Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

I wanna beat a revo with my savage .25 help!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hpi ribbed pipe
33.33%
Tsais Badboy
11.11%
Hpi Polished Pipe
22.22%
other
33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

I wanna beat a revo with my savage .25 help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
ed260z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wanna beat a revo with my savage .25 help!!!!!

I was just checking out your pic. The problem is not keeping the carb closed, it's opening it all the way. The spring in the servo saver is weaker than the stock return spring, so it gives before it's all the way open. Take the filter off and pull the trigger on the remote. If the slide piston opens to the point where you can't see it your fine. If not lose the spring.
PS:
DO NOT do this mod. if you don't have a FAIL SAFE. If you don't have a Fail Safe get one you need it anyway.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Mako3

lol of course I have a fail safe its a VSF and yea i checked it so it does open all the way i actually got his mod from the hpiracing.com forum it helps apply more power to the brakes and I still get full throttle its pretty smart. Alright so your saying I should buy that ofna shoe clutch and that will help me beat a revo? Also what about buying the 2 to 4 gear conversion for my diffs and I wanna know if this pipe is better than the hpi ribbed pipe?

Thanks,
Mako3
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87272.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	216543  
Old 01-17-2005, 06:43 PM
ed260z

It looks as if it's the same pipe as the HPI one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's made by the same company. If the price is similar I'd get the HPI version. (just because) As far as the 4 gear conversion goes, it won't make you any faster just more durable. And your Savage looks mostly Stock, so I'd wait until you kill the stock ones first. Besides that frees up some money for a hotter engine. I have the 4 gear diff, but my truck is heavyer than stock (by about 3lbs) and has a high powered motor.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Mako3

alright thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Mako3

so the hpi ribbed pipe is the best pipe for more speed?