Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-one Hawk mini

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-one Hawk mini

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 03:57 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 164 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
FUNNY because I order. a Mirage from PJ (Dirk) and shipping to an US address was very reasonable ..the price of the Jet increase a bit from a year ago but nit that much..
‘Different factory…and perhaps country, I think JC your come from Vietnam ??
Old 06-19-2022, 04:46 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

China
Old 06-19-2022, 05:36 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Would love to buy the kit honestly but man, the wait is just too long. Hopefully all will get better but if not then it is what it is.
I would get this one.

Last edited by ledd4u; 06-19-2022 at 06:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jcterrettaz (06-19-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 06:59 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by N4S
I had a Global Jet Club T-45 foamy. It crashed during maiden as I dropped the gears and banked left for a gear check prior to landing. I am not sure what caused the crash but one of my friends who was watching felt that I may have stalled it. I personally thought I had plenty of speed while making a gradual left turn.

Tone, would you please give us feedback regarding flight characteristics after your maiden flight?
So I finally had a chance to maiden my mini hawk today. I have to say. It flew extremely well and was a blast. My weight with tank empty and UAT full was 19.5lbs. I am using a Swiwin 80n for power and it performed extremely well. It has a pretty wide flight envelope and landed predictably. In flight, it was a bit more agile than I was expecting but by no means uncontrollable. It almost flew like a sport jet. With full flaps and dirty it decreased speed quickly and maintained stability for the landing. It impressed a number of turbine pilots at the field and I ended of answering alot of question about the model.

The only problem I had is the cover for the landing gear. On my fourth flight I heard a flapping noise so I landed. I ended up tracing the issue to the mounted gear covers on the wings. It looks like the force of the wind in flight caused the covers to open some and both cracked at the screw point. They came pre-mounted with the gear and appear to be screwed and glued to the gear itself. Apparently my glue did not take and only the screws held the cover on and this was not enough to keep the wind out. I will reach out to Dirk and find out if painted replacements are available.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mini hawk gear.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	2271911   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (5).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	2271912   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (6).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2271913   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (7).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	2271914  

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 06-21-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:47 PM
Saillfish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great flight report. Thanks! Did you go with all recommended setups, etc
Old 06-21-2022, 04:31 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Saillfish
Great flight report. Thanks! Did you go with all recommended setups, etc
I tend to like a little more aileron and a faster roll for the most part. I may have increased the aileron a bit but to be honest, I do not remember. However with the other control surfaces I stuck to the factory set up. They will be plenty. The plane comes with 75 mm wheels and will handle grass like a champ.
Thanks,
Tone

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 06-21-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:48 AM
N4S

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
So I finally had a chance to maiden my mini hawk today. I have to say. It flew extremely well and was a blast. My weight with tank empty and UAT full was 19.5lbs. I am using a Swiwin 80n for power and it performed extremely well. It has a pretty wide flight envelope and landed predictably. In flight, it was a bit more agile than I was expecting but by no means uncontrollable. It almost flew like a sport jet. With full flaps and dirty it decreased speed quickly and maintained stability for the landing. It impressed a number of turbine pilots at the field and I ended of answering alot of question about the model....
Tone, thanks for great write up! I plan to maiden mine Thursday and your write up is very encouraging!

Did you use factory CG of 160 mm? If so, did you have to add Wight to the nose? I am using a 3,200 Life battery and 2 of 2,200 Lipos for flight controls. I put a K-102 in it which is the same weight as K-85 but it is tail heavy and looks like I need to add weight.

Last edited by N4S; 06-27-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:28 PM
ledd4u

If your handy, remove them and make a copy. Then make them out of carbon fiber. Lay them up thick and you’ll be ok. Paint matching at an auto paint place.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:36 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by N4S
Tone, thanks for great write up! I plan to maiden mine Thursday and your write up is very encouraging!

Did you use factory CG of 160 mm? If so, did you have to add Wight to the nose? I am using a 3,200 Life battery and 2 of 2,200 Lipos for flight controls. I put a K-102 in it which is the same weight as K-85 but it is tail heavy and looks like I need to add weight.
I am using the factory cg. Had to and about 97grams of lead shot to the nose but the factory cg was not bad. I may remove a little of the lead shot in the future. I am not sure.

Originally Posted by ledd4u
If your handy, remove them and make a copy. Then make them out of carbon fiber. Lay them up thick and you’ll be ok. Paint matching at an auto paint place.
The stock ones are carbon fiber already. Just very thin carbon fiber. As i understand it they are working on thicker versions. I may try to lay these up thicker with more carbon or remove them until the replacements arrive.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 06-28-2022, 09:15 AM
N4S

I am using the factory cg. Had to and about 97grams of lead shot to the nose but the factory cg was not bad. I may remove a little of the lead shot in the future. I am not sure.

Tone
Thanks! Did you use any Flap to Elevator compensation? If so in which direction?
Old 06-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by N4S
Thanks! Did you use any Flap to Elevator compensation? If so in which direction?
I fly with Conditions which means I just trim out during the flight mode for normal, half and full flaps. That way the plane always feels the same. To be honest, I don't remember if I had to trim down or up for flaps as I flew three new planes the same day. Sorry. I do remember that it did not require alot of trim.
Tone
Old 06-29-2022, 12:55 PM
emart

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

mine requires some up trim with take off and landing flaps
Old 08-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Saillfish

Flew my mini hawk today. 3 flights. Set the elevator throw at the max travel. Recommend CG was perfect. Set flaps to manuals recommended throw. But mix in up with full landing flaps. Alot of it. Here is a picture of the amount I am using.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:43 PM
ledd4u

Maybe the black mark is wrong? If it’s flying correctly then change the black mark?
Old 08-16-2022, 05:39 PM
Saillfish

Maybe the black mark is wrong? If it’s flying correctly then change the black mark?
I believe you don't understand my post
Old 08-17-2022, 06:17 AM
Agrav8ed

The pic is the amount of elevator compensation he needed for full flaps.
Tone
The following users liked this post:
Saillfish (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 06:27 AM
ledd4u

I guess I don’t then. I’ve been wanting one but I ain’t paying the shipping from Fed-Ex. It’s just absolutely ridiculous. I have the Phoenix one in the box. But it’s no comparison to that one. I have two T-1’s and love the quality T-1 Models offers.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:48 PM
Saillfish

I guess I don’t then. I’ve been wanting one but I ain’t paying the shipping from Fed-Ex. It’s just absolutely ridiculous. I have the Phoenix one in the box. But it’s no comparison to that one. I have two T-1’s and love the quality T-1 Models offers.
​​​​​​
Tone answered your question. He is correct.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2023, 02:07 PM
Hornetrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I just made the maiden with my Mini Hawk with a K86 in it.
The CG was set to the mentioned 160mm and I must say that can‘t be right. Had nearly 2 crashes due to stall, making this setup hard to land with a decent speed.
To achieve the 160mm I already had to add 220gr in the nose and 2x 2s4500 lipo for rx and 1x 3s3000 lifepo for turbine.
Standing on the wheels with full or empty tank it feels tail heavy as at a certain point it does not rotate back to the front wheel. Also a lot of trim to the ailerons to the right was needed.

Have there been any changes in the geometry?
Did any of you change the CG during the season?

cheers
Ric
Old 10-25-2023, 05:28 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Hornetrider
Hi

I just made the maiden with my Mini Hawk with a K86 in it.
The CG was set to the mentioned 160mm and I must say that can‘t be right. Had nearly 2 crashes due to stall, making this setup hard to land with a decent speed.
To achieve the 160mm I already had to add 220gr in the nose and 2x 2s4500 lipo for rx and 1x 3s3000 lifepo for turbine.
Standing on the wheels with full or empty tank it feels tail heavy as at a certain point it does not rotate back to the front wheel. Also a lot of trim to the ailerons to the right was needed.

Have there been any changes in the geometry?
Did any of you change the CG during the season?

cheers
Ric
I am pretty sure I am at the factory CG. Mine flies great and is very stable. Here is the pic from my xicoy cg. Hopefully it helps.
thanks,
Tone

Old 10-26-2023, 08:41 AM
Hornetrider

HI Tone

thx.
This is odd.
My distances:
1. main to front wheel is 687mm.
2. Main to CG 22mm

If I would set it that way, the load on the front wheel would be arround 300gr, which is barely nothing and bellow 5% of the total weight.

Or am I missing something?

Ric
Ric
Old 10-26-2023, 07:07 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Hornetrider
HI Tone

thx.
This is odd.
My distances:
1. main to front wheel is 687mm.
2. Main to CG 22mm

If I would set it that way, the load on the front wheel would be arround 300gr, which is barely nothing and bellow 5% of the total weight.

Or am I missing something?

Ric
Ric
What do your numbers look like? Did you make sure that the jet was level when balancing? Did you check the mains to make sure they are fully extended? This are the numbers I used to obtain the factor cg. I had to add a some lead in the nose to make it work. My mini flies great. I moved the batties back a little after maiden but not much. I will say that on the ground sitting still, it seems a light on the nose. In the air it flies beautifully.
Thanks,
Tone
Old 11-03-2023, 05:35 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys.
Thinking of ordering one of these. What brand servos do you get with the PNP? If they're not a brand name wondering how they compare to MKS or Savox for quality, specifications and price. The PNP is an $895 option but that includes the lights and installation so just wondering how that compares to the nine servos required if you were to purchase them from MKS or Savox.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:28 AM
Hornetrider

What do your numbers look like? Did you make sure that the jet was level when balancing? Did you check the mains to make sure they are fully extended? This are the numbers I used to obtain the factor cg. I had to add a some lead in the nose to make it work. My mini flies great. I moved the batties back a little after maiden but not much. I will say that on the ground sitting still, it seems a light on the nose. In the air it flies beautifully.
Thanks,
Tone
Hey Tone
thanks for your support, Have setup the COG at 160mm an now it flyes great. But still the frond landing gear has very low load, but still able to control.
I used the Xicoy WLAN CG Meter, and a modified Digital CG Scale that I normaly use fro gliders. With this digital CG Scale the distance of CG from the leading edge is beeing displayed :-)

Cheers
Ric
Old 11-04-2023, 03:34 AM
Hornetrider

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Hi guys.
Thinking of ordering one of these. What brand servos do you get with the PNP? If they're not a brand name wondering how they compare to MKS or Savox for quality, specifications and price. The PNP is an $895 option but that includes the lights and installation so just wondering how that compares to the nine servos required if you were to purchase them from MKS or Savox.
Thanks.
Hey,
I use KST servos. They fit pretty well.
1x KST BLS825 (Elev)
5x KST X15-1208 (Flaps, Rudder, Main Gear Door)
3x KST X10 (AIL, Front Gear Door)

MKS is surely a good choice too.

BR
Ric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.