Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Red Bull plane swap

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Red Bull plane swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 10:34 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

The news reported today that the FAA has revoked the pilot's licenses of the two pilots involved in this. I did some digging and this is what I came up with on the FAA's website. On other sites (not the FAA's, websites of lawyers & such that came up in my search) it was said that someone with a revoked license can reapply in a year, but I didn't find that anywhere on the FAA's website.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...cement_actions
Old 05-13-2022, 02:41 PM
Ray S.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

14 CFR 61.13(d)(2) is the regulation that says that someone who has their FAA certificate revoked can reapply (start over) after one year.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:34 AM
fiyijib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Red Bull tunnel flight, where a pilot flew a plane through a tunnel in Turkey, was indeed a daring and highly publicized stunt. In such cases, it's common for the organizers to seek approval from the relevant aviation authorities to ensure that all safety protocols are in place. For this event, it's likely that The Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Turkey (DGCA) was consulted or involved in the planning and approval process. Given the scale and potential risks of the stunt, it would be surprising if the authorities were not at least informed or involved in the oversight.