Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

California Jets '06 Movie*Larger File Added*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

California Jets '06 Movie*Larger File Added*

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: California Jets '06 The Movie

Stunning...simply stunning! Well done Paul.... Big Thanks for sharing, will be there next year for sure.

Todd
Old 06-29-2006, 11:40 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,
Just wacth it again and again. It so cool movie.
Jazzy get emotional of the parts missing man formation. Very touchy.
Thump Up.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:49 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Bryce and John???????????????????????

Wha sup?

I don't know two more admired men in RC than you two. Let's keep it that way.

You guys both represent what is the best of this hobby. No worries mates.

Now, back to our regular scheduled programming..............I'm off to the kitchen to refill my bucket of popcorn and then back in front of the computer for another viewing.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Paul,

You have out done yourself again, very very nice work. Wish I could have been there, but now I have the next best thing.

Thanks
Sung
Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Joe McBride
My Feedback: (12)

Thank you Paul...thank you for making a movie with some true soul.

That movie captured what it is all about for me...flying my model jets with a great group of freinds. Hanging, pushing each other, laughing, and sharing in the fun.

You are THE MAN!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for making the movie available Paul, as a noobie to jets I really enjoyed it.

While the movie was great the 'sideshow' was disappointing, where's a moderator when you need one? - John.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:01 AM
j.duncker

[color=#FF0000]I have deleted a number of posts in this thread that were off topic. I have not PMed anybody concerned as the PM system is down.

color]

Jet Mod.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow guys,
I cannot express enough how grateful I am for all the wonderful comments I've received here. This video truly came from my heart...and I am happy to see that it has touched many of yours.

The vid has been downloaded over 1,000 times in just over 24 hours. And I am sure that many of you are watching it multiple times. That's a pretty staggering number of views to a pretty specific target market in a short time (look at me, already thinking about next years' sponsor sell :-). It also confirms the debt of gratitude owed to RCU for providing the pipeline that has put this video in front of all of you. Thanks Marc!

I am going to be putting a SuperSize Me link on the Filmage page that will allow those interested to download a much larger file (possibly around 150 MB...larger image, better quality, and most importantly, higher frame rate). This will allow you to view the movie as it should be viewed...or close to it anyway. Of the small files up there now, The WMV file looks great but is choppy. The QT file looks noisy and soft but is very smooth.
Look for the larger file soon. I will post here when it has happened. (7/4ish)

At any rate, glad to see it is being enjoyed by so many, and, I do want to thank everyone who made the video possible.
If none of you had been there, this vid would have been sky and dirt and kinda boring

Again, thanks for the kudos, and do know that it means more than you'll ever know.

Paul
Old 06-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Paul, I finally got to sit down and watch the movie by myself without any interruptions.
All I can say is WOW!
This post is going to be very short, because I wanna go watch it again. I just wanted to tell you how much we all appreciate your tireless work in making sure we all have some incredible memories to re-boot whenever we get lonely.

By the way, your trademark signature ending did not go unoticed.........anyone else catch that?
I'll give you a hint..........nah, no I wont. One time 10% TamJet discount shopping spree to the first person who gets it!

Dave
Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, the vid looks great! Do you plan on posting an HD version?

Thanks again for making it.....
Old 06-30-2006, 06:46 PM
tamjets

I'll give you a hint..........nah, no I wont. One time 10% TamJet discount shopping spree to the first person who gets it!

What! No no no ..........
Daddy bottom hurt to much already from Duky A-4 deal.......
Old 06-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

??? Ya mean the plane going up vertical and spinning and glittering on the sun??

Turbulence

ORIGINAL: strawboss

Paul, I finally got to sit down and watch the movie by myself without any interruptions.
All I can say is WOW!
This post is going to be very short, because I wanna go watch it again. I just wanted to tell you how much we all appreciate your tireless work in making sure we all have some incredible memories to re-boot whenever we get lonely.

By the way, your trademark signature ending did not go unoticed.........anyone else catch that?

Dave
Old 06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Dave Presta

nope
Old 06-30-2006, 07:41 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

That was great, congratulations guys. After watching this great video all I can say is .......... I'll be there for 07 with a few South Floridians.

PS. Dave, remember that $20.00 coke at Top Gun ? Consider that my entry fee + interest
Old 06-30-2006, 07:51 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Johnny
If your going to attend one rally on the Left Coast...... make it this one,,,,,,,
Semper Fi
Joe
PS will you be attending Liberty Bell
Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Dave Presta

ORIGINAL: Jetflyer 24

PS. Dave, remember that $20.00 coke at Top Gun ? Consider that my entry fee + interest
LOL
It was $3!
but I will gladly pay the $20.......Johnny's markup folks!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:57 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

LOL !! Dave...

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

Johnny
If your going to attend one rally on the Left Coast...... make it this one,,,,,,,
Semper Fi
Joe
PS will you be attending Liberty Bell

I'm marking it for next year. No Liberty Bell for me this year Joe, Michigan Jets took my vote.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:24 PM
SDCrashmaster

ORIGINAL: sideshow

Paul, the vid looks great! Do you plan on posting an HD version?

Thanks again for making it.....
The full res version in HD is 6 Gigs, so no, there will not be an HD version available.
I am rezzing various formats looking for the right combination of quality, framerate, etc. that comes in around 150 MB.
I'll post here when it's available for download.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-03-2006, 01:03 AM
seattle_helo
My Feedback: (1)

Paul, that was very, very well done. Much nicer than many of the projects I've been working on lately...

Maybe for '07 I can come down there and do sound for you pro bono.

nick
Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

It never gets old. I want to give you a huge thank you, and let you know how much we all appreciate your work. No one could have brought the true feel of the show to life in a 15 minute video as you did. Mr. Farr was unable to make the show due to work. Your video will let him see what went on that day and hopefully bring to him the same strong feelings we all had that day. Thank you brother, you truly are the man! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Dave Presta

Ok, since none of you who have PM'd me have the correct answer to the trademark Paul Reese ending.

I will give you a hint "SMOKIN' JOE McBRIDE"

Yep thats right, if you remember the Best In the West video.....the ending had Smokin Joe doing the "Chariots of Fire" jog down the runway in closing.
The California Jets video ends with the Composite Arf Lightning.........flown by none other then Smokin Joe McBride.

Now, its up to Paul to reveal if thats just a coinsidance (however you spell that damn word) or if that is really a trademark Reese Creative watermark.

Either way, the video rocks!
Thanks again Paul for capturing every aspect of the most fantastic 4 days of the year.

Dave
Old 07-03-2006, 03:09 PM
SDCrashmaster

Kenny, Your appreciation makes the effort well worth it. You did a fantastic job and made it a fun and rewarding experience for all...which makes this all fun for me.

Nick, the only Bono I've ever liked more than Sonny...is..."Pro" We'll chat but...Sony FX1, no SLR inputs, RODE vidmic (minipin)[]

Dave...very perceptive but...total coincidence. "Chariots of fire" LMAO. The same could be said of my opening sequences also as I've used the Dukmobile in the same afformentioned movies.
After the sublime title sequences, it's necessary to hit the meat hard! And for some reason, I manage to get, what should be the most difficult shots, the best. Anyone whos ever tried shooting vid will tell you that close in, fast moving RC Jets have got to be one of the harder subjects to shoot...in the world. Somehow I always get a good take on one of Dougies hi speed, very low, smoke on passes. I'll have to work on continuing some of the "signatures" in the future though.

NOW, onto Bigger and Better...(see next post)
Old 07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
SDCrashmaster

LARGER CA JETS 06 MOVIE AVAILABLE

A larger, better looking and sounding WMV file has been added to the www.ca-jets.com site.

At 73 mb, it is only 12 mb larger than the 60mb files yet, looks and sounds much better, as well as a larger player window.

Enjoy,
Paul
Old 07-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Having high speed internet that is fiber optic allows me to stream the vid with no problem---The larger file is AWESOME!!!!!!!---Make it even bigger if you like---My system can take it!!! Paul......Keep up the good work!!!

Kevin

PS---I saved it as target to see just how long it would take and it took all of 4 seconds to download!!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
JimBrown

Paul,

Wow. Just... Wow!

I held off viewing it until the large version was available. Watched it full screen on a 19" monitor. Absolutly awsome. Now to burn it to a DVD and watch it on the 42" widescreen. :-)

How big would a DVD quality render be?

...jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.