Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Developments at AMT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Developments at AMT

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:14 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Developments at AMT

I hear you loud and clear on "ad nauseum", I'll sheddap. Just have had my "legal" mind on all week with some legal issues, realized I spent way too much time negotiating while all the while knowing it was in bad faith, and had to resort to legal means, should have done it sooner.

Your motives and reputation are impeccable, AMT needs guys like you.

Hope it all works out, sorry about the ranting.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys, just talked w/ John at USA.

John has no problem doing whatever it takes to satisfy Wojtek and get his 400 in the perfect shape advertised. USA will resolve the problems ....and w/o further charges to Woj.

What John deeply regrets is the manner in which this has been handled...from his recollection, Woj' communications are never direct/in person, but instead public and one-sided. Hardly a good plan to foster a working customer-manufacturer relationship...as always, two sides to a story! Woj certainly has had his say, here....that is John's. No need for anyone to address those issues further, and I won't respond. That said, let's now just get a good engine back to Woj. That is best for both parties; after some period flying the 400, Woj will tell the world of his joy...and this episode is over.

To that end, I've suggested John do whatever, fully test-stand it...and send it to me. I will then test-stand it and verify USA's work (or not), and whether the engine is truly operating properly and to spec. I've seen exactly the problems Woj has experienced and know how to duplicate them...if there is a problem I will find it. All goes well, I will drop ship it to Woj. If not....then back to Cinncy for the next round. Time table is: USA will get to it mid next week, ship it to me by that weekend. Say, I have it the week of the 24th...then Woj could have it by end of April. All that is needed now is patience.

A plan? Is that agreeable, Woj?

Ray
Old 04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Ray Davis

Woj...maybe you're outa town.....please comment my above.

ET: Sound good to you....know why Woj hasn't responded? Tx

Ray
Old 04-12-2006, 08:39 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea, but I think he has been sick...

He's a pretty reasonable guy, and if he is not being reasonable, you can whup him upside the head with a keilbasy!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:44 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ray, I will accept the offer ..... I can't however be thrilled by it as a functional repair is what should have been done a long time ago, and without charging me in the first place ... I do hope it will be a reliable engine when I get it back this time around .... If I do use it on a plane, it would be on a CAI Raptor. Unlike the KingCat which housed my at400 before, the Raptor will not tolerate an engine quitting... If the engine runs reliably for numerous flights, believe me, I will give it its praises and accolades ... likewise, if I now lose a $15K plane due to the engine quitting, I will continue to be quite vocal about it ..

I thought I had replied to this a few days ago when you originally posted Ray, sorry about that, I did not mean to ignore you guys ... I might have written the response up but never posted it ..

regards,

Wojtek
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Ray Davis

Thanks Woj-

Then John/USA will go ahead next week. And, I think this time there can be no excuses as John gives me every reason to believe the 400 problems are truly a thing of the past. I've every hope you will be telling us so after flights on your Raptor!

I, too, greatly regret that USA has been so long getting to its repairs....IMO, those should have priority over anything else as a good faith effort to USA owners. To that end, John promised me repairs are now being turned around in a week....we'll count on that!

I'll keep all apprised.

Ray Davis
USA AMT Field Rep
Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Ray wrote: << John gives me every reason to believe the 400 problems are truly a thing of the past.>>

My friend Kevin Marks just got his 400 back last week from AMT USA "repaired" and it lasted 1/2 of a flight before siezing up in flight. Lucky it was in his KC and it has a good glide path, landed ok. I would not put the 400 in anything that you really care about.
V..
Old 04-12-2006, 10:57 AM
wojtek

oh boy .................. I think I’m going back to just requesting AMT buy my engine back, and also pay back my $300 for the past repairs ... I do not and will not trust it, especially in something like a Raptor or any other plane that does not glide ... [] ... Ray, I’m backing out of accepting the offer ... I think its time to pursue matters as per Curtis' suggestion ...

Vincent, thank you VERY much for the heads up !

Wojtek
Old 04-12-2006, 11:06 AM
wojtek

I just requested that AMY pay me back for the engine and the $ i put into repairs. I have given them 5 days to respond favorably, or I will be taking legal action.

what a shame ...

Wojtek
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Kevin contacted AMT USA and they said send in the 400 and it will be repaired free this time. I do not own any AMT`s but from what i have seen my friend go thru with this 400 i would stay away from this engine imo. V..
Old 04-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

[/quote]
Woj,
Passing that big old turd had to hurt!! Get the stitches out yet?How are you?Been out with the cyclone once since we flew.Lee did a good job on the repair.I'll call you next time we go out.Take care,
Erik
Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried to copy that pic of the AMT in the bowl,but it didn't work.Funny stuff.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Erik R

I tried to copy that pic of the AMT in the bowl,but it didn't work.Funny stuff.
It did not work because as a Simjet rep you are not supposed to make jest of a competitors equipment per RCU rules. (lol)

Closing this one as we have deviated from the thread’s main topic.