Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone had any trouble with BVM UATS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone had any trouble with BVM UATS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Anyone had any trouble with BVM UATS

Guys, Ollie stated in his first post that the UAT has no air in it after the shut down, therfore it must be full of fuel. This would eliminate the air leak theory. A friend of mine was having similar problems with his Roo, the motor would quit at almost the exact same time every flight. After some tinkering and many flameouts we discovered his vent in one of the tanks was restrictive and causing cavitation.
V..
Old 05-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Vicent as I missed the "P.S."

Good info anyway.

Kerry S.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Ollie Bloor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys stil trying to find my problem using all your help and also Ian r yes my dad is rob

the engine is the wren mw54 with the upgrade comporessor and tail cone
vent pipes are clear etc
Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Ian R

Hi Ollie

Pleased your dad has given the sticks over to you !! Miss the laughs we had on our trips to Belgium.

Is he still flying models or is the fullsize taking his time.

As to the other problems you having.

You are getting plenty of good advice here on this thread.

The only other thing is to talk to Wren. I fly Jetcat so I am not familiar with the Wren set-up or it's ECU but my money is a leak between the UAT and the turbine somewhere, festo or the tubing. sorry I cannot be of more help

All the best

Ian R
Sedgemoor Club
Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As Mark mentioned, I have seen every kind of leak from the suction side. I would strongly suggests getting rid of all festos, I have for a long time now.

I have seen tiny leaks on the suction side that admitted air bibles so tiny you could almost not discern them. The fuel just started to have a slight cloudy appearance. The end result was unexplained power reduction. Very hard to find this kind of leak. It was from a hairline crack on a brass fuel tank fitting, would not leak at all until the turbine was running.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Ollie Bloor

Hi Ian how you doin aint sin you for ages.Where have you been? Hope you are well. Yes I have been pushed into the background now that Ollie is flying jets I dont get a look in I'm flying a wren powered F15 at the moment with the avonds bifurcated pipe Iam getting a bit more thrust than afan but john wright from wren is going to make me a pipe that will give me more thrust. yes I miss Genk a lot Whats happened to all the crowd I don't see anyone any more and haven't seen you at ajet meet for ages

kind regards Rob
Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

As Mark mentioned, I have seen every kind of leak from the suction side. I would strongly suggests getting rid of all festos, I have for a long time now.

I have seen tiny leaks on the suction side that admitted air bibles so tiny you could almost not discern them. The fuel just started to have a slight cloudy appearance. The end result was unexplained power reduction. Very hard to find this kind of leak. It was from a hairline crack on a brass fuel tank fitting, would not leak at all until the turbine was running.

My festo shut ooff valve is between the UAT and pump. On a test run today before this weekends flying I got air leak bubbles that could not be missed. Reset the fuel lines to the valve and all is well for now. Just no canopy on starts will view fuel system though start.