Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:09 PM
jacksflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

WELL I CAME TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF THE FALCON 40..
IM OFF TO ORDER ONE. LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES SOON.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:30 PM
J-Cube

Sounds like a good beginner heli, and I am still a newbie by definition. I'll order one as soon as my Dad says I can get one (I'm 14 so I still have to ask and work to get something).
Old 10-11-2006, 05:37 PM
makatron

with late i mean that you posted few hours after i made my order so i couldnt use the codes anymore lol

nothing against you mate
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 AM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

Sounds like a good beginner heli, and I am still a newbie by definition. I'll order one as soon as my Dad says I can get one (I'm 14 so I still have to ask and work to get something).

Your Dad sounds like a great guy. He's smart to make you work to pay for the heli and heres why:

1. You won't crash as much since it was you that had to come up with the ca$h to buy the heli!!!

2. When you get to be a big boy (anything over 25), your toys will cost significantly more but you'll already know how to pay for them !!!

3. He won't have to take any money away from his "Toy Fund" to buy you your toys. (I did say he was smart right ???)

Well, good luck with the work... You'll be in the air soon enough

Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
J-Cube

Yeah...his toy fund *ahem* Ford Mustang *ahem*.

He is smart though. He's a mechanic.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:15 AM
TheVirus

GF bought me a Blade CP Pro for my bday. I might ask my mom to get me the Falcon 40 as her gift to me. Any other extras I should go for? For some odd reason, my mom enjoys spoiling me
Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 AM
J-Cube

Lucky...

Ya get a T-Rex SA (or whatever its called) while your at it. You know, that $200 ARF heli that to put together cost $800. That way you have something larger to go to later.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
J-Cube

Is there an aluminium frame out there that will fit the Falcon 40? I'm going to order everything soon.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
robotronski

Is there an aluminium frame out there that will fit the Falcon 40? I'm going to order everything soon.
Sorry, J.C.
I doubt any company is going to offer any hop-ups for such a simple heli. Get out there and mow some yards or paint a neighbors house and get the TREX 450SA you're dreaming about. Be sure you can fly the heck out of your Falcon 40, before you even think about touching that aluminum framed TREX you earned yourself.

Today was my 1st day to fly outside with sustianed forward flight. Calm day, hardly any wind. I had no pilot or heli related problems and was suprised how comfortable I was at the stix. The only problem was I had to be careful with rotor speed management at the end of the battery pack. Couldn't count on yanking the heli out of a problem by throwing a lot of rotor speed at the problem, as there was not enough juice left to accelerate out of trouble. Had to make a landing pad out of a a peice of cardboard to keep the tail rotor out of the grass. Had no problems landing on the 3 x 4 foot cardboard. I know I would not be flying a complex collective heli this good this soon. Too much pucker factor trying to learn.

Tommorrow I hope to take my Walkera 22E (1st heli) out for a taste of collective flying. Its so much more sensitive to transmitter stick inputs. I put the 22E on the shelf about 2 months ago since I was crashing it too much, thats when I ordered the falcon 40 as a trainer. smartest thing I've done so far. Well, gotta go see whats up with the TREX 450 you mentioned ealier. Lots of buzz on the net about it I'm sure...

Hope you get in the air soon...
Old 10-14-2006, 08:35 PM
J-Cube

Thanks. That helps.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:53 PM
makatron

i got a walkera 22E myself and ended ordering a falcon 40 as trainer too

yes it was a smart way to learn without crash my chopper

but i learned one thing

STAY AWAY FROM WALKERA "EL CHEAPO" CHOPPERS
everything about them is cheap!!!

once i master all the basic flight im going to buy a nitro heli to earn more hours in the air (im sick and tired of recharging)
Old 10-14-2006, 09:28 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: makatron

once i master all the basic flight im going to buy a nitro heli to earn more hours in the air (im sick and tired of recharging)
Have you ever had a glow powered model before? They can be a real pain. Fuel costs, glow plugs, tuning issues, flame-outs while at altitude, oil residue everywhere.

On the plus side, its hard to beat the power of a well tuned 2-stoke glow engine.

Plus you gotta love the smell of burning nitro...

Have you decided what heli your gonna get next?

Dang, this is an addictive hobby isn't it??????
Old 10-14-2006, 10:43 PM
makatron

i got my walkera 22E after had a friend's chopper for a month and i couldnt stay away from it!!

its very addictive, i tried nitro planes few years ago but they werent as addictive as helis
because helis can flight almost everywhere!! and planes need a place to land and stuff and they arent as fun as choppers

i just got my picoo Z micro rc helicopter yesterday and i cant stop flying!!
go youtube.com and you will see how fun is it, after crashing comes up scratchless!
and comes with LiPO battery
Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Super_Dave

I'm a little confused. You said you were waiting to fly your Falcon 40? Then you said you got you flight training on it? What did you say? [sm=confused.gif]

Does anyone here own or have owned a Blade CP? I want to know how it compares to the Falcon 40.

Well it's Tuesday, I'll check back for responses later tonight.
Going to wait till I get to work Tues A.M. to give it a test flight.
I have the blade CP an its very hard to fly. The controls are way to touchy for a new pilot.

This falcon 40 sounds pretty cool. I don't care much for the blade CX if your doing anything more then hovering because if you get to aggressive the counter rotating blades will start hitting eachother. Its pretty funny the first few times but then you just get tired of it because you can't fly it as hard as you might want to.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 AM
J-Cube

Wow! You just answered a question of mine from another forum! Thanks!

I got a little aggressive with my Lama V3 right as it had a throttle glitch (common occurrence) and the blades hit each other in mid air. That's what happened. Thanks! I know now not to get too aggressive (its just so easy to fly my Lama now that I guess my skills went beyond what the little co-axial could take)! [&:]
Old 10-15-2006, 10:48 AM
J-Cube

BTW, will this frame fit the Falcon 40?

[link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/honeybee3.htm]Click here[/link]
Note: It's at the bottom of the page.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Super_Dave

Wow! You just answered a question of mine from another forum! Thanks!

I got a little aggressive with my Lama V3 right as it had a throttle glitch (common occurrence) and the blades hit each other in mid air. That's what happened. Thanks! I know now not to get too aggressive (its just so easy to fly my Lama now that I guess my skills went beyond what the little co-axial could take)! [&:]
Your welcome . Those blades are made not to break when they hit something so they flex way to easy for even slighty aggressive flying. I wonder if you can get the blades to hit the tail boom mid-flight on the falcon 40? Even if you can it shouldn't be to easy.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:02 PM
J-Cube

I got Plasti-blades to hit the tail boom on my old Blade CP in mid "hover".
Old 10-16-2006, 09:00 AM
robotronski

I wonder if you can get the blades to hit the tail boom mid-flight on the falcon 40? Even if you can it shouldn't be to easy.
[/quote]

No boom strikes so far, even with a few hard landings.
Did fly into a concete block wall at about 8 feet up and had multiple boom strikes.
Popped the rotorhead back on, straightened blades and flew some more on that batt. pack.
Boom is very skinny/flexible.

Again, this AIN'T NO 3-D ship I assure you, but it is a balst to learn on for sure.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:38 PM
J-Cube

Great to hear that. After all that is what I was looking for to begin with; a beginner heli.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
robotronski

Gotta Love those Falcon 40's !!!!

Gone Falcon 40 CraZy it seems...

Check out the fleet.

Look close for the ID #'s on the #2 and #3 heli's. Gotta keep track of which one flies good and which one needs work.

BTW, #3 is the newest edition, no crashes so far. (Oops, I just jinxed myself didn't I?)

#3 flies great, dialed in the gyro (turned down the gain) and tried some hands-off hovering today. Could do about 5-6 secs with no pilot inputs required about 3 feet off the ground. Indoors of course, with no wind present.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77790.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	542241  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
cbr rob

I'm looking at picking up the Falcon 40 for my first heli. Can't beat the price and it seems to be an improvement on the Walkera electrics. I have a couple of questions though. Is the Falcon 40 a good candidate for LiPo?? If so what LiPo pack would be the best fit? Also, what are the average flight times with the stock NiMh batteries? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
drtmind01

yes exeed stuff is ebta, i know they use the walkera stuffbut when i bought the raptor g2 aka walkera 36 i never had interferience like normal walkera 36 users and the motor was powerful enough to fly and came ready to fly not like the walkera edition which are not ready these were actually ready i bought two and they both came ready out of the box and none ever had a glitch never i even bought a brushless setup from align and still not glitch on both helis so i think there is some improvement it was good it only broke parts when i crashed as pilot error , nothing ever cameout fliying of the heli and had to say bye to it as i cheated the raptor g2 -wallkera 36 with a trex450xl
Old 10-17-2006, 08:05 AM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: cbr rob

I'm looking at picking up the Falcon 40 for my first heli. Can't beat the price and it seems to be an improvement on the Walkera electrics. I have a couple of questions though. Is the Falcon 40 a good candidate for LiPo?? If so what LiPo pack would be the best fit? Also, what are the average flight times with the stock NiMh batteries? Thanks in advance!
You can't go wrong with the 40 as an entry level heli. You'll get more out of this heli than an entry level counter-rotating type heli.

Not too complex, rather easy to fly compared to a collective pitch heli like a 22E Walkera. (my 1st attempt at the hobby)

Sorry, have not tried the Li-Po set-up. I've got a ton of Li-Po's around but the 7.4 seems like it would be not enough volts and the 11.1 would be too much, (may smoke the motors, motor controller etc...) I've seen posts on the Walkera DF4 forum about guys using the 7.4 Li-Po with success. I need to try that, but honestly I fly for about 5 minutes and take a break anyhow.

Stressed out from learning nose-in flight!!! But I'm making serious progress everyday. Tried to advance to nose-in with the 22E and almost wiped it out. Just to aggressive a bird I feel. I'm no 3D pilot thats for sure !!!!!

Would also have to modify the stock NiMh battery holder to hold the Li-Po.

I do know I'd save some substatial weight though. Need to try it huh??? Less weight = more flight times too.

Oh, and watch out, the supplied battery charger will cook the NimH pack if you don't constantly monitor it to be sure its not too hot to the touch. Its an El-cheapo charger but does charge the pack rather quick 1-2 hrs I'd say.

If you'd like I can suggest a vendor I've had good luck with with good pricing as well.
No rip-off on shipping fees either. US based seller. Not an agent for them, just a satisfied customer.

Well I hope I've been helpful. Your gonna get hooked on the hobby like everyone else. I have a 2nd (part time) job at night just to keep me supplied with new goodies!!!! Trust me its addictive !!!!!
Good Luck,
Robo
Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
TheVirus

What charger would you recommend for the batteries?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.