Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car going at about 2km!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 AM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car going at about 2km!!!

When ever i start up my car it never starts up i always have to clean my glowplug with a rag.The plugs a bit wet there could be fuel on it...I never use to have had to do that before but ive had to turn my hsn over half a turn richer because my car is running really hot all in a sudden(not much of a temperature change in weather)I was thinking the car is overheating when its rich because my spur gear got stripped,i cleaned it up with a knife and now the teeth are shorter .Is this why or maybe because i tightened the mesh between the clutchbell and the spur gear so it wont strip again.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 AM
naynay12

When ever i start up my car it never starts up i always have to clean my glowplug with a rag.The plugs a bit wet there could be fuel on it...I never use to have had to do that before but ive had to turn my hsn over half a turn richer because my car is running really hot all in a sudden(not much of a temperature change in weather)I was thinking the car is overheating when its rich because my spur gear got stripped,i cleaned it up with a knife and now the teeth are shorter .Is this why or maybe because i tightened the mesh between the clutchbell and the spur gear so it wont strip again.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Elite_Tux487

If you strip the gear your best bet is to just buy another one..or get a metal one. If you overly tighten the gear mesh it is just going to create greater stresses on everything and you wont go as fast. The straining engine could also be a reason why your engine was over heating. But if take the glow plug out and turn the engine over a couple times and see fuel come out then your too rich.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:05 AM
naynay12

ok,i heard that a matal spur gear will lead to bigger problems with something else going wrong such as the clutchbell...is that true?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:17 AM
Elite_Tux487

It's harder to mess up the clutch bell but racing steel clutch bells would be your best bet if you want.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 AM
naynay12

ok so with a metal spur gear it will not wreck anything ,people tell me that with plastic it will give way first with meatal it wont give way and something more expensive will break.Is this true?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Elite_Tux487

Its possible that something in the tranny most likely the idler gear will strip. I don't know how strong the tranny(s) are/is in your vehicle.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 AM
naynay12

Lol probably not very you heard how easy my car breaks,its also hard to geat parts for ,have to get them shipped from other side of the world.I think ill stick to the plastic.Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
ross_jsy

ye sounds like you are running to rich. plugs always burn out though. normally every gallon as an average. you shoud replace it about every 1/2 gallon to see good performance.