Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME 55 Extreme

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME 55 Extreme

Kris^. You are kidding right? Let's see. Where do I start.

"If Keith had not announced that he was DEVELOPING this engine 2 years ago, and you were all sitting there fat, dumb, and happy. . would this thread even exist?"

The answer is no. Why? Because we wouldn't be sitting here fat,dumb, and happy. Instead we would be out flying our planes with the DA 50 we would have bought months ago.

"yet you all expect that BME will slam out new designs and engines as fast as the competitors."

That's also a joke right? The waiting list is over a year long. It was announced 2 YEARS ago.

"why YOU didn't get YOUR engine when YOU wanted it, why why why (waahhh I want it NOW. . whimper whimper whimper tantrum and destructive throwing fit."

Now I'm REALLY rolling on the floor. Cmon Kris. Let's be realistic.

"Fourth, BME has two guys working there"
Was it you or Keith that claimed to have put on more people to help with production/service. (i don't feel like looking up the thread) I will look later.

"Personally, I'm surprised he puts up with as much as he does, but he has a lot more patience than I do. . . "

Now I know your just kidding. I ordered a 110Xtreme against my better judgement. I did it again with the 55. For a long time now, people have endured XTREMELY slow service and misleading delivery dates. Personally I'm surprised that WE put up with as much as we do.

Kris^. Your entire response was pure Hogwash. Sorry.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Just like this entire thread, . . .hogwash.

You guys need a healthy dose of reality.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:40 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

amen crash90, kris Keith may "BUSY" as you say but like you said "back to reality"every other working person in here is too, we want to spend our money on something we can use. But a person will be retired by the time they get the XTREME 55,, [sm=surprised.gif]
Old 01-08-2004, 10:33 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Let me ask you all something. If Keith had not announced that he was DEVELOPING this engine 2 years ago, and you were all sitting
there fat, dumb, and happy. . would this thread even exist?
You bet it would.....It was my understanding in SEP/OCT 2002 that the engines were to be ready EARLY 2003.....Those were
KEITH'S words.......He not only as you stated said he was DEVELOPING the engine, but also that it would be ready soon.

Lastly, BME is a "small business", and I do mean SMALL. They have a great product that is currently the cutting edge in its market,
but that does not mean that they will ever satisfy everyone. Keith knows people are frustrated and impatient .. calling him up and telling
him about it doesn't help much.

This does nothing for the people that have tried to wait and refrain from buying another engine to get a plane in the air....It
wouldn't be so bad except we keep getting these "OH IT WILL BE DONE IN ANOTHER MONTH OR SO".....that or so is becoming

or SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
Old 01-08-2004, 11:01 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Actually, at this point in time, the BEST thing Keith could do is make a statement and let us all know when he HONESTLY thinks the engine will be ready.....If he really feels another 2 months is good, then I am sure most of us can wait, but if he thinks it will be another 8 months, some may want to go ahead and get a different engine
Old 01-09-2004, 12:29 AM
jongurley

but if he thinks it will be another 8 months, some may want to go ahead and get a different engine as you quoted jeff(captain232) this is the reason why he will not tell everyone the truth about the 8 months, he is afraid he will lose all of those sales...[X(]
Old 01-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I would think now that the 55X is designed and being tested that the BME 50 would be discontinued and he could focus the time it takes to manufacturer those 40-50 engines per week on working and manufacturing the BME 55X. I am sure people would much rather have a BME 55X then the older BME 50 right?

Either way, its got to be hard and I wish Keith the best of luck. I really like that 110 and maybe one day when I can afford it I will buy one[8D]
Old 01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BME makes great engines!!!!! I got my first 44 to go on my Aeroworks Edge back when I showed up at the field and NOBODY had even heard of a plane called an Edge! ("What kind of plane is that? It looks kinda like an Extra"- You get the idea of how long ago that was) I bought my BME from the LHS who was one of the few dealers at the time. Took 4+ months to get back then. Never got mine-- A local let me have his becaues his airframe was not ready and mine was. (The more things change-- the more they stay the same) Are we talking about BME or Dave Patrick????? I get confused.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:25 AM
GoldenEagle

Since I started this blurb, I'll wrap it up from my perspective. After deciding to order the DA50 for my GP Eagle, I had to wait a few weeks for the next production run. The big difference was that when I was told by DA that the engine would be ready in four weeks - by god, I had it AT MY DOOR in four weeks!!! Beautiful piece of work: engine and ignition doesn't look like something I cobbled up in my garage (unlike my BME) , mounted on the plane with minimal hassle (unlike my BME), and if it runs as well out of the box, with no ignition problems (unlike my BME) as another DA50 I'm familar with at my club, I'll be very pleased indeed.

Next engine for next project: DA100, no question.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:16 AM
jongurley

TELL IT TELL IT AMEN[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 01-09-2004, 10:55 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Kris^

DA has about 8-10 times the resources of BME, 3W probably 50-100 times as much, yet you all expect that BME will slam out new designs and engines as fast as the competitors.

Maybe they should think about expanding their staff. That would be better than going out of business due to loss of reputation in the marketplace.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:16 AM
DanS

When I worked for my Ol Man many years ago we would tell our customers a realistic date they could expect delivery. We always added a certain number of days "just in case". We ended up using those extra days many times, but you know what? The customer still got it when they expected it. If we didn't use the extra time they got it "early" and were very happy. I don't question the quality of BME products or the work ethic of the people at BME but I would expect that they would offer an honest release date. When people feel like they are being strung along they start to lose faith in that business and go elseware. Good reputations are hard to earn, bad reputations are easy. In the service we refer to that as the "one screw up cancels 10 at a boys" syndrome.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:26 PM
JRozman-delete
My Feedback: (2)

Post removed by Moderator.