Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Composite-Arf thread disappeared again

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite-Arf thread disappeared again

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:18 PM
B727200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf thread disappeared again

i am sorry but this is B....S we are here to see new things and what ARF-Composite have to show or Skymaster i like it! same thing happen to JetJoe!

My guess they are not from the Big and Bad USA!

Really this place is going down, and i am sad about it.....

i use to read this site and be happy! not anymore..........
Old 05-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really this place is going down, and i am sad about it.....

i use to read this site and be happy! not anymore..........
Everyone has choices, and this is one of them. If you are happier on RCGroups, then why come here?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:32 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentleman,

This is about the 4th thread I'm actually going to explain AGAIN what happened. If you do a search you will see why this occured but here it is again and for those who come late to the party please point to any one of the threads which explain this.

First off any modeler who doesn't make money in this rc industry or gain benefits by being a sponsored pilot or a rep can say ANYTHING they want ANYTIME as long as it is RC related. There are no restrictions on "modelers" but there are some restrictions which were recently loosened up to allow companies and their disciples to post information/news on RCU. These rules are simple & clear and posted in our policies. You can read the policies by clicking the link for them in the notes above the posting boxes or find the rules at the top of our forums. They are linked all over the place.

For those who don't want to click the basic rule is devised for 2 reasons. One to limit this site getting overrun with spam and second to be fair to paying advertisers who support and keep the lights on here at RCU so we can continue to provide the support and services that each of you enjoys.

Non-advertisers get 1 announcement/news thread per month in the appropriate forum here to let modelers know about a new product or just important news. Advertisers get 1 every two weeks maximum. Simple & easy. This keeps spam under control and is fair to advertisers. In practice this is extremely fair since very few companies roll out 12 products a year that are new and even fewer come out with 24!

The thread in question was removed because the new thread created announcing the product made exceeded the 1 per month rule. Matter of fact there were about 4 new thread announcements created in the last 45 days or so and as such it wasn't even "close" to what an advertiser here would be allowed to do! I stated that I informed schroedm that I removed his posts but there was a bug that I'm still working on that is not notifying the thread starter of the removed post even though I sent the notice and reason. I notified him manually afterwards though to avoid confusion and point out the rule for which he was unaware of.

I hopefully will speak with Andreas this week and find out why he pulled his ads and support completely from RCU. Even if they do resume advertising one day they, as an advertiser, could post no more than one announcement every 2 weeks in a forum. On the other side of this however they could run ads in our forums of new products driving "modelers" to their website and informing them quickly of new products, prices, ordering info, etc. The system works if everyone follows these rules which appear to have a good balance.

p.s. as far as SJN post removed I did not do it and am still looking into it. If he was not a employee/shareholder/rep/sponsor/shill for comp-arf it should have not been removed and may have been removed in error if he does not qualify for any of those monikers...
Old 05-11-2005, 10:50 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update...the SJN removal was in fact an error since he is not affiliated w/CA. I had given instructions to the moderators to just keep an eye out for extra posts that went outside the 1 per month announcement limit for non-advertising companies and somewhere there was a miscommunication along the way in my message. Apologies for the mistake.