Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

what a difference a prop makes - DA50

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

what a difference a prop makes - DA50

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what a difference a prop makes - DA50

ORIGINAL: ljones5000

ORIGINAL: sinergy

Well prop does a lot of things... it effects both noise and power.

The Mej is a great prop and will pull that around great. You can also try a PT or a Xoar.

I was thinking the Xoar is wood and the PT is CF....is it reasonable to compare them in the same breath?

Larry
Well.. the topic was "What a difference a prop makes" So I mearly suggested two other props that pull very well. A prop is a prop regardless if it is wood or CF.

Not sure I follow your thoughts on this.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"A prop is a prop regardless if it is CF or wood"? Well, the difference in materials becomes more important in our application. The extremely low blade angles that have become popular require blade tips to be as thin and stiff as possible or else they soak up a lot of power. Carbon has an advantage over wood in this area. If we flew faster and were able to make good use of higher pitched props then construction materials would not make as much of a performance difference.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that... but the topic is not wood vs cf so I just threw out 2 prop names that maybe he could do some reading about... that's all