Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

New C-130 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
c130nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New C-130 Project

Do you know what brand it is.. ex... palmer or skip mast plans?
Old 01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
rcmiket

There's another set of plans for a 130 by Dick Sarpolus from back in 1980. The plans were in Flying Models Mag. We built 2 and I'm in the process of redoing mine as a AC-130 as the Coast Guard colors were looking a bit ragged out after 6 years. The plane had a built up wing and a foam fuse glassed over. I seemed like a lot of work but really builds fast and it alot cheaper than some of the kits out there. It flys on 2- 40's inboard and 2 -35's outboard. No retracts but it really is a good looking plane. Wing span 7ft 7 inch lenght 5ft. 2 inch. I'll post some more pictures as I get a bit further along with the rehab. Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52068.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	223323  
Old 01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
nc-rc-pilot

do not know how the plans are by that the plain was started from
Old 02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
ELTIGRE

OLD c-130 Crew Chief here.

The Flying models plans are pretty good especially for their time. C-130's fly the pattern mostly gear down anyway so it saves a lot of hassle &complexity to just have 'em fixed. The Skip Mast version(M.A.N.) nose gear is 99% scale in action. The mains , to keep some sanity are maybe 75% scale . from the out side you'll hardly tell the difference. full size are on 4 jackscrews & tied by torque struts fore &aft to each other.each side goes up &down together (or not at all).left side starts first. I can't imagine a C-130 with a bomb bay yet in the floor . the fuselage is weak enough with the cargo ramp &door cutouts.floor panels are very much part of the integral strength of the fuselage.