especially as all limiters probably operate on the same principals.lots of trucks have them removed

i guess they work by cutting out at a certain rpm in the top gear not by the speedo to make them harder to remove

if your so pro at removing them why cant you explain how thay work properly?

the few people who buy the bugatti in america if it is restricted i think they will know someone who can unrestrict it because even if the owner is motor stupid whoever looks after the car for them(ie services etc) wont be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.