Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

CHeap man's brakes??

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

CHeap man's brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Gaui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CHeap man's brakes??

Flyboy

Those ARE the main tires. You would have one on each tire and then route the string to a servo. When the string is pulled, the lever is pushed on top of the tire, thus slowing the plane down.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:25 AM
RichLockyer

The string could also be routed to the elevator servo. "Up" elevator (for a taildragger) or "Down" elevator (for a trike) could actuate the brakes. No effect on takeoff since you aren't applying very much elevator.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:14 PM
zetor
My Feedback: (2)

I thought I would put a piece of fuel tubing between the front wheel and the collar and it ate up my hub pretty bad.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:22 PM
BingoFlyer

Ed Kazmiski (sp) used the same method as Gaui showed in his post, on his Taurus in the early 60s, it worked on the mains using full up trim (back then that required an additional servo) the loop on the end that contacted the tire had a piece of fuel tubing on it. I have used used this method on several planes but use a servo dedicated to braking and it works great and very low cost.