Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage argument

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
colindecon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage argument

Just buy both
Old 12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: spareanychange

how about, leave the subject alone, who cares, get what you like, if you wanna race, get a revo, if you want to bash, get a savage. If you wanna race with a savage you have to put alot of money into it, if you want to bash with a revo you have to put alot of money into it. There is too many things to go wrong bashing revos, and savages weigh alot. And i set up the hahaha thread for this converstation, talk on there, if one more thread lk this is set up im gonna go crazy!!!
See... this is what keeps this conversation going... Savage guys WILL NOT acknowledge that the Revo is a good basher... I've proven that the Revo can bash with my videos. The Revo is a great basher.. and doesn't need a bunch of hopups...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:56 PM
ace007

OK my turn.To me any rc is a good rc,I own a savage and have put a whole lotta money into it and enjoyed doing it.I like revo,jato,lsts,schumacher menace(my list could go on)And as far as parts breaking it could happen on any rc at anytime no matter what you do.The biggest thing for that respect is proper maintenance on the vehicle but even with that stuff can still break thats part of owning a rc.So if people are going to complain about stuff breaking get into another hobby because it is going to happen no matter what.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: ace007

OK my turn.To me any rc is a good rc,I own a savage and have put a whole lotta money into it and enjoyed doing it.I like revo,jato,lsts,schumacher menace(my list could go on)And as far as parts breaking it could happen on any rc at anytime no matter what you do.The biggest thing for that respect is proper maintenance on the vehicle but even with that stuff can still break thats part of owning a rc.So if people are going to complain about stuff breaking get into another hobby because it is going to happen no matter what.
That's a good point trhat needs to be made often. Especially to newbies wanting to buy their first "right" truck. They need to quit worrying about breaking things because things ARE GONNA BREAK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Well I saw a bashing video, and the Revo broke after 1 tiny long jump. My Savage has survived worse crashes than that. I'm not basing my entire opinion on that, as I saw how a Revo survived a 100 foot back flip, and didn't seem to break anything

I say to each his/her own, and leave it at that
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Well I saw a bashing video, and the Revo broke after 1 tiny long jump. My Savage has survived worse crashes than that. I'm not basing my entire opinion on that, as I saw how a Revo survived a 100 foot back flip, and didn't seem to break anything

I say to each his/her own, and leave it at that
FINALLY! LOL... I agree with that... to each his/her own... you like the Savage... I like the Revo... they both make great bashing trucks... and we're both happy.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Actually, I'm trying to find a Revo roller, to test it as well
Old 12-07-2005, 10:31 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Actually, I'm trying to find a Revo roller, to test it as well
Luke....(heavy mechanical breathing)...... come to the dark side..........
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM
MBX5T Maniac

I don't know how the Revo is the "Dark Side", but okay.

Ohh No. dark vader!!

Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

for the newbies lookin to get a new truck ..dave is right they all break ...so dont worry its all part of the hobby..i ran my rc's till i cant run them anymore coz i broke something ..thats y i got all these on my sig..
Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 AM
boydie1

Rather than all sounding like pre-pubescient children in the school yard "my daddy's car is better than your daddy's car 'cause" lets get back to the real reason we all bought our MT's in the first place...TO ENJOY THEM!!!!
Who really cares what truck goes faster/ handles better on the track unless your actually going to race, the same goes for which truck holds up best to rough landings unless your into bashing.
Whats the next argument going to be? The hellfire is better than....
All these trucks have their good and bad points suited to the conditions they are used.
Sure I own a couple of savages but I like/hate all truck equally (a motto I soon learned working on real cars & planes- no matter what they cost they're all still going to break down).