Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 06:59 PM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Legend F-15 Kit

Hey guys,

To answer some of the posted questions:

Robarts 630 retracts will fit this kit, and I was planning on using my jetcat P80.

There is no manual, but a well laid out set of plans showing you all the locations for the servos, linkages, formers, mounts, spares, pipe, fuel tanks, turbine location hinges, C.G. etc. The plans are very legible, and are labeled in English.

The canopy isn’t smoked, it’s clear. The photo has the black cockpit tub under it making it look tinted.

Hope this helps...

Steven T.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steven,

So does this mean you're not getting the Y/A F-15???

Hey, that pipe doesn't look like the SM split pipes I've seen. How does it close-up-compare to the Tam split pipe you have?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Hey Shaun,

Sorry about the y/a F-15 order, I'll try for next year when I can afford to upgrade to a jetcat p120.

The tam pipe on my y/a f-18(single) is much better the the JL pipe that came with their F-15 kit. But I don't think I'll have any problems with only a p-80 on the JL pipe.
Do you think the y/a scale gears will fit this F-15? It so, I WILL be placing an order soon for them...

My wife just looked over my shoulder, and saw your son's photo on your header. She asked me "why our son photo isn't on mine"... I keep telling her she not allowed to view RCU

Steven T.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:31 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SO WHATS GOING ON HERE

I HAVE IT PROGRAMED TO START A NEW POST FOR THIS PLANE AND THIS IS A VERY GOOD APROTUNITY

>>>>>>>THIS F-15 IS E X A C L Y THE SAME AS MY SKYMASTER F-15 <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;

EVERY WOOD PART OF IT HAS THE SAME SHAPE

any way i dont know why im mad about this.....

George,

I think you miss what happen here. This is summary for my posts for the Jetlegend/ Spark issue in the other threads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Skymaster designed the F-15, F-18C, Gripen, Jet Legend/ Spark are selling, and it is selling the designs without authorization.

2. Skymaster and our dealers will not be liable for any damages, support and provide any accessories for these planes.

3. We hope that everyone will support Skymaster in this act of deceit by these companies, support copyright.

4. Skymaster paid for the tooling, and own the right to design. we have written contract (contract copy provided to Marc, President of RCU)

5. Skymaster is NOT Spark agent. Skymaster design and OEM production in Spark in the past (2003 to 2004). Skymaster own the copyright of planes in contract. It's clear who make up story about this. If Jetlegend/ Spark thought Skymaster is there "agent", please show contract or any written paper to prove.

6. Anton, owner of Skymaster design and test flight all the Skymaster planes. In fact, he teach Spark's engineers from start turbine to fly a jet. NO ONE in Spark can even start a turbine before Anton teach. Therefore, I believe the fact of who designed plane is very clear.

7. Skymaster filed lawsuit for issue.

8. Rumors claim that the reason that Spark is selling the planes is that Skymaster failed to pay them for the planes in order to compensate for their losses. If you use your common sense, you will figure out that this makes no sense. I have a few points for you to think about.
a. If Spark already produced the planes in which they claim we did not pick up, why would they not only have a ARF form, but also Kit? All of Skymaster products are only ARFs. Obviously, these were not the ones we ordered.

b. As many people we recall, we had a lot of planes out of stock and on back order earlier this year. We discontinued ordering from Spark earlier this year. If we have so many back orders, why would we not pick these planes up and make a profit?

c. If they claim that Skymaster failed to pay for these planes, why are they not making efforts to collect the payment legally or physically. We have already hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit against Spark for illegally using our designs.

d. The rumor also claims that Skymaster has financial problems. However, if you haven’t noticed, Skymaster has continuously been growing over the past couple years. Even recently, we just had a couple of new planes introduced to the market. If we have financial problems and were unable to pay Spark, where would Skymaster find the funds to develop new planes?

e. We did have our products OEMed from Spark over a year (from 2003 t0 2004) (which means we provided the design and they manufactured the products for us). We had too many quality issues with the company, so we discontinued using their services because they couldn’t pass our quality inspections. This is the reason we decided to manufacture on our own, is to maintain our quality standards.

Hopefully these things will clear up these issues.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:43 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Lets give Jet Ledgends a chance and use Steven as a test case maybe their story is true , and prehaps SM has been over charging for their product, who knows .
yea, i'll give the guy selling $2 counterfeit CDs and $3 DVDs a chance too .... [>:] ... if you buy from a counterfeiter, you become a thief yourself ... I myself will not participate in this theivery ... Maybe next time one of you get a jet stollen from your trailer or garage, i will look for the guy who stole it to buy it from him at a bargain price ......

I wonder if all you unscrupulous modelers would have the same attitide towards jet legend if it was BVM's ARFs they were ripping of ... in this case its Skymaster .. so whats the diference ???

shame on you all !!

Wojtek
Old 10-15-2005, 07:47 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Steven,

So does this mean you're not getting the Y/A F-15???

Hey, that pipe doesn't look like the SM split pipes I've seen. How does it close-up-compare to the Tam split pipe you have?
Shaun,

Looks like we need provide better customer service and quality products for customer.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

ORIGINAL: wojtek

Lets give Jet Ledgends a chance and use Steven as a test case maybe their story is true , and prehaps SM has been over charging for their product, who knows .
yea, i'll give the guy selling $2 counterfeit CDs and $3 DVDs a chance too .... [>:] ... if you buy from a counterfeiter, you become a thief yourself ... I myself will not participate in this theivery ... Maybe next time one of you get a jet stollen from your trailer or garage, i will look for the guy who stole it to buy it from him at a bargain price ......

I wonder if all you unscrupulous modelers would have the same attitide towards jet legend if it was BVM's ARFs they were ripping of ... in this case its Skymaster .. so whats the diference ???

shame on you all !!

Wojtek
So...you KNOW what Skymaster says is true? Because SKYMASTER told you so?
Or maybe what SPARKS says is true.
You don't know.
Enough already.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SO WHATS GOING ON HERE

I HAVE IT PROGRAMED TO START A NEW POST FOR THIS PLANE AND THIS IS A VERY GOOD APROTUNITY

>>>>>>>THIS F-15 IS E X A C L Y THE SAME AS MY SKYMASTER F-15 <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;

EVERY WOOD PART OF IT HAS THE SAME SHAPE

any way i dont know why im mad about this.....

George,

I think you miss what happen here. This is summary for my posts for the Jetlegend/ Spark issue in the other threads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Skymaster designed the F-15, F-18C, Gripen, Jet Legend/ Spark are selling, and it is selling the designs without authorization.

2. Skymaster and our dealers will not be liable for any damages, support and provide any accessories for these planes.

3. We hope that everyone will support Skymaster in this act of deceit by these companies, support copyright.

4. Skymaster paid for the tooling, and own the right to design. we have written contract (contract copy provided to Marc, President of RCU)

5. Skymaster is NOT Spark agent. Skymaster design and OEM production in Spark in the past (2003 to 2004). Skymaster own the copyright of planes in contract. It's clear who make up story about this. If Jetlegend/ Spark thought Skymaster is there "agent", please show contract or any written paper to prove.

6. Anton, owner of Skymaster design and test flight all the Skymaster planes. In fact, he teach Spark's engineers from start turbine to fly a jet. NO ONE in Spark can even start a turbine before Anton teach. Therefore, I believe the fact of who designed plane is very clear.

7. Skymaster filed lawsuit for issue.

8. Rumors claim that the reason that Spark is selling the planes is that Skymaster failed to pay them for the planes in order to compensate for their losses. If you use your common sense, you will figure out that this makes no sense. I have a few points for you to think about.
a. If Spark already produced the planes in which they claim we did not pick up, why would they not only have a ARF form, but also Kit? All of Skymaster products are only ARFs. Obviously, these were not the ones we ordered.

b. As many people we recall, we had a lot of planes out of stock and on back order earlier this year. We discontinued ordering from Spark earlier this year. If we have so many back orders, why would we not pick these planes up and make a profit?

c. If they claim that Skymaster failed to pay for these planes, why are they not making efforts to collect the payment legally or physically. We have already hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit against Spark for illegally using our designs.

d. The rumor also claims that Skymaster has financial problems. However, if you haven’t noticed, Skymaster has continuously been growing over the past couple years. Even recently, we just had a couple of new planes introduced to the market. If we have financial problems and were unable to pay Spark, where would Skymaster find the funds to develop new planes?

e. We did have our products OEMed from Spark over a year (from 2003 t0 2004) (which means we provided the design and they manufactured the products for us). We had too many quality issues with the company, so we discontinued using their services because they couldn’t pass our quality inspections. This is the reason we decided to manufacture on our own, is to maintain our quality standards.

Hopefully these things will clear up these issues.
Isin't there some rule here to keep vendors from advertising their own products on threads started about OTHER people's products?
You have posted your side about three times already. We heard that.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:00 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

shame on you all !!

Wojtek
Being that Tam, BVM, and Cermark, all do business with Sparks, I guess you are calling them theives? And those who BUY from them theives, too?
Old 10-15-2005, 08:02 PM
wojtek

the guy on the street told me that the N-Sync CDs he is selling for $2 are in fact his own and it was Justin Timberlaje that originally stole the songs from him .. i think i will give the guy on the street a benefit of the doubt ....

Arent you busy getting a JetJoe to work Curtis ? im sure Wren could provide you some great customer support on that one

Wojtek
Old 10-15-2005, 08:04 PM
wojtek

nothing wrong doing business wiht Sparc if its legit .. as per the way the law here in the US works, if you buy a stollen, or copywright infringed product, you as a customer are liable as well ...i know the "law" is not coming after this one , but my ethics as a consumer will not let me buy from Sparc ... If spark has an original product, and its somehitng i like, yea, id have not issues buying from them ..
Old 10-15-2005, 08:07 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Mr.Eric

thank you alot for the updates of my info

dear sirs please lets stay in peace and enjoy the build of a new jet in our family

regards george
Old 10-15-2005, 08:07 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

the guy on the street told me that the N-Sync CDs he is selling for $2 are in fact his own and it was Justin Timberlaje that originally stole the songs from him .. i think i will give the guy on the street a benefit of the doubt ....

Arent you busy getting a JetJoe to work Curtis ? im sure Wren could provide you some great customer support on that one

Wojtek
You listen to Justin Timberlake? That SOOOOOOOO figures you are an N-Sync fan! Menudo, too?
Justin Timberlake has a clear copyright to his songs. Actually, the people who actually WRITE the songs for him do!

This is not exactly clear with Skymaster. THEY say they designed them. Sparks says SPARKS did.

My jetjoe is running fine! And the service and support I have gotten from China has been AOK!
Cannot compare to Wren, Wren are the nicest people in the world.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:09 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

nothing wrong doing business wiht Sparc if its legit .. as per the way the law here in the US works, if you buy a stollen, or copywright infringed product, you as a customer are liable as well ...i know the "law" is not coming after this one , but my ethics as a consumer will not let me buy from Sparc ... If spark has an original product, and its somehitng i like, yea, id have not issues buying from them ..
Nope. You want to have your cake and eat it too.
If Sparks is copying Skymaster, which you are VERY clear is the case, and you have a moral problem with this, then you must also have a moral problem with BVM and all these other companies doing business with Sparks. And you should not be doing business with BVM.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:16 PM
jetace11

Every time I go to the jet legend site I look at those prices.
Call me a theif to my face and see what happens.[:@]
Old 10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Steven T
Don't let these SEA lawyers get to you. I for one am interested in your build even if some would have a "ethical" reason for you not to give it,and would want the thread canceled, since its about Jet ledgends.....
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 10-15-2005, 08:26 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure how morals are an issue here. It's a website that sells jets, I'm considering getting one of the gripens. For 500 bucks, why not? It's just a toy RC airplane. I don't really care where it came from, I'm breaking no laws or hurting any other business. I don't personally see the value in a gripen from Skymaster. Thousand bucks for the gripen seems too much for me. But 500 bucks, that's worth it. Especially considering the value I've gotten out of other airplanes I've paid cheap for. And sometimes the value out of somthings I paid a lot for.

One thing to consider, anyone who buys from Jetlegend that would not have otherwise bought from Skymaster, is not hurting skymasters business at all. Now someone who was willing to buy from Skymaster and then buying a product from Jetlegend could.

And in the end, if someone starts flying the snot out a JL airplane, then there could be some damage theoretically. I don't see anything going on in these threads that matters either way. Glad to see someone biting off and getting what they paid for, I didn't want to be first to see.

The '18 is looking good to me as well.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:07 PM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Wojtek
You listen to Justin Timberlake? That SOOOOOOOO figures you are an N-Sync fan! Menudo, too?
Justin Timberlake has a clear copyright to his songs. Actually, the people who actually WRITE the songs for him do!

This is not exactly clear with Skymaster. THEY say they designed them. Sparks says SPARKS did.

My jetjoe is running fine! And the service and support I have gotten from China has been AOK!
EASYTIGER

Which part is NOT clear to you? We have written contract, what Spark show you? The people sell $50 Rolex watch say they have copyright, and the one in Switzerland is their dealer. Do you need provide it?

By the way, if you stay in RCU longer enough, you should search all pictures and videos, it will help you to know who design and test fly all Skymaster planes.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
wojtek

Cusrtis, just to clear that one up, i do not, have not, and will not listen to Justin ... i can not let my reputation get tainted here like this [] ,,,, it was mearly an example ..

Wojtek
Old 10-15-2005, 09:21 PM
AirPac Models

Isin't there some rule here to keep vendors from advertising their own products on threads started about OTHER people's products?
You have posted your side about three times already. We heard that.
I don't have advertising posts here. I am posted to clear Gergoe and other people's concern. I posted 3 times about this issue, but looks like you never really read it clearly. Please let me know how can I help you to understand this issue?

Skymaster does not feel Jet Legend/ Spark is a threat for our business. People will soon found out how important quality and service. My posts here are just want to clear rumors that hurt Skymater's name.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Sean, The morals come into play here that just as Wojtek points out like a street vendor that is selling unauthorized copies of a musicians work the musician and music company is who is getting ripped off, if Skymaters contract gave them exclusive rights to sell the kit then they are getting ripped off by Sparks selling the kits, however if they did not have that in the contract then they opened the door for that to happen; either way legally and morally it's just not right to sell something you didn't have the right to in the first place. I guess another way is to ask yourself would you be upset if you designed a plane and went to an OEM to have it put into production and they undercut you by selling the planes as well. If not then I guess you are one of the 3 people that answered my poll as they didn't care if the design was stolen as long as it was cheaper.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:25 PM
wojtek

so if i started selling splash rip off os BVMs KingCats, and there was athread about this product, then does that mean BVM reps would not be alllowed to bring BVM up to the equation ???

Curtis, your thinking needs repair ....

Wojtek
Old 10-15-2005, 09:48 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ron Stahl

Sean, The morals come into play here that just as Wojtek points out like a street vendor that is selling unauthorized copies of a musicians work the musician and music company is who is getting ripped off, if Skymaters contract gave them exclusive rights to sell the kit then they are getting ripped off by Sparks selling the kits, however if they did not have that in the contract then they opened the door for that to happen; either way legally and morally it's just not right to sell something you didn't have the right to in the first place. I guess another way is to ask yourself would you be upset if you designed a plane and went to an OEM to have it put into production and they undercut you by selling the planes as well. If not then I guess you are one of the 3 people that answered my poll as they didn't care if the design was stolen as long as it was cheaper.
I agree. I DO care. But I don't think it's clear at all, IN THIS CASE, that someone is definitely ripping someone else off, or what. I also think that vendors can't complain to much, because EVERYBODY who goes to Mainland China to get their products made for thirty five cents and hour KNOWS that their product will be cloned, it's part of the price of doing business there. You need to accept it, and move on to the next NEW product. Or don't send your tooling there. Make your stuff here. At SEVENTEEN dollars an hour.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:55 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: AirPac Models

Wojtek

EASYTIGER

Which part is NOT clear to you? We have written contract, what Spark show you? The people sell $50 Rolex watch say they have copyright, and the one in Switzerland is their dealer. Do you need provide it?

By the way, if you stay in RCU longer enough, you should search all pictures and videos, it will help you to know who design and test fly all Skymaster planes.
Great! Prove it, then! Show the contract, show the design papers, show the tooling you made. Sparks says THEY designed them, and Anton Lin only test flew and marketed them. Just because someone posted it on the internet does not make it true.
I have no idea who is telling the truth, Sparks' story sounds just as plausible as yours, but you were not there, were you, when Lin approached Sparks. You don't REALLY know what happened, you are the US distributor, not Anton Lin. If I recall correctly, Skymaster was already up and running before you entered the picture.
You are not the bad guy here, though, in my eyes, though. Whatever transpired between Skymaster and Sparks, you did your job, people are very pleased.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:59 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: seanreit

I'm not sure how morals are an issue here. It's a website that sells jets, I'm considering getting one of the gripens. For 500 bucks, why not? It's just a toy RC airplane. I don't really care where it came from, I'm breaking no laws or hurting any other business. I don't personally see the value in a gripen from Skymaster. Thousand bucks for the gripen seems too much for me. But 500 bucks, that's worth it. Especially considering the value I've gotten out of other airplanes I've paid cheap for. And sometimes the value out of somthings I paid a lot for.

One thing to consider, anyone who buys from Jetlegend that would not have otherwise bought from Skymaster, is not hurting skymasters business at all. Now someone who was willing to buy from Skymaster and then buying a product from Jetlegend could.

And in the end, if someone starts flying the snot out a JL airplane, then there could be some damage theoretically. I don't see anything going on in these threads that matters either way. Glad to see someone biting off and getting what they paid for, I didn't want to be first to see.

The '18 is looking good to me as well.
I agree with all except one thing.
I think the Skymaster Gripen, at $995, is STILL a great value for the money. An awful lot of work in that plane. You would spend $500+ for just a glass-and-foam KIT of a plane that size, and many weeks of building. I think it's a VERY square deal. The fact that you might be able to get the same for a bit less does not make the $995 Skymaster version any less of a deal...it just makes the cheaper one a little better of a deal. And I think the JL ARF version is only a few hundred bucks less, if that. It's not like the massive savings on the KIT version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.