Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Iceman1979
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

Sorry
I am waiting on my mejzlik 20X10 to come in from DA. I had a wood Scimitar profile master airscrew on it for this past weekend but I didn't get any numbers. I will tach it this weekend with the mejzlik on it. I am using 92 octane fuel with 40:1 mixture on the oil.

I will keep you posted.

thanks

oops!
I am using the zenoah oil
Old 03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Iceman1979

I will agree that I probly didn't handle the situation the best that I could.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Crash King
My Feedback: (24)

OK Ice, Just DON'T FORGET THE TACH this weekend,
Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read through this thread. Man! There went ten minutes I'll never get back.

My conclusion : The original rant should have been noted and ignored. I wish I had.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 03-03-2004, 04:23 PM
foxx
My Feedback: (2)

I think RC Showcase is a very good company but it is growing faster than the management can respond. This is almost always true with any growing small business. The first responsibility of a company should always be costumer service not sales (shutting down the business and going to WRAM show to sell more) . More sells is always more exciting than listening to customer problems. In my experience sometimes the customers such as iceman become irrational because they feel they were mistreated.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:58 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Sorry to hear about what happened. I've bought several items from them and they've always been right on time. I bought a couple of zdz 80 engines, 1 of which had a bent propshaft. I called and next thing I had a new one at no charge. Bought a muffler, it was the wrong one, they exchanged it no problem. Bought a zdz 160, couldn't get it to keep running, called, they asked me if I wanted to trouble shoot it before sending it in. They had me check a couple of things, turned out that the gasket between the phenolic block and and block for the carb was reversed and the vaccume wasn't working to operate the carb. I was trying to run smoke on the zdz 160 and was using tygon for the smoke mufflers (I know :^), I called and asked what line they were using and mike sent me at his expense the line and paid the shipping too!!! Another time I asked them about the pensoil, they gave me some, etc etc etc....
Just my experiences with them. I wish the price hadn't gone up on the zdz 80, I'd like to have another.....

Jon
Old 03-03-2004, 06:18 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

May I shed a different light here....Iceman...you said you forgot it was Presidents day right...well....what if in the confusion of your order(that in my best guess would have been right if you would have seen your oversight), but what if they merely forgot, or miscommunicated a few things also, like.....it was ground shipping instead of AIR, or ...missed your message for some strange reason, or someone was out of the office sick.....or.....maybe all of the above. I guess I don't take things to serious...and yes I've waited impatiently for things also, actually waited for 3months shipment after paying for my BME, but I knew it was coming....why was that ..? I talked to someone...placed the order with a real person......AND>>>>>>>>&gt ;>KNEW FOR FACT I HAD MONEY IN THE BANK!!! not, placing the order before my deposit posted for sure. Dude....you didnt' even have your money......that was the start of it.
It's a hobby...and it takes time for some things.......RELAX.....it's alright. Really...I really dont think they took your order and shipped it whenever they felt it was time...
Old 03-03-2004, 06:25 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

What I hate is when you place an order then when it doesn't come you finally find out 1 thing in the order is out of stock and back ordered!!!!!!!! and they didn't ship everything else that you need because they're waiting on the back ordered item, ackkk.

Jon
Old 03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Iceman1979

Glad to hear you had a good experience. I imagine that they have had good customer service in the past otherwise they would not have gotten an award at the WRAM show. I wish that others and myself had received the same good CS from them as well.

Thanks for the reply
Old 03-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Iceman1979

I don't think they messed up my order on purpose.

I got frustrated when I didn't get a response to my several phone calls and e-mails over a 2-week period. I didn't leave several messages a day bugging them. I left maybe 2 or 3 messages on the phone and only two e-mails. I was patient with them. What sparked all this was when I informed the owner what was going on I got a rude call the next day by Mike. It was like I got him trouble and he took it out on me and that’s the way it came across. That’s why I posted my experience

Thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 09:21 PM
aeroflyer

I was at the wram show and met some of the people from rc showcase . I found them to be very friendly . Later I bought a motor from them and upon looking threw the box this past weekend 2/ 28 I discovered the paperwork was missing. One email message requesting the missing documents was all that was needed. The mailman delivered the packet today. I am very pleased.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:28 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

I to talked to them at the WRAM show and found them to be very polite people. They answered all my questions without hesitation both times I stopped by. I don't think shipping the contents the wrong method is much of a problem, yea they could have refunded all the money or given you credit, but you did receive the service.
What I found interesting was they brought engines to sell at the show and didn't bring any method of accepting credit cards. Cash was all they were willing to take and for products that cost that much I found it hard to carry cash on hand. Otherwise you order and pay shipping when they return. Hard to save money that way.
Oh well, I will get one eventually.
V-Snap
Old 03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Highflightld

I too have bought several items from RC Showcase, visited with them on the phone and have even been to their place of operations in Maryland, and its a top notch operation. They have always been very helpful. We as modelers should be very thankful that these businesses are there for us to have access to these products. Their engines are the best on the market and are priced for th budget, but putting all that aside, the performance of the ZDZ engines will perform as good or better than all the rest. I think that sometimes we think this is a forum to throw stones and run others down. THere is not a RC supply company out there that has a perfict sales and service record. We could by complaining drive them all away and then where would we be. My hats off to RC Showcase, Hobby Lobby and others and to RCUniverse for providing a service to our HOBBY, that we might enjoy life just a little better. Happy landings.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Stagwing

take it from an old air traffic controller,life is too short for this kind of attitude about a hobby, Ice. Ever try decaf...
Stagwing
Old 03-22-2004, 09:23 PM
chtalbert
My Feedback: (3)

I have had a similar situation with RC Showcase this month. However, the end result was a little better than your experience. I had a problem with my ZDZ80 and needed some repairs. Since I had just purchased another big plane, I decided to go ahead and order a second 80 so I wouldn't miss the weekend flying. I ordered the new 80 online and asked for Red "overnight" delivery. Right after I punched the "confirm order" button, I realized the card they had on file was no longer in my wallet. The new card had arrived and it had a different account number. I called and left a message early in the AM, and quickly got a call from Mike asking for clarification. He changed the credit card info and said it would ship out that day for delivery the next day.

No engine arrived on the next day, so I emailed and called to get a tracking number. Mike responded quickly and appologed for an error he uncovered...they shipped it ground. I'm not going to say what Mike did to make it right, but I was very satisfied. It sucked to loose the weekend...especially when I had a new plane I was anxious to fly...but stuff happens.

In the meantime, I had sent in my other 80 that needed some work only to find out their mechanic just left the shop to pursue another opportunity. Now, Mike is having to handle everything. He has kept in contact to let me know they haven't forgot about me...I hoping to get that engine back sooner rather than later.

In the end, I think they are probably a little thin in the support department right now...but I think they really do want to do the right thing for customers.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Iceman1979

Thanks for the post. You're probly right.

Thanks
John
Old 03-23-2004, 10:53 AM
airbatic

Had you handled the money part correctly in the first place...

Kraus
Old 03-23-2004, 11:15 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had nothing but good experience with RCS. I bought a ZDZ210. I got it in 3 days. When I got it, the carb throttle arm had gotten broken off. I called Mike, and he said, and did, ship a brand new carb out to me the next day, and I got it in 2 days. I asked if he wanted me to send the broken carb back, and he said just return it when the new one arrives. Now that's honesty and trust. Then I spoke with him at leat 6 times on how to operate the engine (break-in, etc&gt, without ruining it. He was poilt the whole time, and always answered every question. Then I had a prop get damaged in shipping. Same story...easy exchange. i guess anyone can have a bad experience with a company from time to time. But appears here it may be based on communication and erros, not bad operating practices....unlike CJM....but that's another thread.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

I’d like to touch on a point that hasn’t been brought up yet. Most of the folks who get into the business of providing RC related products are Hobbyists that saw an opportunity to start their own business and try to make a living at it. I emphasize that they are HOBBYISTS who are attempting to become BUSINESSMEN(or WOMEN).
Not everyone can run a business. Some folks are naturals and do all the right things, others take a while to learn (usually by their mistakes) and still others can be in “business†for decades and never really acquire the skills that are necessary to run a business well. One thing we should be thankful for is that there are folks like RCS or Dave Patrick or Desert Aircraft or KMP and countless others who are willing to take the risk, sometimes at the expense of losing their lifes’ savings, to supply us with the products that make this hobby so much fun. Yes, some of the smaller suppliers have their problems, but I think the value they bring to the hobby is worth putting up with some “minor†aggravation from time to time.

Keep Smiling!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
IanB
My Feedback: (1)

I really dont understand why the guy at the start of this post is pissed off............why the HECK would he ask for a full refund of all shipping is TOTALLY beyond me...........WHATEVER!!

Leave RCS alone they do a GREAT JOB!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:51 PM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Iceman1979

I will agree that I probly didn't handle the situation the best that I could.

Thanks

An understatement.......
Old 04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
wayneparrish
My Feedback: (16)

Well, i hate to be the bearer of bad news ,BUT, I also have found that it is next to impossible to get "MIKE" to return a call or e-mail !!!!!! I Left a message and e-mail on Monday the 5 th of this month ( april) of which I was told by recording that they would be back on Tuesday and someone would be back in touch. I exp;lained that I had a NEW 215 RADAL that had a tendency to lock up after it quit on the 3rd .This engine only has between 3 and 4 gallons of fuel thru it .I waited till Thursday evening and NO ONE had called or e-mailed back.I called again on Friday the 9th and expressed my displeasure that I had a 2600 dollar piece of unusable engine and no one would return a phone call !!! About 2 pm on the 9th (friday) MIKE "E-MAILED" me to let me know to send it back and they would take a look at it. I shipped it the evening of the 9 th and it arrived in their shop at 12 pm on tuesday. Dave Garrison e-mailed me the first of the week and told me they would take care of me,not to worry.He said he was not going to be there on Thursday-Friday but he would have a big note for MIKE to look at the engine first thing and get back to me Thursday am. NEEDLESS TO SAY,MIKE hasn't returned a call and its 4:50 est. I ahve left messages ,but you never get a return phone call .I figured that a man that spends 500 dollars or one that spends 2700 should at least get a return phone call. I can tell you this, the ones that have had such good luck with RCS,stand by them because they have certainly gotten the last dollar from me. I have a big Pitts that i was going to put another 215 radial on, BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WHAT A BUSINESS SHOULD BE LOOKING AFTER FIRST,BUT IN THIS CASE I AM AFRAID ITS NOT HAPPENING. By the way,mine is not an isolated case in the Ral NC area with NO return correspondence from RCS. I think David Garrison means well,but he needs to look at his employess and see if there is a better way to do business. Wayne Parrish
Old 04-15-2004, 04:31 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe Mike is on vacation - really -I also tried to call him and was told that he needed some time away -
Not making excuses - just noting that he likely hasn't gotten your message yet.
Having run my own business for many years - I know that these things happen -- not desireable - but they happen.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Just another 2 cents worth here.
I have never had a problem getting an answer from them, they always seem to go out of their way to help. Mike is a nice guy and nice to deal with.

But.... Some days you are the Dog and others you are the fire hydrant..... ##it happens to the best of us.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

I had great service from them. I purchased a header and motor mount from them. One day later, I decided to go a different route, and called them to cancel my order. The order had already shipped. Mike said to send the items back and he would refund my money. Which he did. He didn't have to just because I changed my mind.

Some day I will own another ZDZ 80 because the last one was excellent and so is the service.

Pugs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.